The Jets are going to be 11-5

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KingRoach, Jun 1, 2016.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Definitely trying too hard. You reek of Barcs.

matt robinson 17 and Jets69 like this.
  2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Can I get a link or a reference point to where this was discussed? It sounds like a Stokes to Italy post I love reading in the offseason.

3. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

http://www.forums.theganggreen.com/posts/3452489/
    I believe this is what he's referencing although I don't remember him being part of the convo.

4. KingRoach

You seemed impressed with his post so I gotta ask you to explain it to me. I have to assume I'm the blind man but what's the sunset. Is he saying that's his posts aren't dim but are like a beautiful sunset?

5. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

As long as Geno isn't the starter we have a shot.

6. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Everyone keeps talking about the QB but the real X factor just may be STs, which is the main reason we did not make playoffs last year. Has it improved enough?

Walt White, HomeoftheJets and TNJet like this.
  7. zace

zace Well-Known Member

It was pretty atrocious last season.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

8. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Quigley left so it has to be 50% better.

9. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

What the hell, 19-0

10. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

U appear to already be high.

Pocket Jet likes this.
  11. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Getting back to this topic I think anything over 7 wins would be phenomenal esp. with the schedule we have.

12. KingRoach

Way to be 23hs late to the comment.

13. DefenseWinsChampionships

Regardless of who's under Center out of Geno/Fitzpatrick this team is pretty much fully loaded not only surrounding our QB position but also on the other side of the ball with a potentially top 3-5 defense.

So predicting and/or hoping for an 11~5/12-4 type of record isn't out of the realm of possibility and most definitely not being unrealistic. We won 10 games as a team last year under a new coaching staff/1st year head coach. So with added team experience under Bowels system' a 2-3 game improvement is definitely possible with the additions of Forte, a revamped group of younger LB's, better understanding of the X's & O's aspect etc.

But with all that said, it doesn't matter if you're talking about the Jets or any other 2016 team. If we're expecting or hopeful of an 11-5 or 12-4 type of team? It all boils down to our first 6 games.

vs Bengals.
    @ Buffalo.
    @ Kansas City.
    vs Seahawks.
    @ Pittsburgh.
    @ Arizona.

That's a brutal first 6 games. 4 road games against 3 tough opponents & 1 divisional rival in which swept us last year. To go along with only two home games both vs AFC/NFC Contenders.

The Jets would have to go no worse than 4-2 out of the gates in order to have a chance at finishing 7-3 during our final 10 games to finish 11-5. Or 8-2 to finish off 12-4 with a chance for the division/1st round bye.

Go worse than 4-2 during our 1st 6 games & chances are we'll be fighting for a wild card amongst 3-4 different teams.

Our final 10 games isn't exactly cake walk either. Not with the likes of a Brady led N.E team (2x), vs Ravens, vs Rams, vs Colts & closing out vs Buffao.

Only thing good about those 6 games, are that 5 of them are at home. So going 4-2 during that 6 game span could put us at 8-4 after a 4-2 start with 4 games remaining. 2 gm sweep of Miami and wins @ Browns & @ San Fran are 4 must win games if we're talking about a chance at 12-4 or 11-5.

Those first 6-7 games though. That'll be the momentum decider from 1 of 3 things. Slim chance of playoffs. Division title/wild card fight. Those 6 games are seriously no joke with 4 being on the road.

NYJetsO12 and LIJetsFan like this.
  14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

There has to be something more productive and creative you can do when you're stoned. These posts are repetitive and utterly without substance.

15. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

But it's nice having the schedule and what teams are in what conferences and whether the games are home or away and hoped for results laid out for us ad nauseum.

_

16. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Are we certain this guy is Phil E. Stax?

17. Truth4U2

Truth4U2 Well-Known Member

+1

Don't let the manic depressives get you down man, you are absolutely right, we have a realistic chance to have a very good year. All the things you mentioned are right on target: excellent defense, Brandon Marshall, Eric Decker, Matt Forte, a good enough O-line .... all we need is FitzMagic back under center and we're good to go! .... how easily fans forget he was being called "FitzMagic" for most of last year, after faltering predictably in Rex's Revenge Bowls...

...Fitz is not a star, but he is a good enough veteran starting QB to lead a team that is otherwise absolutely ready to contend, any realistic, unbiased assessment of the roster, as you pointed out, shows that we have some massive strengths in key areas and no glaring weaknesses. :)

18. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Time moves slow when your stoned...

19. Truth4U2

Truth4U2 Well-Known Member

Sorry I just saw this thread, I'm kind of busy.

...btw did you just create a phony King Roach comment? ... and I think you mean 23 hours (23 hrs) not 23 "high school" (23hs). lol

#59 Truth4U2, Jun 3, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
  20. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

He hasn't responded to one post about his rapping, Grams or his beast girlfriend. If it wasn't him, he would have at least been curious enough to question at least one time on one of those posts.
    Add to that the enormous amounts of useless information in his posts which is a telltale sign of a tampabayjetsfan/phillystackz/#1Jetsfan post.
    I would say there is a 98% probability it is him.