Its Gino time once and for all

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by sec314, Jun 28, 2016.

1. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Yes, I agree. He'll be tan, rested and ready.

NYJetsO12 and Jets_Grinch like this.
  2. BleedingGreen55

BleedingGreen55 Active Member

Good post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Exactly he doesn't need training camp. All in for week 1

4. TouchyFeely

TouchyFeely Well-Known Member

You guys sound brainwashed.

5. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I hear Gino/Geno has hired John Pierre Paul to be his bottle rocket and M80s Coach for July 4th

TNJet and Jets69 like this.
  6. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Make this happen! LOL

7. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Hahahahahahahahahaha??

8. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

This thread fails to deliver.

9. NotSatoshiNakamoto

for the love of God, can someone please fix the GD thread title already?

10. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I believe the thread title is perfectly apropos as it demonstrates the knowledge, understanding and thought that went into creating the thread.

11. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Yeah man I agree, man needs to get back to reality right?

12. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

It's funny how the Jets free agency started 3 months ago, while the Knicks started 3 days ago, and in that time the Knicks completely rebuilt their roster, while the Jets in 3 months still have the same 2 major question marks. This is killing me.

TNJet and NYJetsO12 like this.
  13. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

12 man roster versus about 60 at this point.

Easier to remake an NBA roster than an NFL one.

_

14. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

That's because Phil Jackson is a Zen Master and Mac is just a Master

15. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

lets not get out ahead of ourselves, the knicks simply made themselves more viable. not anywhere near a real contender.

16. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Reality bites. Frig Fitz last year was a career year. Time to move on Woodie!!!!!

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  17. Sam Hammer

They are miles ahead of where they were last year, it's not even close. Every position was upgraded aside from those who stayed on the team. Obviously it's easier said than done, we'll have to see how it really goes when they play. With Durant on the Warriors, I don't think any team is a contender now.

I don't know... it just seems like these Jets off seasons always just drag out to the nth degree. 10 more days before the Wilkerson deadline and a few weeks at most for Fitz to sign.

alleycat9 likes this.
  18. Sam Hammer

Agreed, but at least you know who the face(s) of the franchise are. Wilkerson is arguably the best talent on the roster and Fitzpatrick is supposed to be the leader of the offense. My gripe is just about these 2 major contract negotiations pushing for months with no end in sight. It's like a game of tug of war where the rope just won't budge. These next 2 months can't go by fast enough!

The Mets have been a good distraction from the off season standstill, plus the Knicks helped out over the past couple weeks.

But yeah, I'm ready for Gino!!!!

19. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

Fitz is a solid Vet, Brees is a guaranteed 1st ballot HOFer and Rivers has been a top 5 QB in the NFL 90% of his career, If SD wasn't so bad and they won a SB, rivers would be a guaranteed HOFer as well.

Cleveland wanted a young QB with potential to build around. They know fitz has maybe 2-3 years tops and they aren't going to do anything in that time frame.

Denver just won a SB, they have less pressure and have a ton of talent as a team. They wanted to draft their future QB (and did with lynch) and grabbed sanchez to compete. But they had no issue with oswieler (who they originally wanted to keep) Sanchez only counts 4.5 million against the cap for denver and is there to compete with lynch. Denver is strapped for cash and couldnt' afford to pay fitz the 10-12 million or so he wants.

Those 2 situations weren't a good fit. Just becuase fitz has limited choices, doesn't mean he sucks
    We won 10 games with fitz as our QB, more then 70% of teams didn't do that
    He threw for 4000 yards, something we haven't seen as a jet fan for a while
    He had a 2:1 TD to INT ratio with 31 TDs putting him top 10

For all intents and purposes, he had the best season a jets QB ever has. Now I know the bar is really low for that, but most teams are either rebuilding and have young QBs they are building around. Or are in a position to win and already have their starting QB. Fitz has nowhere to go where he can start but here. The whole situation is dumb. We are low balling him because that's what the market dictates is fair for him right now, but historically he'd be offered much more after the season he had. Hell buffalo like 6 years ago gave him 12 million a year after 1 good season. Sam bradford got like 12 million a year after a crap season. oswieler got like 12 million a year after a decent season. Fitz outplayed them both.

Both sides are going to have to give a bit, Fitz needs to realize that he doesn't have the leverage to get the amount of money his performance earned him, and the jets need to realize that he's worth more to them then he is to other teams. With fitz we can win 10 games and make a push, without him, we win maybe 6 or 7 and miss the playoffs.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  20. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I think it is impossible for Fitz to match last year's production and stats,,,it's just my opinion. I think he played as,well as he possibly could and we did not make the playoffs,,,,,I said it before and here it is again the first Bills game and the Texans game were horrible outings and the last game against the Bills not only had me questioning Fitz but that is where the honeymoon ended for MM and more importantly Bowels as far as I was concerned .
    I never thought I would say this but here it is,,do not over pay Fitz,and let's roll with Geno,,this way we see if TB can really coach and if this clown can actually play QB with weapons,,my guess is that Geno won't fare much better as I think he is just not smart but I don't want to overpay Fitz when We know his arm strength limitations,,,,,again at least we will see if the head coach is for teal

LIJetsFan, alleycat9 and socaljetfan like this.