Alton Sterling

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Ubiquitous, Jul 6, 2016.

1. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

But why only be outraged when its happening by a white person? Thats my issue. The next time a group of black people protest over a black person dying from the hands of another black person, will be the first time.

What do school shootings have to do with anything?

But since you bring them up thats a good example. White people dont care about gun control until those little white kids die. Am I "racist" for saying that too?

2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I think you missed the point dumbass. which is no surprise. And I'm married to a black woman by the way, which should be irrelevant to this conversation but you asked. Since all black people think the same according to you it doesn't matter what neighborhood I live in right? as long as I meet 1, I understand how they all think. I mean isn't that the point you are making? or no?

I actually dont have to take you down since byz made you his bitch already.. it would be spiking the football. I am sorry I called you a shithead.

3. irishwhip03

And sorry that generalizing a race is now considered racist.

Maybe if you guys had some legit comebacks to me instead of just calling me a racist Id be able to see things a little from your point of view.

But nah liberals would rather just label someone a racist and move on.

Laughable.

4. irishwhip03

Another poster who's a waste of my time. Just do me a favor and dont respond to any of my posts. I dont agree with you , you dont agree with me. Keep it like that. I dont care to converse with someone who only results to name calling to try to prove a point.

5. hastygreen

hastygreen Well-Known Member

Black people killing other people tend to be in gangs, gangs kill each other. That's a basic premise of what gangs do; with the other being vice of some sort. They do it here, and everywhere else into time immortal where economic and academic destitution among a select is prevalent. It wasn't always guns but you get the drift. You have drugs, lack of economic opportunity, a sorry educational experience and external pressures from those that say ah fuck those "fill in you chosen expression" because they are just the worst goddamn thing god put on this earth. You get a group of dissatisfied people with no hope that anything positive will come of their aspirations because their immediate situations tend to dictate it.

While you feel that there are no protests about black on black crime, I have to say you are wrong. There are rallies, the news doesn't cover them. They tend to be grassroots and not some single monolithic entity. They take the form of sponsored night time basketball leagues, rallies for less crowded classrooms, better economic development opportunities, churches with open door policies, community food drives, events to exchange guns for something else and so on. These things are done to alleviate the need to "join" a gang and go around shooting folks.

However, again, it's not going to make the news because its isn't sensational enough. I will agree with you there, but you have to simultaneously understand that each and every single one of these things done in piecemeal is a protest to what is happening. The conceit that black people don't care about the lives of their fellow black man and woman is a single sided conceit born of a sincere lack of empathy from those that are either ignorant of the entirety of the situation or completely unwilling to acknowledge anything other than their particular interpretation of it.

6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I get outraged about shootings and murder PERIOD. Black people, children, etc murder is murder. These 2 killings are just the latest in unjustifiable murders that are happening. Cops getting trigger happy because some person decided to go for his licence and instead gets his head blown off. I don't see that happening to white people AS often. Maybe it's an intimidation factor, I don't know.

Listen, I know you've probably have never had a minority friend in your entire life and I am sincerely sorry for that. Maybe one day you'll get some friends that have a different view on life and you'll start to understand things more clearly.

Your bold is absolutely wrong as well. Racist, moronic and I am sure you feel that way.

7. irishwhip03

Well look at this, an actual intelligent response.

Others here should take notes.

There are definitely protests against black on black violence and gang violence. But there is never outrage against that. There isn't a "movement" against gang violence, and the little outcry there is against it, is usually bred in an anti-white agenda.

So even when the white man isn't being blamed, he's being blamed.

8. irishwhip03

Such a beyond silly statement. Unlike others here I don't live in a race bubble. Even the black friends I do have only talk about these incidents as well. And I say the same shit to them as I do on here.

Only difference is they don't call me a racist. So what's that say about some of you here?

9. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I try to review stuff like this with the mindset of "just because a black guy was shot by a white cop doesn't mean it was racially motivated" because I think people snap to that judgement too quickly. That being said, upon review of some of the video of this incident, this looks like a completely unjustified shooting.

I was talking about this with a few friends and nobody could give me a legitimate response to this question: why do people resist arrest? I've never been arrested but I feel like if a cop asked me to do something I would do it, especially at gunpoint. Barring mental illness or drugs it seems so odd to me that people resist. It's not like you resist to a certain degree and the cops are going to let you go, you're just making more trouble for yourself. I'm not saying that justifies the reaction by police but if you never resisted things would never escalate to the point that you are leaving your life up to a snap decision by a police officer.

10. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Even if you want to pretend you know what happened in this one, how can you even begin to claim the other one was unjustified? The only video available so far is AFTER the guy was shot. So why do you think you know what happened?

11. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

That's not true there are plenty of rallies and meetings in black communities about crime in those areas. They're just not reported because no one cares. But to get back to the point the cops mishandled the situation and they should be punished but we'll see how this plays out.

12. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

They're paid to deescalate situtions. I hold cops to a higher standard of conduct than the regular person.

13. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I do too but the point is that by resisting you are putting yourself in danger for no real gain, innocent or otherwise, regardless of what standard you hold the other person to it's a no-win situation. I would hold a doctor to a higher standard of conduct and knowledge of how to handle medical situations but I'm not going to go up to a doctor and chop my arm off because they might be able to attach it again, there's no win in that situation, best case scenario they do attach it and I'm no better than I was.

14. hastygreen

Was there outrage against the mafia or the cartels early on in their respective reigns? Or were they lauded by the same communities they were simultaneously savaging? In the case of the Mafia they are revered enough that many a documentary, movie and television series has been made that cast them in semi positive if not outright positive light. Let me ask how violent would the mafia wars have been if had they been able to get their hands on the weapons we have now? Additionally what if those communities were facing STILL facing economic stagnation they were facing nearly 100 years ago in part because they still held the "outsider" status slapped on them when they hit the American shores?

#154 hastygreen, Jul 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
  15. RexontheBeach

RexontheBeach Well-Known Member

Ho-Lee-shhhhhhhiiiiiiiiit

16. hastygreen

I have no idea what to do with that, but I'm not condoning the approval of gangs nor am I saying that people in the communities want them there. I'm just tossing that out there how both the Mafia and Cartels managed to gain tacit community approval early on before people turned on them.

17. irishwhip03

I don't know how you can compare people that shoot each other over sneakers and gold chains, to the mafia.

All I know is that neighborhoods that were mafia run in the old days were the safest neighborhoods to be in (if you were Italian).

18. hastygreen

edited: double reply to post.

19. hastygreen

I suppose if street gangs could get the co-operation of local authorities and government to so they could properly handle their illegal doings. Things might have possibly gone a little bit differently. I don't think that would have ever have been a real possibly in this particular reality.

20. irishwhip03

Thats like saying that cops these days don't take payoffs from black criminals like they used to from Italian ones.

There will always be crooked and corrupt cops. But I'm tired of people think that the majority of them are like that. And base their opinions off of half-told cell phone videos.

Personally I don't care if the death in this case was justified or not. One less scumbag that would've eventually ended the life of someone else and then eats up tax dollars being in prison until someone eventually ends his life.

If someone would've done it 18 years ago then his rap sheet would be a lot smaller and maybe some actual good people wouldn't have had to go through grief at the hands of him.

Good fuckin riddance.