Welcome to the Jets Christian Hackenberg

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The 1985er, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Since when have you had a problem with someone in a position of leadership coming from an organization notorious for child molestation?

RuJFan likes this.
  2. NotSatoshiNakamoto

It seems there are definitely some things to be excited about with Hack. Being able to command an NFL offense at a high level as a freshman is pretty damn impressive. His football IQ must be through the roof. That big arm will easily cut through the december winds whipping through metlife and the rest of the NE open stadiums and when his footwork is right he's pretty damn accurate. I understand the concerns with the regression in 2014 & 15 but it seems there are some pretty major factors involved that people are ignoring for whatever reason. The new coaches told him to flip his footwork? WTF???

The fact that he stuck with PSU when he could have taken the easy way out speaks highly to his character too. Big character, big brains, big arm, seems coachable.

This guy has all the tools a big time QB in the NE needs. Hopefully they can coach away the shit that happened in 2014 & 15. Nothing is a slam dunk, but damn, I'm excited to see how he grows.

NCJetsfan, RuJFan, Br4d and 4 others like this.
  3. MsuJets

MsuJets Active Member

Hahahahaha.

This kid is terrible. Blames his teammates and coaches too.... Another great QB pick for the Jets. They never learn.

BigSnacks54 likes this.
  4. Truth4U2

Truth4U2 Well-Known Member

propaganda much? ... let me guess, you must be a big Trump supporter also, and buy all his fictional "branding" rhetoric too? ("Lyin' Ted, Little Marco, Low energy Bush, etc etc etc ad nauseum.....all "true" because Trump has used his propaganda machine to fool the public, and the media runs with it...smh) Sheep. ... Please confine your propaganda to that other thread you've already polluted. This thread is supposed to be about football.

5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Fuck this fucking guy.

74 likes this.
  6. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

This is the clarity I am coming to as well after watching everything I can find re: Hackenberg.

He needs protection and good coaching and he should respond positively.

Not trilled about deferring production for 1-2 years though. But again, it depends on how quickly he responds to coaching the fundamentals, the mental stuff he should have no problem with.

Br4d likes this.
  7. cval

cval Well-Known Member

One to two years this guy starts day 1 if Fitz is not signed.

8. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

The truth hurts.

9. MsuJets

MsuJets Active Member

Penn State sucked because of Hackenberg. Guy blames his teammates and coaches too. I like PFF on the kid, "we wouldn't have him drafted in any of the 7 rounds."

10. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Not a fucking chance.

11. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I've seen suggestions that Hackenberg could start this year... I think THAT would be a disaster. With his negative techniques, the Jets need to redshirt this kid. This year needs to be a master's course in QB fundamentals. He should be deactivated every single week this season. If injuries become a problem, play Petty.

12. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Well no team in their right minds would ever listen to what those clowns at PFF have to say anyway. Honestly, I'm tired of those stupid fucks. they LOVED Manziel coming into the draft and he fuckin sucked. they dont know shit about QBs.

#712 BrowningNagle, Apr 30, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
    Freddy Mondo likes this.
  13. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

There's no way you actually believe the first sentence of this post. Then again you're quoting PFF as if their opinion hasn't been proven to be foolish over the last few years.

14. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I'm really rooting for this guy. Not only did he stick with Penn State after O'Brien left but he stuck with them after committing and then seeing them get wacked with sanctions. Most guys would've bailed, especially the number 1 pro style QB in the nation. Would've been easy for him to go to Alabama (who wanted him bad) and play with that college all star team and zillions of 1st round picks to make him look better. He wasn't afraid of a challenge, in fact, embraced it. I respect that. Thats what it takes to be successful as a New York QB after 1000s of failures.

I really hope the Jets do things right with him (for once). Groom him properly, pair him up with talent, give him time, etc. A pro-style QB who makes calls at the line entering the draft is extremely rare.

15. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

I trust Mac. Doesn't mean I'm gonna love every pick he makes.

16. MsuJets

MsuJets Active Member

Guy was a hack, no pun intended. The team was terrible, but lets not act like Hackenberg was this great savior. The guy constantly blamed his teammates, worst accuracy of a QB i've ever seen. Found new ways to lose games.

Garbage. Then again, the Jets only pick garbage QB's, so this works out.

17. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

This must be the Twilight Zone.

This move might eventually be the one to get Geno cut, so take solace in that.

If the Jets can shape up whatever him or his coaches fucked up, this could be a great pick.

I'm just gonna pretend they took Jenkins in the second and Hack in the third.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

18. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

We won't ever know of course, but you gotta agree that with Brady currently out for 4 games they would at least need a backup. Preferably one with potential to prepare for t*m's retirement.

19. Billsfan1212

Billsfan1212 Active Member

This is exactly why Im jealous you guys landed him. IMHO, IF he works out, you guys got a heck of a qb. As broken down on that video, what college qbs break down Ds like that at the line? The ability to engage in a mental battle at the line as diagnose what he is seeing just seems very impressive and not something seen much at that level. He has a rocket too!! I hope Fitz comes back to the Jets ( both as a Bills fan and for Hacks sake) bc if he can sit and learn and develop theres potential for great things and you guys may have just solved your qb delima. Im not defending him in his excuses, but I think if you kinda block out what the media says and just look at the potential and what issues he faced, I feel like hes got a great chance to be a winner.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  20. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The sanctions were clearly on the way when Hackenberg arrived at PSU. That still tells us something about him because he walked into the building knowing that there were going to be problems but he really wanted to play for Bill O'Brien and learn how to become a great QB and leader.

Having O'Brien walk out on him after one season must have been devastating. That's a betrayal that would cause anybody to reshuffle their options and move on. Hackenberg stayed through two bad seasons. He played the hand he was dealt and tried to make the best of it. The griping about the staff on the way out the door was the closest he came to missing the mark, despite all the incompletions in the two seasons.

I'm with you. I'm excited to see what he has and I hope the Jets reclamation project works for once.

joe, NCJetsfan and matt robinson 17 like this.