It's Bryce Petty Time!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JStokes, Aug 11, 2015.

1. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

i mean taking anything in return is better than straight up cutting a player.. but what's geno's worth? lol we got Fitz for a 6th...

2. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

We are one QB away from a SB imo

Elite defense that just got better loaded backfield pro bowl receivers punter kicker prob solved

I say we hire a decent Vet and to h#ll with Fitzpatrick...Find someone grateful for a job please

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  3. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Nice punter problem for a change, 2 of them....and even better no Quigs....I agree with you about Fitz too

4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

So please name the "decent vet" capable of taking us to the super bowl that is still available.

Cman68 likes this.
  5. NotSatoshiNakamoto

[​IMG]

Jets69, RPOZ51, Dierking and 6 others like this.
  6. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

He's out there when I find him I'll let ya know Ahaha

7. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

there is nothing wrong with carrying four QBs

we carried 19 guards and tommy bohannan last year ... if one of them is gone we wont miss em

8. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

I was talking about trying to get Petty on the PS. He would never make it there and I wouldn't want the team to give him up that easy. Geno can get cut or whatever else they want and it would not bother me.

9. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

If Petty was ready we'd be hearing proactive talk about that from the coaches and the front office. We have NEVER had that happen. Only when questioned directly do we get anything from them about the guy and that is normally something mumbled like "we're happy with his progress" or "his learning our systems is coming along."

Believe me, if he was the real deal, you'd hear it loud and clear.

Has anybody seen anything in the last six months that would lead a rational person to believe that anyone within the Jets organization thinks highly of him?

JetLifeLo, Cman68 and Jetaho like this.
  10. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

There's a logical case to keep 4 QBs on the roster.

Fitzpatrick - Starter
    Geno - Backup / Insurance / Trade Bait (Unlikely)
    Petty - Developmental Project
    Hackenberg - Redshirt

This is a unique situation which won't exist next year. The Jets won't collapse because we carried an extra QB for one year.

FJF likes this.
  11. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Bowles doesn’t strike me as the type to provide unsolicited praise for his players. I don't think the fans have the slightest clue as to where he's at in his development.

we do know he was willing to start him for a game last year if he had to. that obviously doesn't mean he's ready but it's something. he said that when both fitz and geno were banged up

#931 NotSatoshiNakamoto, May 5, 2016
    Last edited: May 5, 2016
  12. BamaZeus

BamaZeus Member

[​IMG]
    It looks more like he's about to break his own jaw.

#932 BamaZeus, May 5, 2016
    Last edited: May 5, 2016
  13. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Agree. Mac and TB are exceptionally forthcoming in their approach and philosophy, and their actions live up to that.

They never divulge personnel info and particular outlooks or projections on players, negotiations, or team makeup. Just cliche's. They're extremely careful not to give out stuff that the media can make a story out of.

I like the way they're handling the media.

RuJFan and JetsVilma28 like this.
  14. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Yeah we also know that when Fitzpatrick had the hand injury they went to two games with only the injured Fitz in his mitten and Smith eligible to play. I took that as a vote of "no confidence" that Petty was capable as a second backup.

15. JetLifeLo

I'm sorry but cutting Geno is retarded. Fitz or no Fitz... he's the only one on the roster that knows the playbook and has game time experience. Some of you letting your hate for Geno get in the way of sensible logic. You cut Geno, have Fitz get hurt, or not resign... and the team is in way worse shape with two QB's that never played a lick of NFL football and aren't even ready. Stop kidding yourselves. Geno isn't going anywhere. Not this season.

Mac isn't going to trade for a QB just to ship out more picks for a player that probably won't even be better than Geno could be in our system, or be the same as.

Hold on one more season Geno HATERS

16. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Petty has been in the system the same duration as Smith. Why are you assuming he doesn't even know the play book?

17. JetLifeLo

I'm not assuming he doesn't know the playbook. I'm assuming the jets see him as a project that's far from ready. What good is knowing the playbook when you don't have the experience or a clue about a pro-style offense?

Don't get me wrong i love me some Bryce Petty and i hope him, Geno, and Hack all show that they can step in and ball out if needed. I'm just being realistic.

18. NotSatoshiNakamoto

sorry, I made the error of lazily reading your post and stopping before the "and has game experience".

I have no clue where petty is in his development but I'd be surprised if he didn't know more than "nothing" about a pro style offense at this point. surely he made some progression over the last year but we can't know to what degree. it just seems many are looking at him as a rookie still. he's not.

I'd be pretty surprised if Geno sticks after a fitz signing.

19. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I'm glad you're so adamant about re-signing Fitz. Because right now Geno is the only one who knows the playbook. So if he goes down we're screwed. Or are you a Fitz HATER?

20. JetLifeLo

Does my avi and sig come across as a guy who hates fitz? not really.. rebuddle and try again.