Alton Sterling

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Ubiquitous, Jul 6, 2016.

1. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I think there are two separate issues -- the fact that the system has a history of protecting police brutality against blacks and the black community claiming nonexistent victimization that reduces the credibility of their claims and encourages dangerous, combative behavior that is getting black men killed. It's as if the community wants dead black martyrs so it can validate their victimization.

2. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Oh shit he retorted with what about black on black crime. What does Chicago have to do with a cop shooting a guy who was already detained?

3. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

"Resisting arrest" is a death sentence? Oh and he wasn't "resisting arrest"

4. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

This is not only the biggest story tonight. Look at this!

Video from facebook live was taken down and her facebook got taken down. BUT ITS ALL OVER YOUTUBE AND TWITTER NOW

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...lice-traffic-stop-article-1.2701935?cid=bitly

Extremely tragic, these trigger happy cops

#124 Poeman, Jul 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
  5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

That's definitely part of it. I just don't think it's isolated to blacks (the first part), that's just the highly publicized part. The system in place protecting law enforcement over the people they are supposed to be protecting and serving is taken as an institution by lawyers, judges and entire police departments.

If we could get past the whole "Tyrone got beat down while he was transporting 10 lbs of weed" issue and get to the "Officer Dipshit has beaten 30 multicultural people in a year" issue maybe things would get better.

Instead, dickhead TV producers control the narrative and the real facts are ignored.

6. Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous Well-Known Member

7. NotSatoshiNakamoto

You have no idea what went down.

8. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

If you think this is a "Police State" now, you ain't seen nothin yet..It's only gonna get worse.

#128 Cman68, Jul 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
  9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

A grand jury will decline to bring up charges on the officers in question like most other cases of this sort. you'll have people claiming victory and others claiming outrage while the grand jury system that heavily favors the police wont even give us the opportunity for "all the facts to come out"

looked like murder to me but who knows. I just don't like the idea of people always taking the side of their "home team" in things like this as I believe each situation is unique and complicated

FJF and Cman68 like this.
  10. JetBlue

Why would the passenger be asked for his license and registration? Have you ever been a passenger in a car pulled over and they wanted your license and registration instead of the driver's?

11. BrowningNagle

12. BrowningNagle

Its not that strange. I can think a few situations where that would arise.

1) it could be dangerous for the officer to be on the driver's side of the car. If they pull someone over on a 4 lane highway or something without much of a shoulder and the officer notices that there is a passenger he would go to that side of the car for safety reasons. (I've actually had that happen and its fairly common I think).
    2) if there is an accident and the officer wants to get information from all the witnesses
    3) if the passenger has committed the violation - like not wearing a seat belt or littering out the window.
    4) if they pull someone over and notice that the passenger matches the description of a wanted person
    5) if for some reason they got a problem with the driver, driving. suspended license? they will ask the passenger for his license otherwise they can't let the driver drive away after issuing the citation. (i've been there too)

it could've been any number of those things

13. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

Because like I said before. Black people only care about blacks people dying when it's at the hands on a cop or a white person. Hence no posts about anything except for when that happens.

It's hypocritical, a double standard. And actually racist.

14. irishwhip03

There's a country to our south that I'm sure would welcome you with open arms.

15. BrowningNagle

"Black people only care about blacks people dying when it's at the hands on a cop or a white person."

good grief what a shit head you are.

16. JetBlue

Then explain the disproportionate outrage from one to the other.

irishwhip03 likes this.
  17. BrowningNagle

well I mean I can't. The shithead just lumped the entire race together like they all think the same way and I don't believe that to be the case. So even from the start I have issues. I think there are probably lots of black people that care about murders of all kinds in their cities.

but we'll set that aside even though I have a huge issue with that and I believe it was a racist statement.

You don't see how people in general, white or black, would be more outraged/upset/concerned about a incident with the police than an incident between 2 criminal gang members? You dont see how why a shooting death coming from people charged with protecting us would not be more newsworthy than 2 idiots fighting each other? Lets not be naive here.

18. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I always found it weird how black people in America are called "angry" or "hypocritical" for expressing legitimate emotions over being brutalized and killed, while certain people rage at anyone who simply calls out their racism or privilege isn't even given a label.

Way to stereotype an entire Race. As if I don't care that school shootings happen. o_O

19. irishwhip03

Keep living in your bubble.

20. irishwhip03

Exactly. You CANT

But Im the shit head?

You're aces bro.

How about you actually meet a black person in your life cause I know just from seeing your stuff on here what type of peachy white neighborhood you must live in.