Fitzpatrick Saga Poll. Voters vote and lets put an end to this!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by vokab206, Mar 14, 2016.

?

What are your thoughts on Fitzpatrick at this point?

1. Come back please!

16 vote(s)
    8.5%
  2. Come back but only at the right price ($8-$10 mill)

129 vote(s)
    68.3%
  3. Make a decision by tomorrow or I'm moving on

11 vote(s)
    5.8%
  4. He's not the long term solution and we have enough weapons so see what else is out there

27 vote(s)
    14.3%
  5. RG3!!!

6 vote(s)
    3.2%
  1. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

he isnt worth a cent over 6 or 7 million... even then thats mostly paying for last years production, which is a bit misleading because of the TDs.

2. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

At 7 million he would be getting a 200 % pay raise I would give him 8 max on a 2 year deal (16 total) or 9 for a season

3. fltflo

fltflo Active Member

He is not the long term answer and signing him at ANY price just forestalls the future. While he is a bright guy and we had a lot of fun last year, as a franchise QB he is very physically limited.
    Trade for a better answer long term( you insert you favorite name here) mind would be Glennon. If you don't want to give up the pick, you play Geno,
    (Stop vomiting, you haters) for one year and if he finally shows you extend him one year then sign Glennon as a FA and let them battle it out.
    Geno should be damn ready to play in Chan's system and has to know if he fails, he will just end up on the trash pile of would be NFL QB.

4. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

It's more like 7-8 mil for Fitz not 8-10...

I'm curious to know what RG3 is looking for money wise? I think a 2 year term at 12 mil (6 per) seems right? But who knows he might be looking for way more....

5. twown

twown Well-Known Member

I voted for Right Price also, but I think we should tell his agent that we're kind of desperate and could possibly go a lot higher. Then we should clap a hand over our mouths. But it's too late.

Then as the awful, bloated contract is being signed, we should kind of be shaking our heads and muttering in disgust, just to show the agent that we don't like the way it went down.

6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

That's just dumb. We aren't desperate, and we shouldn't pay anywhere near what Fitz wants. If he doesn't accept the Jets offer soon, they need to tell him to step off and sign RG3.

7. twown

twown Well-Known Member

*quadruple face palm.*

8. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Curious to see how many of the Revis bashers during his negotiations are sucking Fitzmagdick.

Especially since one is arguably the best at his position and one of the greatest ever and the other is a declining QB who had 1 great season that ended with spunk on his beard.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  9. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

At 33 and a mediocre career, he's not going to get any better, had a good season last year but shit the bed in the biggest game of the year, his money demands are laughable...bye

10. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Who exactly is happy with Fitz's approach? I didn't see anyone not annoyed with his stubbornness

More importantly, you're overlooking major difference between the two: Fitz negotiating as FA, Revis was holding out while under a contract.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  11. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Please hurry up and send this to Fitzpatrick's agent! Let's put an end to this!!

stinkyB likes this.
  12. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Cimini just tweeted Fitz is asking for $12-14, Jets offering $7-8, pretty clear it is time to meet in the middle at $10. Let's say 3 year, $30 million. $15 mil guaranteed.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  13. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

3/30, half guaranteed sounds about right. But most likely neither side will make a move until the Kaep situation is settled.

14. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

That's what they said about Vinny T., all this Fitzpatrick garbage is ridiculous, he is a garbage QB, always been always will, take Marshall and Decker out of the equation we aren't even having this conversation, lets not pretend Petty is some golden egg either, throw him out there and see what happens

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  15. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Sounds like I missed quite a big part of the Bills post game action. Who's spunk?

16. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Wait, are you comparing Fitzpatrick to Testaverde?! o_O

17. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

no chance in hell i go up to 10. id already feel a bit disappointed if it was the higher end of the jets number(8 million).

i see no reason to "meet in the middle" for a stopgap qb who didnt get us to the playoffs despite a career year and a pretty easy schedule. i think last year was the ceiling we saw with fitz, which probably gets us in the playoffs half the time... but certainly isnt worth 10+ million on a multi year deal... ESPECIALLY in an offseason when we are scraping pennies trying to keep a 25 year old stud defender.

18. vicmill

vicmill New Member

From MMQB - love the Cheers reference:

4. At least from afar, the Ryan Fitzpatrick-Jets talks are the least interesting negotiation of the offseason. It seems the Jets don’t have any other alternatives at quarterback with their win-now roster. It seems Fitzpatrick has no other legitimate suitors.

So just get it over already. It’s like watching Sam and Diane, but without Norm and Cliff and Carla and the rest of the gang cracking wise.

19. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I understand. I think this is a sign they believe in Petty and possibly even Smith still that they have not upped their offer. Still, despite missing the playoffs, Fitzpatrick led one of the most explosive Jets offenses of my life time. They were never perfect, but played well most games. I'd like to have Fitzpatrick back.

20. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Jets need to man up and give the guy something in the $12M range (still way below market). Make it incentive heavy or whatever but just get it done because there is no second option