Jets Roster for 2016/2017 Season

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Will, May 1, 2016.

1. socaljetfan

socaljetfan Active Member

Hey, if it smells like shit everywhere you go...

It's not hard to watch the Jets. I live in California and I don't miss a game, whether it's watching online or finding somewhere to chill that has Sunday ticket. Costs me $0.

2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I'm not a jerk, I just point out dumb comments when I see them. 101 is a quality poster and always has been, and he never suggested using our star defensive lineman as a fullback. Sorry, but you really don't know what you're talking about if you don't watch every game or nearly every game. If you did, I'd respect your opinion. The fact that you don't, means you know very little on what goes on on the field on a game to game basis, therefore meaning your opinion is moot.

There are plenty of ways to watch every game too by the way. You claim to have all of this knowledge of the team without watching the games. It's like claiming you're an expert of math but you don't know anything besides addition and subtraction. It's a joke.

#122 Jonathan_Vilma, Jun 30, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
    101GangGreen101, Jets69 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  3. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Ouch.

_

4. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

NCs comment : Back in the 80s the Bears used The Fridge Perry....LMAO

They used him for like ONE play to smash it in from the half yard line to score a TD

5. LIJetsFan

LIJetsFan Active Member

So, with Richardson's one game suspension, this gives us a little wiggle room on the initial 53 man roster. Does anyone have an thoughts on how we might take advantage of this situation. Perhaps a bit more room to hold on to one of our own while the rest of the league is cutting down to 53. Maybe a FA might shake who is worth signing or some such thing.
    Just trying to make lemonade out of lemons here :).

#125 LIJetsFan, Jul 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
    egelband likes this.
  6. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

We're all beating ourselves up over a scenario that hasn't even happened yet, Fitzpatrick returning to the team.

I think we either have Fitz or Geno in the roster and not both. Even if Petty isn't showing well. I always thought the guy needed a full two years before we see anything from him.

7. Brandon Moore's Butt

Brandon Moore's Butt Active Member

2014 was pretty hard to watch ;)

I stream every game online as I don't have a cable or satellite subscription.

8. Will

Will Well-Known Member

Former Ole Miss CB Tee Shepard is among six players eligible for this year's NFL Supplemental Draft. Other players eligible for the supplemental draft include Virginia Tech long snapper Eddie D'Antuono, Purdue DL Ra'Zahn Howard, Sam Houston State RB Jalen Overstreet, WR Rashaun Simonise of Calgary, Canada, and Concordia DE Cameron Walton.

The draft will be held on July 14.

From what I have read none should be drafted but should we be interested in any?

Tee Shepard is 6'1" and 195lbs - has a hearing issue that caused him to quit on the programme mid season.

Eddie D'Antuono is a 6'7" lonsnapper - here is a bad video on him
    http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/p...tech-punter-a-j-hughes-engineers-miracle-punt

Ra'Zahn Howard is a 6'4" 325lb NT
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/s...n-howard-expects-big-turnout-at-july-pro-day/

Rashaun Simonise is a 6'5" 200lb WR who put up big numbers in Canada

Cameron Walton is a 6'4" 235lb OLB
    http://www.hudl.com/video/3/7208235/5769d28c0f1a542b002acffd

Jalen Overstreet has significant legal issues that need to be addressed - fraud etc. with a 2 year prison sentence likely.

9. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

No players selected in this year's Supplemental Draft.

11. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

If we don't have both Fitz and Geno on the roster, then Mac isn't as good/smart as I think he is. That would be colossally stupid with Petty struggling so far this year, unless Mac has traded for another vet QB.

12. BleedGreen4ever

BleedGreen4ever Active Member

If Fitz signs we could probably get a late round pick for Petty just saying

13. jetlife21

jetlife21 Well-Known Member

Devin Hester got cut by the Falcons. Would be interesting to bring him into camp I have every reason to believe he could win the job as our top kick/punt returner.

14. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

#Jets are expected to waive (failed physical) RB Zac Stacy (left ankle surgery last November), source said.
    - @caplannfl

15. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I'm liking the Bernard Pierce pick-up. This guy used to scare me when he was on the Ravens tho it was a few years ago. GL to him.

16. Will

Will Well-Known Member

Not sure he makes the final 53 - do not have to make a decision until week 3 however as he has a 2 game suspension.

Per Jets Wire
    The New York Jets are looking to bolster their running backs group even more. After an off-season that saw the Jets retain Bilal Powell — while keeping Zac Stacy — and add free agents Matt Forte and Khiry Robinson, they are coming to terms on a contract with former Ravens and Jaguars RB Bernard Pierce, according to Houston Chronicle reporter Aaron Wilson. NFL Network reporter Mike Garafolo confirmed the signing.

Jets adding a RB. Will sign former Ravens and Jags RB Bernard Pierce, source says.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) July 27, 2016

Pierce was released by the Ravens in March of 2015 after being charged with DUI. The Jaguars picked him up off waivers the next day. Pierce only had six carries for 11 yards with the Jaguars, playing in just 29 snaps. His season ending Dec. 27 when he was placed on injured reserve.
    Pierce has a two-game suspension for the DUI arrest looming, so he will not be active for the first two weeks of the 2016 season, provided he makes the Jets’ roster. Considering the investments made in Forte, Powell and Robinson, Pierce is a curious fit with the Jets, especially with a suspension hanging over his head.

Khiry Robinson starts camp on PUP

17. Will

Will Well-Known Member

Updated to reflect resigning of Fitz - for me means Petty is on borrowed time as Geno will be retained as only back up with game experience

If they keep Petty means they are serious about keeping 4 QBs
    http://jetswire.usatoday.com/2016/0...ick-signing-mean-for-other-jets-quarterbacks/

Not sure who gets waived but will update once I hear - only signed late last night (19:00 so that element is not public yet as far as I can see)

18. NCJetsfan

Someone posted in the other thread that Hackett was cut. Edwards is now the Jets' punter and the only one in camp. I hope his leg doesn't fall off before the season starts.

19. Will

Will Well-Known Member

Most updates from Conor Hughes's twitter account

Muhammad Wilkerson, Devin Smith, Khiry Robinson, James Carpenter, Breno Giacomini & Kendall James have been placed on the Active/PUP list.

While this was expected for Wilkerson, Robinson and Smith and will not affect their places the 2 OL were a surprise (Carpenter has a hammy and Breno is more of a concern with a back injury that may date back to OTA's)

Biggest impact on a potential roster spot is for James who is possibly lowest in the CB pecking order - also hurt after McDougle (2 ints of Fitz) , Burris (showed excellent lateral movement and flexibility) and Milliner (2 FF's before he ran out of gas) shone on day 2 of camp.

Read Jenkins was with the 1st team D and stood out and was POD in some circles - good to hear lets hope he keeps it up.

Dozier stepped in to replace Carpenter with Qvale replacing Breno on with the starters

Minor comment on QB ints as Fitz was extremely rusty leading to miscommunication between himself and Decker than McDougle picked off but 1 pass apparently looked more like a punt - McDougle's second int. Of equal concern was the pass that Jenkins tipped to himself at the line for the first int as Fitz had significant issues last year with tipped balls at the line - Ninkovich had several in the first game Vs Pats as had several others.

Comment re punting competition was that both had shown up similarly in placements but Edwards leg was far stronger - have updated team list to take account of

20. NCJetsfan

POD? Is that Player of the Day?