If no Fitz the one guy I'd trade for is

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 74, Mar 10, 2016.

1. vokab206

vokab206 Well-Known Member

This is a win now team so I don't think Mac will mess around and have Geno start if Fitz leaves. Trading for Foles will be the best option since his cap number is $8 mill next year and $13.5 the next year. Pretty much around what Fitz would be.

2. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

One silver lining to possibly losing Fitz and starting Geno, is Geno's beautiful long ball to Devin Smith.

3. Devildog

Devildog New Member

I like McCarron

If only we could get a trade with Giants for Ryan Nassib for draft pick & Dee Milliner. 2 of 3 Giants Cornerbacks are free agents Prince & Hosley.

74 likes this.
  4. PabloJa

PabloJa Well-Known Member

They just don't wanna see Geno, and honestly I don't blame them, me neither. If it's gonna be trash they at least want fresh new trash, not same ol' trash.

5. hobgoblin

hobgoblin Well-Known Member

He almost certainly will be.

I'd prefer Paxton Lynch, but doubt he gets passed the Rams, and I'm not sure I'd want to spend a 1st on him, anyway.

If not Fitz, I wouldn't be opposed to trading a 2nd for Mccarron

6. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

If not Fitz - is Petty ready?

Burnz and matt robinson 17 like this.
  7. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

I'm warming up to the idea of trading for Foles we could have him for a mid round pick me thinks ...

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  8. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

I've been saying this for a long time.

9. fltflo

fltflo Active Member

Glennon to me has the biggest upside if we are going to trade for someone. He has the chance to be a franchise QB. The only reason he got bench was Tampa drafted Winston

10. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I am not so high on Foles anymore for obvious reasons. While he probably could benefit from a change of scenery (a factor but often an overrated one), and Rams' fans last year some felt his OC and their CS's approach to him were a bad match, I have to wonder whether a high pressure market like the Jets play in would be the best place for him.

But I think he's healthy, and he could be better than some alternatives. He'd certainly be better than Smith. As others have pointed out his number is not that big and if he could be obtained for a decent package, and of course assuming Fitz is not coming back at a reasonable number, he's probably a better fit for Gailey than some of the other names being considered.

Not based on anything other than my own perception of what is going on, but I think the chance of the Jets being satisfied to start Smith if Fitz is gone is close to nil. They don't like him, and it ain't happening.

11. ChrebetCrunch

ChrebetCrunch Well-Known Member

I thought for sure that Uncle Rico would have made an appearance in this thread.

Jetaho likes this.
  12. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

[​IMG]