Welcome to the Jets Christian Hackenberg

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The 1985er, Apr 29, 2016.

1. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Who says Geno's going to be on the roster? :)

2. BigSnacks54

BigSnacks54 Well-Known Member

He might just be a terrible Quarterback at evaluting Quarterbacks(still reamiins to be seen). And while I like many of his moves, I'm not all in on Mac yet. I've seen this stoy with multiple GMS during the honeymoon period. It wasn't too long ago when posters here were praising Idzik for his 2014 draft and discipline. We'll see, but I like the overall idea of adding speed with Lee and Jenkins. If Hackenberg doesn't show any progress, he'll still have a shot at a QB next season, I guess.

3. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

This is the same as the Geno pick. This is this organization taking their shot. Let's hope they handle it better and are able to recognize and accept early if it doesn't work.

4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Call me what you will.

As I said, I'm not thrilled with the pick. I was against taking him. I said as much in a thread last night about who I would like the Jets to take today. I said NO to Hack, but that's based on my limited knowledge of having seen him play, not knowing how much talent he really has, how smart he is regarding the game and playing QB, etc. I TRUST Mac's judgement. I think that he's done a very good, if not great job so far, and if thinks that Hack is that good a prospect, then I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt until he proves me wrong.

Hack was not terrible his freshman year. In fact, he was thought of as a future star. The last two years have been awful, but he has played under 3 different OCs, been taught different footwork, had no blocking and offenses the last two years for which he was not a good fit. Those are good, rational reasons why he didn't play well, and not lame excuses.

You shoot your mouth off like you're some kind of expert, when you don't know jack shit, and you talk about no substance from me? ROFLMFAO!!!!

5. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

Maybe. Only difference is Geno was coming in with a legit shot to be the starter from the beginning. Hackenberg has zero shot at that, nor should he.

And I think thats another reason why so many people dont like it.

Geno was also a much superior college QB

6. almbleamal

almbleamal Member

Macc simply just really likes the kid. Charlie Campbell was reporting it since ever:

(http://www.walterfootball.com/draftday/liveanalysis/charlie-nfl-2016?ddl)

He mentioned it even in his scouting report:
    (http://www.walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2016chackenberg.php)

Let's just hope Maccagnan is right on this one...

7. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Wow! Is the kid your nephew or something?

8. ctjetsguy

ctjetsguy Active Member

My point is that it does and has happened; there have been 55 QBs drafted in the last five drafts alone. By definition there can only be a handful of star QBs, 16 above average QBs, etc. It is difficult to find a quality starting quarterback anywhere on the board. Again, I'm not saying Hackenberg will be a stud or that I even liked the pick, but I'm giving our regime the benefit of the doubt and hoping for the best. Maybe he's one of those one in a million types; maybe not. Time will tell

9. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

10. ctjetsguy

ctjetsguy Active Member

My point is that it does and has happened; there have been 55 QBs drafted in the last five drafts alone. By definition there can only be a handful of star QBs, 16 average QBs, etc. It is difficult to find a quality starting quarterback anywhere on the board. Again, I'm not saying Hackenberg will be a stud or that I even liked the pick, but I'm giving our regime the benefit of the doubt and hoping for the best. Maybe he's one of those one in a million types; maybe not. Time will tell

11. NCJetsfan

That would mean that those posters actually have to be true Jets fans, have some humility, and not be know-it-all asshats. The problem is that many posters on this and other fan sites don't fit that description. They aren't man enough to admit when they're wrong. They're impatient. They'd rather be right, than be wrong and see the team succeed. They try to impress others with all they know, when most don't know any more than any other poster, and don't know a fraction of what actual NFL GMs or personnel people do.

12. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Then again you might be too. Your boy Cook is still not drafted, and there's plenty of guys taken before him now.

13. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Watched every snap Hack ever took at Penn State, his potential is Andrew Luck, any evaluation of him is tempered by running for his life on every fuckin pass attempt and poor coaching, he is a fuckin Jet let's all root for him!

Poeman, hwismer, Br4d and 2 others like this.
  14. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

When gm's are right no one notices.

15. Terminated117

Terminated117 Active Member

Doesn't seem like he's any better or worse than the QB's we already have right now...Fitzpatrick pending of course

16. NCJetsfan

Because now he has to eat a football and then shit it out his ass. LOL

17. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I don't believe on limiting players before they touch a NFL field. Let's them play and see if he deserves to start or not.

18. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

I'll go on record saying that I really like this kid. He's very very smart, has all the tools and took a monstrous beating at PSU behind one of the worst offensive lines I've ever seen, never complained, could have transferred to another school, but didn't.

Give the guy a chance before you rule him a bust, he hasn't played a down yet, and probably won't for at least a year or two.

NCJetsfan and matt robinson 17 like this.
  19. BigSnacks54

BigSnacks54 Well-Known Member

How ironic. You are truly a dolt. The same guy who after watching one game of Wentz said he was a superstar. The same guy who wrote off Goff after one game. The same guy who said he was completely sold on Geno two summers ago, and was praising Idzik. There's nothing to be said here- you no absoultely nothing about the game and you're also apompous , jerk. And when individuals call you on your BS, you call foul play or give a phony apology. Get back to me when you take the green colored glasses off, and can actlualy be objective. GM's are capable of being critcized, so you can trust Mac's judgement which is fine, but I can also say he made a terrible decision. Hackenberg's played like crap for two seasons and can't even crack 55% in college, but I'm supposed to believe he's our saviour? Watch Hackenberg and make a judgement yourself. The "experts" are wrong most of the time on Quarterback. The Jets could have taken a kicker in round1 and you'd still be singing their praises.

20. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

Still plenty to sort out at the QB spot before it comes to that.

If Fitz isnt in the fold then it might be a true competition , even with the odds way stacked against Hackenberg. If Fitz signs it probably just means Geno is getting the boot.