WW85'S FINAL NY JET'S 2016 MOCK DRAFT

Discussion in 'Draft' started by WW85, Apr 26, 2016.

1. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I think Mike Mac is going to trade back sometime in this draft to get more picks.

I haven't heard too much discussed on this point.......after the Top Ten players, this draft from 11- mid 30s the value is very close. So I have the Jets trading out of #20.

Jets get Browns #32 & 65
    Browns get Jets #20

ROUND 2 #32 (From Browns) JASON SPRIGGS, OT, INDIANA.......IMO, the third best OT in this draft, yes, better potential LT over Conklin & Decker. Plug in at RT in 2016 & future LT.

ROUND 2 #51 KYLER FACKRELL, OLB, UTAH STATE......Big OLB that has solid rushing skills. Jets have showed interest.

ROUND 3 #65 (From Browns) NICK VANNETT, TE, THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY....Big TE that does it all. Good Hands & Blocker.

ROUND 3 #83 JAVON HARGRAVE, DT, S. SOUTH CAROLINA ST......great motor that can get to the QB.

ROUND 4 #118 KEVIN HOGAN, QB, STANFORD.....another 4th Rd QB, really intelligent and potential future starter to compete with Petty. We know the Jets will draft another QB.

ROUND 7 #235 MORGAN BURNS, CB, KANSAS STATE.....good depth & special teams player.

ROUND 7 #241 QUINSHAD DAVIS, WR, NORTH CAROLINA.....Big receiver that Gailey would like.

Comments welcome!!!

#1 WW85, Apr 26, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
    boozer32 and Martin&theJETS like this.
  2. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Hey WW, good to read you as always. Do we really "know" the Jets will be drafting a QB? I feel like we have far too few picks to waste one on a QB, unless there is real value falling into our laps.

3. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Question actually, more of a general nature

Everyone says to trade down, and I hope Mac will. But why are we talking about it as if it were something easy.
    To trade down, you need someone to trade up. Why would Browns (in this example) give up 2 picks to go up? The value between 10 to 30 being the same is true for all teams. So unless someone overvalued the board greatly, why would they move up?

It irks me a little to see "trade down" like it is as easy as going down to a store and getting an ice cream.
    Or is it this easy?

Red Menace likes this.
  4. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

NO it isn't easy to make trades, especially when you're OTC.......some predraft work needs to be done between teams.

I just have a feeling Mac wants more picks.

BTW, I very rarely put trades in my mock drafts.

I think the Browns could move up for Lynch.

RuJFan likes this.
  5. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I think the current Jets mgmt. is going to draft a QB every year till they get it right. I like the idea of competition between Petty & Hogan.

legler82 and boozer32 like this.
  6. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

I think the Jets are going to draft a QB in every draft from here on out until they find the right one.........although one of these years they are going to have to take it seriously and may have to make a big trade up.

boozer32 likes this.
  7. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

I think your draft is very reasonable.....do you think Spriggs would last until # 32? Fackrell is probably the 2nd round pick if he's still on the board I hear the Jets are enamored with him....

8. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I think it's 50/50 Spriggs will be available at #32. Apparently, the Jets had Fackrell in for a visit and "someone" in the Jet's facility leaked they love the Kid. It could all be BS. Fackrell's size and ability seems to be just what Bowles would be looking for at OLB.

9. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Thing about Fackrell is he's 24 going on 25. I hope he would be able to make an immediate impact, as he may not have the upside you want

jetlife21 likes this.
  10. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

That's the same trade I had in my mock. I think it was Pauline who said the Browns are looking to move back into the middle of the 1st. They have lots of picks to make it happen. I like the picks outside of Fackrell who to me seems like a slightly more athletic version of Trevor Reilly with the same age problem.

But then you go and put my man Vannett in there and totally redeem yourself! Well played, sir.

11. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Reilly was 26 when drafted. Fackrell will be 24. Still more than the 21-23.

12. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Actually like the Kevin Hogan selection, heard some whispers about him, only negative is his throwing motion.

Other than that, hearing good things about him.

13. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

My question comes in reference the QB, what about taking someone like Vernon Adams instead of Hogan

14. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Spriggs in a trade back makes sense

15. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

You're definitely addressing positions of need but are they BPA?

I feel like Mac is going to draft BPA even if a certain position is loaded.

Can't wait for Thursday.

16. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I just think with the current state of the roster we've lost that luxury a little bit. Almost every position outside of the safeties/defensive end spots has a ton of age and long term uncertainty in terms of those players being on the roster past another year or two. It sucks because it's such a defensive line heavy draft in a year when we have absolutely no need for it. That's also probably a contributing factor as to why we can't get what we want for Mo.

I fully expect the first 3-4 picks to include some sort of combination of ILB/OLB/OT and then on the BPA front WR/TE with a quarterback thrown in there in the mid rounds.

Trading down and retaining value is certainly rough but I feel like Maccagnan is trying like all hell to do so. If he's as smart as we think he is, he recognizes the age and realizes he needs to start hitting on some mid round picks as starters or this franchise will be doomed come 2017-2018.

WW, like the idea of a Hogan/Petty competition, and a good overall mock even though it's tough to predict trades. Might as well keep taking shots at quarterbacks in any way possible and why not get a proven college winner with a lot of experience under his belt.

Hogan/Stanford is 16-6 vs. Top 25 teams in his tenure. Very encouraging.

17. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I really believe where the majority of my players drafted could be BPA. None of my players are reaches and all seem to be good values where they were taken. There is a possibility Spriggs will be drafted in late Rd 1.

Last year Mac clearly took the BPA at #6, it was a no brainer. As the draft moves along BPA gets a little fuzzy. I can claim Devin Smith wasn't the BPA last year.

18. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

What if we get no value from moving out of #20 who you taking

19. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

well every year i look at your mock you usually nail 1 pick in your draft which is morethan i can say for others.

solid draft. we'll see.

20. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

That's really tough question, I don't like a lot of players that have been mocked to the Jets at #20.

I guess if he was available.....Darron Lee, OLB, OSU. Lee is on the smaller side then what Bowles would prefer, but he's a very solid player.

I'm still a huge Jason Spriggs fan, he's not getting credit for his play, let's hope the Jets see his true value.

My Wild Card at # 20 is Ryan Kelly, C, Bama, he one of the safest picks in this draft. Kelly could play guard for short while ( a few years) and then replace Nick.

The Jets will probably draft Lynch at #20 if available, not thrilled with that choice.