Its Gino time once and for all

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by sec314, Jun 28, 2016.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

i didnt realize it had to be applicable. you simply said no fanbase calls for tanking after 10-6 and I'm giving you an example of one. At least mine applies to the majority of the "fan base" and not 1 or 2 guys on a message board btw

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  2. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Kapernick is/should be the starter for the Niners...Don't think anyone would take Fitz over Kaepernick man to man

Tyrod Taylor is a better player and will continue to improve...made the pro bowl last season. 20 TD/ 6 INT in his first year playing in the NFL...you would take Fitz over him, really?

Bradford and Osweiler I won't argue much but I would personally take them both in a heartbeat...There's a reason Osweiler and Bradford both got a huge contract and Fitz is still out there with one backup offer

Either way you're basically ranking Fitz very generously at like 25ish and Geno at like 29. So why is it that crazy for fans to think Geno could be atleast comparable and for no extra money/cutting players?

3. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

To be fair, fitz outplayed peyton manning this year and manning won the SB

4. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Kaepernick's in the same boat as RG3. Had a lot of success running an offense that isn't sustainable over the long term. And now looks completely lost in a more conventional offense. As for Taylor, I think last year was a bit of a fluke. I could be wrong, but I expect him to regress this year. Fitz's problem is that he's on the wrong side of 30, so he isn't going to improve much. That's why he hasn't gotten any big offers and why I don't want the Jets to cave in to his demands. But in the next couple years, I think Fitz gives us a significantly better chance than Geno, and it seems like the staff and FO agree with me.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  5. HomeoftheJets

Fair enough. Though Colts fans weren't calling for tanking during the summer. It was only after Manning was declared out for the season in Sept and the team started losing badly.

westiedog1 and BrowningNagle like this.
  6. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

age is a big reason. Fitz had a top 5 season at QB for us, but realistically he is an average solid vet QB. He's better then our options but no team splurges on a solid vet. They are usually offered back up deals. Fitz could sign as a back up on at least half the teams right now for 3-4 million but he wants more. we offered him 8 mil and still he wants more. Fitz clearly doesn't understand his value, but it doesn't mean he isn't valuable to us. He really has 3 options right now. Sign with us for 8 mil, take a back up deal for 3-4 mil, or retire. I think he's holding out hope that a good teams QB goes down and he gets a big offer from them for 1 year, but even then Most good teams don't have much cap room right now

7. King Koopa

Kaepernick and Taylor.....You gotta factor in upside, talent, potential. Kaepernick was great when he had talent around him and was basically an MVP candidate....Taylor looked very good in his first year ever playing

Maybe you as a Jets fan would take Fitzpatrick but if you poll fans of all teams I think you be in the extreme minority

As for the next couple years, I don't believe the Jets are with your mindset at all....They are offering him basically very good backup money if you look at the full 3 year offer....that doesn't sound like they are very confident in Fitz leading us over the next few seasons

It sounds more like this is what we value Fitz as (a bottom tier starter/top notch backup).....take it or leave it and next guy up if you don't like it

LIJetsFan likes this.
  8. King Koopa

If a good vet QB hit free agency a few teams would gave jumped at the opportunity...If we had a chance at a Brees or Rivers we would have dropped a ton of money on them for a few seasons and rightfully so

Fitzpatrick is viewed as a bottom tier starter/backup for most teams like you said....This is my main point

Why did Cleveland and Denver not go after Fitzpatick? They'd rather go with Sanchez and RG3 for cheap...We can go with Geno for even cheaper

Why are we the ones expected to drop money on a below average veteran QB? It's just bad business

LIJetsFan likes this.
  9. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

We owe it ourselves to see what Bohanon can do!

Forget the last 3 seasons. He may have vastly improved even though nothing suggests he has. Let's bank our season on that transient hope, and feed dat rock to Bo!

10. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

I don't believe any of the articles I've read but the articles I've read suggest he's REALLY matured this year, really knows the playbook and has improved reading defenses.

From articles I've read.

But I don't believe any of them.

So yeah it's Bro Time.

_

11. Angry Teste

Angry Teste Active Member

In 2013 he had 12 TDS and 21 INTs
    IN 2014 he had 13 TDS and 13 INTs

He had only Decker to throw to, who is in all accounts a great #2 receiver, not #1. I feel that with Gailey and finally a great core of receivers, his numbers would only improve again. The media has not ONCE posted his improving stats. EVER! They just state his TOTAL interceptions. Look at the stats, boys. There is hope.

LIJetsFan likes this.
  12. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

No it doesn't.

13. HomeoftheJets

Starting a bottom 5 QB if not the worst one in the NFL doesn't usually lend itself to winning unless you're Denver.

NYJetsO12 and TurkJetFan like this.
  14. HomeoftheJets

I'm not sure about other people preferring TT or Kap to Fitz. Regardless my mindset is the same as the Jets. Try to get Fitz in on a reasonable deal and wait a couple more weeks for him to come to his senses.

15. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

All true, but keep in mind 19 of Tyrod's 20 TDs came against Revis in the last game of the season :D

NYJetsO12 and TurkJetFan like this.
  16. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

I've been ready for Geno for 2 months now. Fitz doesn't care about the team, he's dead to me.

LIJetsFan and matt robinson 17 like this.
  17. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

So let's recap.

Fitz leads us to 10-6 and we get screwed on tiebreakers. But he goes for 3900 and 31 td on the season.

We know Gino sucks.
    Let's play Gino anyway to see what Gino has even though we already have nothing.
    This way when Gino still has nothing we will be super sure Gino sucks in case Gino ever signs w Pats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  18. TurkJetFan

That's the spirit.

19. TurkJetFan

U sure you ready to stand by that statement for 16 weeks?

20. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

When does fairness enter a Jet fan's mind? It's what makes us Jet fans. Just saying..

TurkJetFan likes this.