Rate The 2016 Draft

Discussion in 'Draft' started by NYJetsO12, Apr 30, 2016.

1. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

But how can you reach in the 7th round?

LIJetsFan likes this.
  2. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

I was gonna reply the same thing how can a 7th rounder be a reach ... some fans are just comical ... thanks for the morning laugh HA

Walt White likes this.
  3. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

You can always reach when a kid has major injuries. They most likely could've brought him in as an UDFA.

4. BroadwayAaron

You know that a 7th rounder has a non guaranteed contract, right? Virtually the same as UDFA. You're just drafting the guy because you want his rights and don't even want to give another team the opportunity to swoop in.

5. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

Dexter Mcdonut was a reach ...

LIJetsFan likes this.
  6. JetsNation06

And what team was going to swoop in and take him? You act like he was a hot commodity which his 7th round status clearly dictates he was not. Many more injury free guys still on the board who could've been taken ahead of him. He's a crap shoot either way.

7. BroadwayAaron

You're struggling VERY hard to find a reason to dislike a 7th round pick...

8. JetsNation06

You're acting like he was a solid pick. Bottom line is you have no idea and based on his injury history, I'd bet against him. Don't get your panties in a bunch over a 7th rounder.

9. BroadwayAaron

I mean you're calling a 7th round pick a reach. He was the 241st pick of 253 picks. It's just a silly statement, that's all, and seems like a desperate attempt to self-loathe.

10. JetsNation06

Dude, get over it. Reach or no reach, it's a high risk pick. Why the semantics?

11. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

I give it a C/C+ overall.

Aside from just the picks themselves.... there are reports the jets tried to trade up a few times and couldnt. to me that factors in. they had guys they identified a talent they wanted, and werent able to go get them.

I think we went need/fit over BPA in the first two rounds, which we really couldnt afford to do. that said, it isnt like we took some enormous scrubs. To me Lee wasnt close to BPA, but he isnt some guy who will be out of the NFL soon and can certainly be a long term NFL player. id have loved him in round 2. i though we could do alot better in round one with one of the wideouts or gaurds. but lee is a great fit, and i think he will be a fan favorite.

Hackenberg same thing. to me it screams need. take him in the 4th round or so and im ok with it. in round 2 give me a guy i can count on to be a stater here long term. this pick says alot about last years draft and their confidence in petty as well. too much talent still around to go in on another project player.

I like jenkins, peake, and shell. i think those are solid picks. i dont know much about burris so i cant really comment to him, but a big corner, im ok with it. love the punter picks. fuck quigley

12. BroadwayAaron

Now it's high risk? Good lord.

Moving on...

13. JetsNation06

LOL what a joker you are. Can't talk football so you have to resort to hanging on to some dumb argument.

Major injuries = high risk. Comprende ese?

14. BroadwayAaron

There is little to no risk in a 7th rounder. Ever. No player, no year, no team will ever take a risk in the 7th round.

I mean, this IS talking football. It just so happens to be a lesson in wording and common sense as well.

15. JetsNation06

Any time there is better valuable left on the board and you take a player with an injury history I consider that a risk regardless if he's taken in the last round or not. If you don't agree with that view, then that's your opinion.

16. rholt168

rholt168 Active Member

This place turns into literal AIDS with so much negativity. You can't judge a draft until 3-4 years later. You're fooling yourself if you think you can based on zero NFL experience.

Crying about a player in the 7th is also one of the dumbest things I've read on this board.

Walt White likes this.
  17. BroadwayAaron

It's just a very anal point of view that comes off a bit clumsy on paper.

18. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

you cant trade a future 4th round pick to move up into the 5th round to take a guy. under no circumstances can you do that. under no circumstances can you do that. you also cant draft a punter, i see absolutely no purpose for doing that in any round. its a waste.

you also dont need to draft a this could be a big win if he pans out guy in the second round every year. there is plenty of talent in the 2nd. enough fucking projects that may or may not, and more likely will not pan out.

to draft away future pick in round 4 to move up into round 5 makes this draft an f for me. f for fucking retarded.

19. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

I think you are missing the point. Using a 7th round pick on any player is almost definitively low risk - it's the last round of the NFL draft. As far as NFL drafts go, you can't possibly take any lower of a risk.

There's nothing wrong with not liking the pick, but claiming it was "high risk" just doesn't make any sense.

20. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Christian Westerman was still available. He could have started at guard now and replaced Mangold down the road.

Also we traded away the future.