Welcome to the Jets Christian Hackenberg

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The 1985er, Apr 29, 2016.

1. JetsfanHBca

JetsfanHBca Active Member

I guess you draft one every year until you find one. Not thrilled with the pick at all. I had 5 guys written down and all 5 went in the next 6 picks after the jets.n We should have traded down but atleast it wasn't Cook. Horrible value could have been had later. Not happy

2. jetfannerd

jetfannerd Trolls

Pettys going to get cut after Geno beats him out for the #2 QB.

3. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

Good video, Gruden loves this kid (cue Gruden loves everyone)

4. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

You can't honestly like the Hackenberg pick?

5. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The argument for taking him in round 2 at the 51 was the Jets thought somebody else (Bill Belichik?) would take him if they left him out there. Go look at how Hackenberg was operating at Penn State with no OL to speak of. He looked like a poor man's Tom Brady. Bill O'Brien was the guy who recruited him to PSU and then left after one season. When he was playing for the guy who recruited him he looked like a high 1st round pick. When he was playing for the guy who brought in the pistol he looked like he didn't have the same concentration and fundamentals.

I'd rather the Jets took a chance on a guy like this than a guy like Lynch, who would have been much more expensive to acquire and who has never run a huddle in his life. This guy knows how to play QB. Whether he can do it well enough to make that matter isn't clear but when was the last time the Jets had a guy who actually knew how to run a huddle and call protections coming in the door? Go look at the various critiques of Hackenberg. Even the ones who think he's not good enough go out of their way to praise the way he approaches the line of scrimmage and lining people up and ID'ing blitzes and the like.

The Jets last 4 or 5 drafts have all been guys who either had only a season in college or played out of a spread and the gun almost all the time. This guy will actually understand the Jet's offense and the terminology and the X's and O's on the way in the door. That's a huge improvement over the status quo, Even Kellen Clemens was out of the Ducks offense, which is a modified spread.

legler82, NCJetsfan, PulseJet and 6 others like this.
  6. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

he is still correct... penn state had more talent then temple and northwestern.

7. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

My brother and I were literally watching hoping ANYONE would take this bum so the jets wouldn't .....AND OF FUCKING COURSE they disappoint yet again.

Waste of a second round pick

8. I hate Revis

I hate Revis Member

Best way to put this is this kid was the number 1 high school QB prospect who is a Pennsylvania product and plays for Penn St. So my question why don't the Eagles who gave up the farm to move up select him. I know why? Because he is not good.

9. zace

zace Well-Known Member

You obviously didnt watch temple. They were damn good. Its amazing you say all these teams, but you ignore the simple fact thay umm i dunno penn st wasnt better than those teams. Keep putting it all on the qb tho.

You might not like the pick, but the fact remains, he was the best qb left, he wasn't making it out of the second round and even if he did, he wasn't making it past dallas. He can sit learn and work on his game. So it doesnt really matter how any of us feel does it?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

10. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

why can't he? is there a rule that jet fans are supposed to hate every pick like the fucking morons everyone thinks we are?

11. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I swear guys...

I think loves his mentality which is huge in NY...he needs to get his mechanics right but man he is built like a QB.

I'll pray him or Petty become the chosen one

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  12. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Like this pick kid has unlimited potential, 6'4", has a howitzer, smart, played in a pro offense under center and in shotgun, played behind the worst oline in college football the last 2 years with the worst coach in college football for 2 years, I have faith in Gailey helping him out, if he pans out we will have our QB for the next 12-15 years like the Colts and Pats...hating on the guy is stupid especially by you Stokes, I'm surprised at you...let's go Jets! I'd root for Adolph Hitler as our QB...

Freddy Mondo, FJF and VaBchJet like this.
  13. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Based on the reaction here, he'd better have a good mental makeup. He'll need it.

boozer32 and hornblower like this.
  14. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Who is Robinson and what the FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKK????????

_

15. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

That Gruden QB camp shit is so fucking gay.

talisaynon likes this.
  16. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yes, yes I do.

17. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

really how long have you been a troll hot the f&(* do you even bring up Geno in this? moron go back and root for the dolphins

Freddy Mondo and zace like this.
  18. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Cook still out there. Jets could have gotten someone in the 3rd easy

19. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I see you sucking Hackenberg's dick so please tell us what makes everyone wrong except you?

20. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Lmao they definitely did not have more talent then temple. Temple was 10-4 lmao and NW was 10-3. Do you guys watch football? Of course i follow temple, im a drexel grad dude we hate them.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

matt robinson 17 likes this.