2015-2016 NBA Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by NYJalltheway, Oct 26, 2015.

1. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Yeah we need to keep Ibaka long term if this is going to work. The more I think about the trade, the more I kind of like it though. Ibaka and Vučević will be a good front-court combination. They compliment each other very well. It'll benefit both teams.

NYJalltheway likes this.
  2. Satan

Satan Well-Known Member

ben simmons 16 year old cousin killed in hit and run in jersey

3. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Holy shit still think Buddy will be a better baller

4. highflyer

highflyer Active Member

Lots of discussion around Thon Maker's age. I went to the same school as a Thon Maker here in Perth, I was a few years above him but when I knew him he would've graduated in 2010, certainly not be 18-19 like he says he is. Almost certain it's the same guy as I have his cousin on Facebook and she is posting photos saying how proud they all are. Their whole family went to my school. Either way awesome that my little school got someone in the NBA, even if we had nothing at all to do with his development.

BrowningNagle and NYJalltheway like this.
  5. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Well he's good around the rim, but he's nowhere near explosive enough (or strong enough at this point in his life although that could change), to be able to get to the cup consistently. Keep in mind that the paint will be packed knowing he has no outside shot.

I also think it's a lot harder to develop an outside shot than you think.

It's one thing if you take a say Lebron James with his freakish athletic ability and say he can't shoot because you damn well know he's going to find his way to the hole. Simmons doesn't remind me of that sort of player.

6. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Philly is still a year or two away, there is no rush to trade one of their bigs, certainly not for mediocre talent. There is some serious young talent on that team and still have two high lottery picks next season in what looks to be a better draft than this past one.

They are in better shape than most teams in the league and have rebuilt the correct way, unlike the Knicks.

BrowningNagle and Burnz like this.
  7. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

https://medium.com/sportspickle/rep...tball-and-not-injured-cb32f9f483f8#.a09pukb08

PHILADELPHIA  — After years of losing, the Philadelphia 76ers finally achieved the franchise goal of earning the No. 1 overall pick on Tuesday night in the NBA Draft lottery, the first time the Sixers have held the No. 1 slot since 1996. The change in fortune reportedly could be accompanied by a shift in draft approach, as well.

According to sources close to Sixers general manager Bryan Colangelo, the team has several good basketball players who don’t have serious injuries on their draft board.

“There is the usual mix of very tall guys, guys who aren’t good at basketball but could possibly be one day if everything goes well, guys who are one-dimensional, and guys with chronic and debilitating injuries,” said a front office insider. “But for the first time in a really long while, there has been legitimate discussion about selecting a good and healthy basketball player. Believe it or not, I think the odds are as high as 35 or even 40% that we do it.”

Another Sixers source has said there was even a front office meeting this week when someone came right out and said: “’Hey, what if we drafted a good player who could help this team win some games in the near future?’ The room was silent for a few moments, but after the shock was over, a few staffers actually seemed open to the concept. Before such talk was taboo.”

A front office source also confirmed that the team office received a FedEx package this morning containing a 38-page, handwritten letter from former GM Sam Hinkie urging the team to trade the No. 1 pick for several first round picks in the 2030s, when he projects an “influx of interesting Chinese projects will hit the NBA.”

“No one actually read the whole letter, of course,” said the source. “It got pretty weird and sad. There was a part five pages in about the statistical probabilities of chemtrails and I only assume it got worse from there.”

If the Sixers actually decide to take a good basketball player with the No. 1 pick, many analysts predict their win total next year could jump from 10 to as many as 16.

“Obviously it’s an exciting time for Sixers fans,” said Colangelo.

8. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

At first I was about to rip the article, cuz I only read the last line. Then I realized what it was and wow..Fucking hilarious haha.

9. Satan

Satan Well-Known Member

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/b...w/news-story/3cab9cfbe3b64e8a8c997b0f85a04b94

10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

And yet in 2012 there were videos of this "amazing" 8th grader named Thon Maker. :D A 20 year old playing against 14 year olds, he better have been amazing. He was probably old for your graduating class too. I wouldn't be surprised if he's approaching 30 years old!

11. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

The sad thing is that if you had posted this dated article before the draft, it would have been very believable

12. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Still waiting to hear what Aranmore Catholic College has to say.

13. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

OKC Thunder to pursue Al Horford along with Kevin Durant!

We are going all in!!!

14. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

A little sad as a Maryland resident that Durant isn't even going to have a meeting with the Wizards. At least the radio shows had something to talk about.

15. hastygreen

hastygreen Well-Known Member

Ah, this guy. I saw some video a while back with the high school coach talking about him and showing him working out and what not. One look at the guy and it's almost a certainty the guy is older than what he's claiming. I mean, ok, some kids skew towards looking somewhat older than their age but, cmon, this cat looks older than I do.

#1155 hastygreen, Jun 30, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
  16. GordonGecko

17. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

Durant will not meet with the Lakers. Oh well. I still think he's going to the Warriors or the Spurs. I should bet both to be honest but everyone I know is telling me not to bet the Spurs future.

Bovada odds from today:

OKC 1/6
    Warriors 4/1
    Heat 12/1
    Knicks 14/1
    Spurs 16/1
    Celtics 20/1
    Clippers 50/1
    Lakers 66/1
    Wizards 100/1

Damn I really like both bets. I will get drunk tonight and log into Bovada and bet it I'm sure.

Also Hassan Whiteside has narrowed his list down to Miami, Dallas, and Portland. Good riddance Whiteside, I didn't want the Lakers to pay your overrated ass anyway.

18. GordonGecko

What are you smoking, he't not leaving OKC - it would cost him tens and tens of millions in contract value. IF he leaves, it'll be next year so he can at least get the extra max this year in OKC

19. Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous Well-Known Member

Knicks are going for the 2011 title.

20. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Bird rights are only 1 extra year and a little more then max