What if Fitz doesn't come back?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KingRoach, May 31, 2016.

?

what if Fitz doesn't come back?

1. Geno is going to impress the $h*t of some people

23 vote(s)
    23.5%
  2. Geno and a 2nd for Bradford with a $13M due this year and $7 next w/no dead money

8 vote(s)
    8.2%
  3. We move on and play 2016 with whomever wins the job in TC

67 vote(s)
    68.4%
  1. NYJets17

NYJets17 Well-Known Member

Even if SOMEHOW Fitz has another season like he did last year (even though it really wasnt that good) if we didnt make the playoffs with that schedule last year, I have very little faith we can this year. So why not have Geno out there and not overpay for someone who is going to give the same result? Geno has already proven he can get us a top 6 draft pick so lets see if he can get to the 2-4 range and get Watson :D

LAJet likes this.
  2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

What if fitz resigns and returns to being the old fitz? To me that is worse case scenario this season

3. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Bradford would only be $1m/yr more a year than we're offering Fitz (based on 2 years)

4. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

For that price I want the QB to stay on the field. Bradford is always getting hurt.

5. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

What is this crap about tanking for Watson? First even with Geno our defense won't let us be bad enough. And second in a year from now Watson may not even be considered a first rounder let alone a top overall pick. Remember Matt Barkley?

LIJetsFan likes this.
  6. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

I think we should just cancel the season if Fitz magic doesn't cone back, clearly we have no shot of making it to the playoffs without him, oh wait....

BTW thanks for making yet another redundant Fitzpatrick thread, there clearly isn't enough.

RexontheBeach likes this.
  7. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

I'm warming to the prospect of Fitz being gone. He played inspired football last year, but it seems that inspiration was fueled largely by his desire to get paid, and it didn't even get us in the playoffs. Sadly, I don't think it gets any better than that and he is not a long term solution. We also don't have the cap space to sign him without weakening the roster elsewhere. Bradford is not a franchise QB and I don't think it is worth paying him or trading potential assets to get more mediocrity.

If Fitz is out of the picture, we have three potential starters on the roster (two of whom were high draft picks). I know the Geno sucks crowd will jump on me for saying this, but I would expect Geno to win the job because of his experience. It's a now or never season for him as he is not under contract beyond this year. I would expect Geno to play well and be a model citizen and teammate as he has every motivation ($) to do so. If he can't get it done in a contract year in Gailey's system with Marshall, Decker, Forte, and Powell, then he has no chance in this league. A lot of people have made up their minds about Geno, but I'm willing to see if he has learned from his mistakes and can succeed. If he sucks, we have Petty and Hack to fall back on.

NCJetsfan, tomdeb, RuJFan and 2 others like this.
  8. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

They should pull the offer off the table or decrease it weekly.

Leicester Jet, NCJetsfan and tomdeb like this.
  9. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Let me guess. Your progressive girlfriend was reading through your post history while she watched you fucking another girl, and when you were finished told you this was such a brilliant post that your genius shouldn't be muddled within the existing Fitz thread where these very things are already being discussed and it deserves its own thread. Possibly suggesting you deserved your own forum as well.

Or you're just so pathetic you don't even realize there is nothing interesting in your question that warrants its own thread and hasn't been covered elsewhere.

10. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Somebody needed to say it.

_

RexontheBeach likes this.
  11. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Ouch.

That's a little rough.

And wierd.

dogg likes this.
  12. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

There's more at stake then just "take your lumps with Petty".

Players have incentives. In most cases, and bad QB will prevent them from reaching those incentives. Then you have unhappy players. Then you lose your locker room. Then what?

Not to mention the experience that offensive players get is with a QB who shouldn't even be on the field. Bad for development. Bad for the team.

Geno could become valuable if he can eek out an average season. He might even become a viable backup option for the team that drafted him. Petty doesn't even understand NFL defenses yet.

13. KingRoach

Eh. It wasn't really clever enough to be rough (like the same conversations are done to death) but yes @JetBlue is a strange strange person.

Seriously, if anyone wants to look into the mind of the truly deranged read some of his old posts. It's an interesting mix between so stupid it's scary and so deranged it's funny. Maybe I'll start another "worthless" thread. Stupid shit that @JetBlue has said.

#33 KingRoach, Jun 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
    dogg likes this.
  14. KingRoach

2 posts on a thread that doesn't interest you. Kinda reminds me of the time you sounded like a raving lunatic talking about Jaylon Smith's knee.

dogg likes this.
  15. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

16. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Wow. I don't even remember that.

Yet you did.

Are you Roger Vick?

_

Jets69 likes this.
  17. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

if i make a trade it is independant of fitz. fitz not being here wouldnt make me look for someone via trade. if there is a deal for a qb that makes sense LONG TERM i do it. if not i dont. This team is not a contender. If fitz isnt back we can use it to evaluate the young qbs on the roster. 1 last shot for geno and maybe the last 4-8 games we get a look at what petty or hack can do.

im 10000000% not giving up draft picks for a flyer on a qb. 3rd or 4th for bradford no way.

NCJetsfan and Red Menace like this.
  18. KingRoach

Assuming you mean the former Jets running back, I can neither confirm nor deny my identity.

19. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

We definitely don't fucking go 11-5.

20. socaljetfan

socaljetfan Active Member

I would expect Geno to have a much higher completion percentage than Fitz had. Geno had a higher completion percentage than Fitz without Marshall and Decker being hobbled most of the year. He's a much more accurate QB and better at making reads than Fitz is, and he did that with a joke of a coaching staff against a tougher defensive schedule.

Since his completion percentage is very likely to be higher and our run game likely to be worse without Ivory, along with Forte being an elite pass catching RB, I don't see how Geno has less yards than Fitz even if you add Geno's Oakland stats from last year into the mix.