Its Gino time once and for all

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by sec314, Jun 28, 2016.

1. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

That's a good point if fitz does not come back who the hell is gonna backup Geno?

2. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Geno might be cut before the season starts if they can find even a mediocre replacement for Fitzpatrick. Seriously, how can anybody honestly believe he has any future at all with this team? He is entering the final year of his contract without even a whisper of an extension, how many franchise qbs does that happen tp?

FlaJet, Pocket Jet and NYJetsO12 like this.
  3. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Who was that kid the Broncos just lost?

4. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Kirk Cousins.

5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Who dubbed him the franchise qb?

The 1985er likes this.
  6. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

My post was a response to this.

"We know Gino sucks.
    Let's play Gino anyway to see what Gino has even though we already have nothing.
    This way when Gino still has nothing we will be super sure Gino sucks in case Gino ever signs w Pats.
    "

No one is arguing that he doesn't suck. The point is he's here and he's been doing what he has to to get better. But if he starts I'm rooting for him to succeed.

7. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

I dont think that its tanking the season to go in and see what we have with geno. He is a young player that had a lot of success in college and was never given a chance to acclimate to the nfl. trust me i dont want to deal with a struggling qb this season any more than the next guy but the current situation is that fitz is asking the jets to leverage their future for a payday. I never liked fitz before he was a jet, and honestly he won my respect last season, but this just takes it all away.

you have a guy that has had marginal success in his career. He got one big payday with the bills and was soon thereafter washed away into obscurity. He comes to the jets and has the best season of his career in his 30s and then demands to be payed like a franchise qb. lets face reality here, fitz is not our future, if he plays this season theres only a slight chance we are as good as last year and honestly i am not expecting it. fitz shut down in big spots and couldnt get the bills monkey off his back. we failed to make the playoffs on a couple of terrible performances by the guy now asking for 16 mil? good riddance.

i get it. geno sucks. he hasnt played well for the jets and it is very likely the season will have more lows than highs if he is the starter, but at least we wont be stuck owing millions to an over the hill qb who had a career year when no teams were ready for him or this jets roster. it had already started to fade by the end of the season and we all saw what happened when we relied on fitzs arm to get us back into games.

he is not worth the money he is asking for and to take that kind of cap hit on a player you cant be sure will even repeat his mediocre season is just bad management.

so while im not all in for geno, i am definitely ok with not resigning fitz if thats what he is asking for. he has a long career and you cant just look at one season with him. his career is not worth his asking price and anybody that really believes he is worth it is just lying to themselves cause they dont want to roll the dice this season with one of the young guys on our roster.

#147 tank75, Jul 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2016
    LIJetsFan likes this.
  8. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

What he said.

9. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

What the fuck are you talking about.

_

TNJet, FlaJet, NYJetsO12 and 2 others like this.
  10. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i know I am late to the party.... but.... gino?

is it a gino-cologist? a va-gino? or just an Italian guy making pizza in Brooklyn?

11. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

He's saying Petty or Hack better be ready by week 3.

12. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Geno has never, ever being associated with the term Franchise QB......nor for that matter has Fitz. One is somewhat of an unknown, vastly disliked for his performance under the worst combined CS/GM leadership in years, the other is hold the fort at best. Geno being cut serves absolutely no purpose at this time.

LIJetsFan and FJF like this.
  13. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

There are no real assets at QB

Not like the Mo situation where you have quality players as backups like Richardson and LWilliams

The arguments against signing Fitz are like "deju vu all over again":

"We have a very difficult schedule in 2016 so I don't care who starts at QB anyway".....Complete defeatism SMH at "fans" like that

"Fitz wants the big $ now...he aint worth it"...Compare 24 mil(we don't even know how much is guaranted) vs 100 mill plus they are giving Brock ostweiler based on 7 games he played and that he is young with upside...NOW THATS TAKING A RISK for Houston

"In Buffalo Fitz blew it after he got a big deal".....Maybe so but he did not have million dollar receivers, the chemistry with this team, and a top defense like he has now

We have 2 developmental projects in Petty and Hackenburg so they are out of the equation for 2016

So then you have Geno/Gino Smith who stunk it up in the Oakland game last year and is not really a good player plus dumb as rocks. Personally I cant expect a miracle from him this year

So if I am Mac and want to field the best product who do I go with at QB?. Bowles will just tell Mac "next man up" cause that's what hes about eg Smith the current starter

If you get Fitz back it will cost you some money vs being cheap and go with Gino/Geno

The risk with Smith is astronaumical compared to Fitz plus he can be your ideal Bridge QB till Hack comes better along

To me its a no brainer. Its dumb for Mac to play Russian Roulet with Fitz possibly sitting out the season or getting back up money if someone gets injured. Chances are we will have a competitive season with Fitz vs Geno/Gino a borderline bust

If Fitz does not return we are REALLY f*cked

#153 NYJetsO12, Jul 2, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2016
    TNJet likes this.
  14. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

clearly a typo but i shouldnt expect you to read past the first line...

15. Pocket Jet

Pocket Jet Well-Known Member

all of our quarterbacks suck. Maybe back up material.

16. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

I guess if you're going to write a tome you'd check it first.

_

17. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

k

18. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

sums it up right here.....

19. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

I think the Jets won't budge on the money for Fitz and Fitz will sign.

LIJetsFan likes this.
  20. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Fitz is playing hardball so he doesn't have to go through training camp he will be back .... hopefully