The Jets are going to be 11-5

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KingRoach, Jun 1, 2016.

1. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

I'm an angry man that has gotten too old to throw punches in bars so yelling at people on the Internet is my only joy.

2. jetlife21

jetlife21 Well-Known Member

Gase was a solid hire but there's no guarantees he saves his career Tannehill is likely to stay a below average QB like he has been his whole career. Not turning this into a Fitzpatrick thread but you must be high if you think we can go 11-5 with GeNO.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Always a sucker for optimism as far as this franchise goes

IMO we ARE improved and loaded to win on both sides of the properly inflated ball

Nonetheless THE most important skill position can only be handed to .....who do u think lol

4. KingRoach

I absolutely think 11-5 with Geno and unfortunately I am not high. That being said if anyone in the city wants to smoke me out, I'd really like to be high right now.

All Gas No Shake and jetlife21 like this.
  5. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Lol your username is KingRoach.

6. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

People love to underrate players when they don't play at a Brady/Brees/prime Peyton type of level. Tannehill is far from a top quarterback, but the guy threw for 4,208 yards with 24TD/12 INT at 61.9% completion percentage and completes 60% of his passes for his career. I don't like him as my own quarterback as much as the next guy but he's puts forth an equal if not better season than Fitzpatrick did last year on this Jets team.

His improvement from year 1 to 2 was meh and on par with Sanchez (on a much worse team), but he's turned himself into a quality NFL starter. I'm glad Tannenbaum decided to destroy the Dolphins cap situation but Tannehill is a solid NFL starting quarterback that in the right situation could potentially lead a team to a deep playoff run if things break right.

It's funny because when players don't produce playoff success they're always vastly underrated. People will most likely always remember Rivers as they remember Dan Fouts (ironically from the same franchise). Good but not "great," yet you can probably easily make the argument that Rivers has been a top 6-7 quarterback in the league every year outside of his first couple seasons. Sadly, 20 years from now, those whom never saw him play might just look at him as just another guy who wasn't Brady/Brees/Rogers/Manning & Roethlisberger.

Funny thing is, he's probably outperformed Eli in almost every season of his career, yet Eli will be remembered as greater because of the two Superbowl runs wirh one of the most dominating playoff pass rushes in NFL history.

/End rant I suppose. Some people just don't really appreciate how good some of these guys really are.

Bellys Lies and HomeoftheJets like this.
  7. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

How do you find the time to not only have so many stupid thoughts but type out those stupid thoughts when your girlfriend is constantly ushering in other women for you to have sex with to prove how modern and progressive she is?

BrowningNagle likes this.
  8. KingRoach

Girls under 30 don't need to prove how progressive they are just like you don't have to keep proving how dim you are.

9. Jonathan_Vilma

So much for a football talk thread.

In any case..

[​IMG]

NYJetsO12 and Truth4U2 like this.
  10. jetlife21

jetlife21 Well-Known Member

idk man numbers are a little better than I thought off the top of my head but I've never thought of him as a top half of the league QB. We've crushed him over the years and he almost lost his job after the London game. Comparing him to Fouts or Rivers is beyond generous imo. '
    People are quick to discredit Eli's 2 SBs due to high turnover rate when the guy has thrown 294 TDs to 199 interceptions but 50 years later we're still blowing Namath from behind for one SB with far worse numbers and a TD/Int ratio of 170 tds and 220 ints. Eli is a hall of famer.

11. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I'll say this: (With Fitzpatrick) There is no reason the Jets can't win any of the games on their schedule. Some are tough, no doubt, but they should have a good chance in them all.

NYJetsO12 and TNJet like this.
  12. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

And now it officially becomes a Fitzpatrick thread, thanks dark knight

TNJet and The Dark Knight like this.
  13. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

People don't realize we had a top 10 defense and top 15 offense last year.We will def be in the mix more then people realize....I feel like when critics think of the Jets they still think its the Rex Ryan Jets teams.....The stink he left hasn't washed off yet.Todd Bowles went 10-6 in his first year as head coach....

14. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

The blind man telling everyone else there's nothing to see as they enjoy the sunset.

15. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Does this include Sam Bradford as QB?

Dude, stop trying so hard.

Let it flow naturally. Maybe get on the pot and mellow out.

_

Jets69 likes this.
  16. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Ouch.

_

17. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

With Fitz....indubitably

With Geno....Nah

No, I am not high

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  18. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

we had a strong front 7 and that same hall of fame CB last year. our line is not strong. it may have gone backwards depending how guys return from injury. we also had a career year from fitz and a cup cake schedule. and still managed to fall short of 11 wins and the playoffs. none of what you mentioned are reasons why we would get to 11 this year

1) we arent the steelers
    2) our tough schedule is more the lack of time between games(we are F'd in december) then it is opponents W/L

19. Jonathan_Vilma

I wasn't comparing Tannehill to either. I was just making the statement that because these players aren't elite, that doesn't mean they're necessarily garbage. I guarantee no one will ever talk about Rivers in the same light they talk about Eli Manning. Similar to how Fouts is never talked about, yet everyone gushes over Troy Aikman despite throwing nearly a hundred less touchdowns in his career and over 10,000 less yards.

Tannehill's story is yet to really be written. If he can't figure out how to hit streaking receivers down the field, he's in deep trouble. He's progressed pretty well considering the circus he's had to deal with in his young career.

20. KingRoach

We have two 6 day turn around with a trip to the west coast in between.... Luckily were playing Colts (crap), Niners (crap) and the Fins (crap)...

I guess if I want to talk shit about the Colts et al I'll have to go to their message boards. Do you think their fans hate their team as much as you guys hate the Jets?