Resigning Fitz

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Thewatchfuleye, Feb 9, 2016.

1. NYJets17

NYJets17 Well-Known Member

Thats still not leverage because Fitzpatrick has had the same post season success as the 3 of them. So until Fitzpatrick can prove he is a QB that can get a team to the playoffs, he aint shit

2. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

So everyone that disagrees with you Is a clown or foolish.....ok

3. matt robinson 17

Name a better one.....o_Oo_Oo_O

4. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I like Fitz,,he had a great year but the 3 games I mentioned give me pause and say screw it give Mo his money not a weak armed QB. He played bad in all 3 games and if you think the last game against Buffalo was Rex s Super Bowl all I can say is that was Fitzs and our chance for a Super Bowl and Fitz shit the bed! Also Rex's team was bickering that week and had zero to play for the Jets should have punched the Bills in the face from the coin toss on and never looked back ,especially for what was at stake ! instead we kept them in the game and came out soft and bye bye playoffs . I say Pay Mo and move on from Fitz I don't even care if They sign someone or let Champ play QB,,,,playoffs won't matter if Fitz is the QB as he had his shot at making me a believer last year and lost me with this 3 games ! Sorry guys ,,,move on is my opinion

5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

6. matt robinson 17

I agree CBG

7. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

I just feel like with Fitz here deep down it's not exciting because he has no future and I've seen enough to believe he's not good enough...so it's just treading water to me. I'm not interested in missing out on the playoffs but being competitive....I understand we can definitley fight for the playoffs with Fitz but I want more than that

Atleast with the young guys there is untapped potential and they are all physically real NFL starting QBs...I fully understand that they could all be worse options in 2016 but I'm fine with that as Fitz to me is a sure lock not good enough with nothing worthwhile to gain

if you really think we can go all the way with Fitz under center then I understand why you would want him but I just don't think so

Save the money and give it to Mo or even roll it over to sign a good free agent next season

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  8. jetlife21

jetlife21 Well-Known Member

To act like Fitz luck balled into a miracle year is a clown or foolish. We brought in the perfect QB to play in our system and he responded with 3900 yards and 31 tds but lets run him out of town because he sucks according to you guys. In reality we were able to take our offense to new levels because of the stability he brought to the position. Marshall and Decker no doubt help but I see us with a chance of being a top 10 offense with him next year, bottom 5-10 without.

TNJet likes this.
  9. Truth4U2

Truth4U2 Well-Known Member

You could be right, but remember Geno did his share of choking, or at least he had his share of boneheaded plays as well when he started. The way I see it, with our excellent roster across the board, we are only a solid, average veteran QB away from being a SB contender. We just need a Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson type (recall they won SBs with the Ravens and Bucs, 2 defensive dominated teams with solid offensive pieces around them). In fact, we have better WR's than that Ravens team had, and a better RB than that Bucs team had (maybe better receivers too; outside of Keyshawn, I can't remember who else they had)

So the question then becomes, could Geno play as well as Fitz, or at least close enough to steer the ship? Maybe, but should we take that chance?

10. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Geno threw nearly twice as many INTs as TDs and had a passer rating of 66.5. That team went 8-8 out of sheer dumb luck. They were outscored by more than 6 points per game, good for 27th in the NFL. They just got some lucky breaks (Lavonte David's late hit, the NE penalty on Folk's OT FG miss, etc).

11. 74

74 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Fuck Fitz

12. matt robinson 17

Wheres the dislike button? Perfect, miracle, hahaha

#3212 matt robinson 17, May 28, 2016
    Last edited: May 28, 2016
  13. jetlife21

Yeah that's smart let's start Geno...smh
    Fitzpatrick is the only QB available who has any right starting next season and I like Geno. The deal is going to get done because Mac and Bowles will lose their job security if they allow Geno to start and put up a 4-12,5-11, 6-10 season. One more bad year after that they both might get canned.
    Fitz isn't a long term guy but the best type of band-aid you can get at the position to stay playoff relevant, especially next year with the Brady suspension, while still being able to groom younger QBs for the future and plug them in when they're finally ready.

14. jetlife21

You must miss Geno or something. Do me a favor and gooogle his stats and ask yourself if you're ok with that as your starting QB when we have a playoff caliber defense.
    Geno is a defenses worst nightmare. All the turnovers and 3 and outs tire a defense out pretty quick.

15. Truth4U2

Truth4U2 Well-Known Member

I agree that we may not have to pay him much more than the current offer, since while he may have some leverage everyone knows he's not starting anywhere else, and from his latest comments it sounds like he really wants to play in 2016. Maybe he is close to signing after all, since he pretty much gave away his leverage when he said that; the only real leverage he had was if he was serious about holding out. He knows the Jets need him this year, and the Jets know he's not playing anywhere else (barring injury to some team's starting QB), so this deal should get done sooner or later. Fitz is probably dragging his feet to see if any team suffers a catastrophic QB injury in OTAs and maybe even this lingers into training camp for the same reason, but unless that kind of injury happens, he will eventually cave; once it gets to the point where holding out could hurt his 2016 season with the Jets, he'll sign. That's my prediction anyway.

But we can't afford to wait 2 years for a young QB to develop, because by then our super veteran nucleus will be too old. The window is now; Fitz and his agent know this, and Mac and Bowles know this.

16. matt robinson 17

Not a fan but Fitz wants too much

17. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Like it or not, he doesn't need to prove he can take a team to the playoffs, he only needs to prove he is better than the other choices. That has already happened.

18. King Koopa

He had some good games and some disasters when we lost but he was a rookie....I'm just saying the guy said Geno would barely get us to 6 wins this season and he's probably much better now than when he was a rookie when we won 8 games in a much worse situation...so that's not a fact

19. jetlife21

What would you do then? Trying to ruin Hack year 1? Start Geno or Bryce?

20. King Koopa

Who wants a damn band-aid at QB? You don't win it all with band-aids at QB so what is the point?

No team has ever stuck with Fitz as their QB because he's not good.....The Broncos chose Mark Sanchez over him and the Browns chose RG3 LOL