The Jets are going to be 11-5

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KingRoach, Jun 1, 2016.

1. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

I decided to start a thread for positive Jets fans.

We have a strong front 7, a future hall of fame cb, a young ever improving safety, a top receiving duo, a hall of fame running back, a very strong 1/2 ol.

Hard schedule? Look up what the Steelers record was against their tough schedule.

This thread is intended to praise the Jets and talk shit and point out weaknesses of other teams. There are plenty of other threads you can bash the Jets; this one is meant for positive fans.

2. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

This is the unbridled optimism thread and you have us going 11-5? That's sad man. Pats fans consider 11-5 a down year. You should've said something more like 13-3.

#2 HomeoftheJets, Jun 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
    themorey, Pocket Jet and NYJetsO12 like this.
  3. Ohnoit'sGeno

Ohnoit'sGeno Active Member

Okay if you're going to dream , dream big 16-0 .

ajax, Cman68, Jets69 and 1 other person like this.
  4. KingRoach

You say unbridled, I say realistically optamistic.

Truth4U2 likes this.
  5. ChrebetCrunch

ChrebetCrunch Well-Known Member

We might win 11 games if we go 4-0 in the pre-season.

greaser, ajax, Cman68 and 7 others like this.
  6. KingRoach

The AFC North:

Cinci lost their number 2 and 3 receivers from last year along with their OC. A starting LB will probably be suspended week 1 and I doubt their TE will be 100% by then.

Steelers strong points are also our strong points. They have a top wr that will be covered by out hof cb and hopefully over the top as well (if TB learned from last year against the Bills). They got an all pro rb but we're strong against the run. The Steelers gave up a ton in the air last year and we have a top teir receiving duo.

The Ravens were oft injured last year but that doesn't change all the holes they have. They just lost a top ol (replaced in the draft) and their receivers are either old or unproven. Aren't they the team that brought in Trent Richardson? You can't be ok at rb if you're bringing in that bust. They're going to be better than last year but they're still not a team I'm scared of.

Cleveland....

They say when a team signs a fa it doesn't necessarily improve a team right away (see Miami last year or phill's "dream team" from a few years ago). A football team has to gel together. The Jets have a year playing together and TB has a year coaching under his belt. Based on that alone, we're a better team than last year.

7. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Is this another Fitz thread?

Jets69 and KingRoach like this.
  8. RexontheBeach

RexontheBeach Well-Known Member

What'd the steelers do last year? Had we won the buffalo game/bengals don't have a meltdown with 2 min left, we would be in their place, beaten by the lions.

9. RexontheBeach

Also, you forgot to point out that the Bengals,Steelers, and Ravens have a franchise QB.

10. KingRoach

So do the jags, Titans, Saints, Falcons, Colts, lions, Bears (kinda), Dolphins, Giants, Cowboys, Redskins and chargers.

Is your point that all it takes is a franchise qb to be a good team or that a team without a franchise qb can't do any damage? My list argues against the former and the Broncos' Super Bowl win would disprove the latter.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  11. KingRoach

My point about the Steelers is that they were something like 2-5 against playoff teams last year. Not really sure how the Lions came up

12. RexontheBeach

My point is that you bring up us/steelers against a 'hard schedule'. How about you list the playoff teams and their qb's? Sans Huston, who kicked our ass during the regular season.

If you compare Peyton/Brock and company to Fitz and Jets company then you should watch more football. That defense is leaps and bounds above the Jets. And their offense is arguably better, too.

13. jetlife21

jetlife21 Well-Known Member

Ryan Tannehill franchise QB? lmfao Adam Gase might be the only person who can save his career but no way in hell Dolphins should be on that list.

MoWilkBeast and NYJetsO12 like this.
  14. KingRoach

Making any list of teams with/without a franchise qb is going to be lopsided. How many teams don't have a qb that they don't consider franchise? 3 or 4 maybe.

If you think the Denver D was "leaps and bounds" above ours then you are delusional and exactly the type of person this thread is not intended for. There's lots of other threads out there you can bash the Jets on; the message board is full of them.

Edit. I guess if we were #3 we'd be leaps behind and if we were #2 we'd be bounds behind. Since we were #4 its leaps and bounds behind #1.

15. KingRoach

Way to add to the conversation. Feel free to take Dolphins and Bears off the list as you go over and over it again and again in your mind.

Btw. Interesting how the only guy who could save his career is also his head coach. Kinda weird that you shit on your own pov.

16. RexontheBeach

If we had a Palmer, Brees, Berger, Brady we would be contenders. Yes, Denver's D was way ahead of ours. They had a phenomenal pass rush to go along with a line that was just as good as ours. They also have two solid corners rather than an aging overpaid vet (revis) and turd (cro). Crunch the numbers how you want roach, there's a reason why they won the superbowl and why we didn't make the playoffs.

17. KingRoach

Cousins, Brady, Mariota, Bortles, Eli. Oh my bad I accidentally did a list of the franchise QBs we beat last year. Here let me make a list of franchise qbs that beat us last year. Carr and Brady

18. KingRoach

There's room between better and leaps and bounds better. Yeah their d was better than ours last year... But our 2016 D is better than it was last year too.... If we had any of the qbs you listed we'd be favorites.

19. RexontheBeach

I agree with that. Sucks that football has 3 phases, and any weak one will fuck everything up. Our D was strong, but not strong enough to cover Fitz like Denver did Brock/manning

20. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I applaud the effort. I dislike the seemingly shocking nature of your responses to the negative responses. Nice to see we're all (especially you Roach) talking football.

So here's my non football post to counterbalance it. Cheers.