Resigning Fitz

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Thewatchfuleye, Feb 9, 2016.

1. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

CG can do nothing if the upstairs is emptier then your bathtub after letting the water out :mad:

donkey likes this.
  2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

What department do you work at? Public Relations? Strength Training? Perhaps the scouting department? ;)

To be honest, never was a fan of Geno, but I can't help but think there's some unfinished business here in terms of his development. I want to see him in this system with these weapons.

edray10 and FJF like this.
  3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I don't get what's so hard for Fitzpatrick to deal with at this point. He has one path to an NFL starting position next season and that's with the Jets. They're willing to give him a raise that basically more than doubles his 2015 salary. A 2 year deal with $8M guaranteed would double his net worth at this point.

Take the deal Ryan. You have a locker room that's behind you and the clock is running out on your career. Tick tock.

4. 101GangGreen101

5. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Haha I wish.. I would sweep the locker room if they let me.. But I feel like Geno is going to prove a lot of people wrong.. I'll be the first to give him the boot if he starts and is horrible the first 4 games.. But given these weapons and this simplified system that Gailey runs in addition to the year that he just sat........ Give him a shot. Can't hurt at this point. This may be our guy and we may no longer have to have these 150+ page QB threads in the offseason.

hornblower likes this.
  6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

we will always have 150+ page QB threads in the offseason. its the offseason man.

7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

CG can do nothing if the upstairs in emptier than a Scottish pay toilet.

8. Jay Bizniss

Not if we have a franchise guy.. I just want to go into an offseason with zero questions about who our QB is. Is that too much to ask?

9. Br4d

Even then, we had that situation with Mark Sanchez and Chad before him and both situations fell apart for different reasons.

I just want to go into an off-season with a young QB that every other team in the league would take as their starter without complaint. There are about a half dozen of those guys.

If Eli Manning was the Jets QB he'd be the most ragged on player in the NFL. Guaranteed.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  10. Jay Bizniss

Geno could be that guy. Stay tuned. Wishful thinking I know, but look at what Gailey did with Tyler Thigpen..

11. 101GangGreen101

You have to really wonder what his motivation is at this stage. He wants 1 more big pay day; it seems like chemistry, teammates and coaching staff has 0 influence on his decision. I don't want a QB on this roster whose only motivation is the next pay-day. He really should sign the deal, for 8M guaranteed, that's a lot more then Hoyer.

12. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

The beard protects Fitz's jaw. Geno should take note.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  13. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

If 8 million isn't enough now than I don't think Fitz is willing to settle for any less. His agent's hand so far up his ass that he won't reach out to the team. I think he would've come back by now now if he realized he was in the perfect situation. And from what Chan says now, Geno has made big enough strides. So let him play out the season and let Hackenberg take over next year. Worst of all we get a higher pock. Screw Fitz.

14. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

To all posters prepared to go into the season with Geno as the starter, remember that you are relinquishing the right to complain if the season falls apart.

15. Br4d

The last guy who was as universally derided as his team's starter who became great was Terry Bradshaw back in the early 70's. He would never have gotten the chance to recover under the current CBA. He'd have been out of Steeltown on a rail after his rookie deal. The Steelers owned his rights and didn't have to deal with a cap and so they could maintain his spot on the roster until he came through and by the by he did exactly that.

16. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Admit it. You only know what you read on the internet or hear on the tube. You actually have no idea whatsoever how near or far the Jets and Fitzpatrick are from coming to terms. You have no idea what moves the Jets are ready to make to enable a deal. Signing Hackenberg is not going to answer the question of who will be the Jets QB in 2016. I'd certainly be spending a lot of time in Vegas if I was as sure as you were about the outcome of future games.

17. skipper

skipper Member

Has anyone considered the possibility that the Jets and Fitz have come to an agreement but are waiting for Wilk to be traded (after he signs his option or whatever its called on July 15) so the Jets don't have to restructure so many contracts or cut more players to fit in under the cap? Fitz doesn't absolutely need the pre camp stuff, he knows the system well and it is better for the other QBs to get the reps. I have no inside knowledge, this is just a wild guess, but it does make some sense, if, and only if, the Jets are determined to move Wilk now while they can still get something for him if they can't sign him long term.

18. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

No, I don't think so.

19. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

To all posters decrying the end of the season if we go into the season with Geno as the starter, remember that you are relinquishing the right to cheer if the season turns amazing.

20. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

All the more reason to root for Geno start.

1. Geno can shut us all up.

2. Or we get a real high draft position.

Win-win either way.

Which is why you are not Ryan Fitzpatrick. [LOL]