Darron Lee

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NCJetsfan, Apr 28, 2016.

1. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Hahaha totally... But for those other people who are on a mobile and couldn't play the video, who was he sacking? I mean I know who it is but for the other people...

Btw I have been wondering if there'd be any feelings if the team that drafts decker also drafts smith....

2. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

Like any pick there are pros and cons. I like the pick although I wanted the QB.
    I'll go with our GM and coach rather than some sports hack.

3. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

Why are people bitching about his number of tackles? He played in coverage a lot so obviously he's not going to get as many tackles as a pass rusher or run stopper. A stat I would like to see if completions against him while he was in coverage as that seems to be a big reason he was drafted. If he had a small amount of tackles and the guy he was covering had a huge completion rate that's a cause for concern but otherwise I think people are too hung up on stats.

4. JDeacon

JDeacon Well-Known Member

Absolutely, there are no other qb's in this draft worth a second round pick so either try to solidfy the interior of the offensive line or make our upgrade our linebackers group significantly

5. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

Are you quoting someone, or are saying you are a PFF analyst also?

6. jetfannerd

jetfannerd Trolls

Again I apologize to the Mods for posting this thread. Please feel free to merge with the Darron Lee thread. I'm not trying to troll-just a jets fan looking for a forum to discuss jets related topics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. jetfannerd

jetfannerd Trolls

Let's remember that just because Lee is athletic doesn't make him a great coverage LB. Case and Point being Demario Davis

8. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

funniest thing i have seen this week.

9. 4jetfans

4jetfans Well-Known Member

Been a while since I was on this site and I figured I would stop in after the draft to read how my fellow Jet Fans thought of our pick.
    And I read this Bullshit. Is the Mod even watching these rooms.. What a bullshit thread. Seems nothing has changed

10. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

tbh though, as much as i like the pick... the OP did have some things that are true.. His run reads are kind of... off.. seems like he runs himself right out of some plays.. He's not a great tackler ... he will whiff tackles that's just what he does.. His coverage is ok... we didn't get a "steal" by any means.. He's crazy athletic though but so was DD. I like what he should bring to the table as far as being versatile enough to switch from ILB & OLB.. but he plays well in space in the middle of the field... make the wrong move and that kid will be right on that ball.. same with Bruce Carter. We shouldn't see any more RB's having their way with the LB's as we seen so much last year..

Thing is.. we have a great run stopping bunch already.. so i'm not worried him disappearing in the run game or him running passed the runner. I just don't wanna see him lined up across from slot WR's or covering the big gronk-sized TE's of the world. That aint whats going to help him succeed.

I think we got a hit or miss in Darron Lee, its really 50/50

NYJetsO12 and Jets69 like this.
  11. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Is this the same PFF analyst that gave Vernon Gholston raving reviews after the Jets pick?

FlaJet and 4jetfans like this.
  12. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

Matt Waldman/Gene Bramel break down film on Lee. Great stuff for anyone looking for something other than a highlight reel.

ajax and legler82 like this.
  13. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

When i seen him line up vs slot WR's... the outcome wasnt good for him lol.

14. Going4TheGreen

Going4TheGreen Well-Known Member

http://nfldraftreport.sportsblog.co...e---here-is-why-he-is-so-highly-regarded.html

Proving that his high school safety skills were elite, Lee saw 38 passes targeted into his area. He allowed seven to be caught for a total of 50 yards (18.42 pass completion rate). On fourteen plays, he stopped receivers on third downs, twice doing so on fourth-down snaps. He rerouted/jammed ten receivers away from catchable tosses, deflected two others throws and intercepted another vs. Northern Illinois that he returned 41 yards for a touchdown. He was also credited with ten QB pressures, causing two fumbles on the 4.5 sacks he registered.

deerow84 likes this.
  15. 3lixer.

3lixer. Active Member

Same Old Jets (fans)

4jetfans likes this.
  16. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

I like this pick because...Bowles made it clear after the season that he needed to infuse his roster with more speed. Lee ran a blazing 4.47 40-yard dash with the fastest 10-yard split (1.54 seconds) at the Combine. He has safety cover skills, which immediately makes him an asset for a team that lacks a true three-down linebacker.

Bowles said: He can play the nickel now, and he will grow into a three-down linebacker,’’ Bowles said. “He will make us a lot faster, is a good pressure guy and a good cover guy who runs sideline to sideline. We’re going to use him in a lot of different places. We need a guy that can run around.’’

17. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

\
    U do not know that period. Do you have an MD do you know his prognosis? Do you know if he can even comeback and play at the same level... no to each statement so please stop with the prognostications.

18. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Most Mocks I have seen had him at #17 to Atlanta, showing he actually had even more value at #20. I don't get the hate either. Oh wait, yes I do. Jets fans complain about everything.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  19. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Dude, take the drink offer.

_

20. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

lee isnt just fast, hes quick and explosive with production to match

i was on the doctson train but this is a solid pick