2015-2016 NBA Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by NYJalltheway, Oct 26, 2015.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Your posts looks like bees

2. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Durant is overrated. The Game 6 loss at OKC is on him as far as I'm concerned. Now he goes to SF on a loaded team and leaves the best player on OKC, Westbrook, hanging. Fuck Durant. I hope he never, ever, gets that ring now. And I'd take Westbrook over him every time. Westbrook is a winner and Durant is a cunt loser :mad:

NYJalltheway likes this.
  3. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

So Wade to Chicago. Still waiting on contract details. Looks like Wade really wanted his money.

nyjetsmets89 likes this.
  4. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

In the 1980's, arguably the golden era of NBA basketball, only two different teams in the West played in the NBA finals -- Houston in '81 and '86 and Lakers in '80, '82, '83, '84, '85, '87, '88' '89.

The East was slightly better, they had three different teams play for the Finals -- 76ers in '80, '82,'83, Celtics in '81, '84, '85, '86, '87, Pistons in '88, '89.

Out of 20 possible teams in the decade that could make the Finals, only 5 different teams actually made the Finals. Dominant teams make the NBA great.

5. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Exactly.

_

6. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

Cavs Warriors for the next 3 years will be great but the regular seasons will bore the fuck out of is I think.. Also, I will watch my Lakers and I will watch in June but I won't be watching much of anything else unless I got money on it.

7. abyzmul

The expected result isn't what has happened for the past 5 years, go ahead and bet Cavs/Warriors, I'll be interested in the result.

8. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I guess as a consumer without a horse in the race, it just dulls the entire regular season to me. I'm a Nets fan and after probably one of, if not the worst trade in pro sports of the past 15 years, I'm just a fan of the league at this point.

There were so many more compelling storyline KD could've followed. Go to Washington with that dynamic back-court and battle Lebron for the East. Go to the Clippers, Blazers or stay in OKC and try to maintain competitive balance. It makes it worse that I'm so sick of the GS Warriors ESPN coverage to the point where it was unwatchable.

We'll see how it all pans out. I really can't wait to see Westbrook go nuts and stuff the stat sheets like crazy (wherever he is) to the point where he has to be the MVP.

9. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

Nah I will wait on that. I usually bet the winner right before the playoffs. But I would bet a huge sum right off the bat if the bet was Cavs vs Warriors without a winner.

10. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The NBA would never do it because of all the revenue they'd lose but it'd be awesome to see them shorten the regular season. Who the hell needs to see Pelicans/Nuggets 8 times a year?!

NYJalltheway likes this.
  11. JetBlue

Nobody gives a damn about NBA regular season anyways. TV ratings had been on decline for years until this year, when we had the best regular season team in history. Absent of a compelling story, nobody watches.

KD with the Warriors is the most compelling storyline possible and is good for the NBA.

12. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Everybody knows what they should really do is eliminate a dozen teams. Of course with the avg franchise now worth $1.3B forget about even cutting a single team

13. abyzmul

Probably not a lot of people, but the intelligent people watch the injuries and know what the real options are when the post season starts.

That may be the most compelling storyline come October, but only a moron would take that as the eventual outcome.

14. JetBlue

The Warriors are a flawed team as they are built today. I certainly am not convinced they are a sure fire champion. But the psychology of sports fandom today is to be an expert and make declarations.

15. abyzmul

You definitely got that right.

16. GordonGecko

never mind that injuries happen all the time

17. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

No matter how small you go in this league with the talent GSW has. Bigs will eat you up(Good ones)

18. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

http://www.si.com/nba/2016/07/07/warriors-kevin-durant-kd-sneakers-shoes-nike-increased-price

What a dick thing to say, really used to like KD, but I guess $$$ does change people.

19. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Did you hear that on ESPN yesterday? They said that exact same thing.

It will be interesting to see what teams get the lower seeds in the playoffs, because we know the top seeds in both conferences already.

@JetLifeLo Westbrook is leaving dude. When he does, I hope you won't blame him, because how could anybody blame him now?

KD -
    Rus +

20. GordonGecko

Salary-cap projection for 2017-18 season to be lower than expected

In a surprise turn, the NBA is pulling back on its salary-cap projection for the 2017-18 season, according to a league memo obtained by ESPN, and it could complicate the Golden State Warriors' efforts to keep their new super team together.

The league previously projected the 2017-18 cap to hit $107 million but lowered that number to $102 million Thursday and lowered the luxury tax line projection from $127 million to $122 million.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16859143/nba-salary-cap-projection-2017-18-season-lower-expected