Win tomorrow essential for successful 2015

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Joe Willie White Shoes, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

No. It was another heartbreaking gut wrenching season. I've been here before and it sucks. Coming close and missing means nothing. No moral victories for me. 10-6 and no playoffs is no better than 6-10. All it means now is that the Jets get the 20 th pick, which is the worst draft spot in the NFL. No playoffs and a high pick.

IBLEEDGREEN17 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  2. Joe Willie White Shoes

Seriously, you feel good right now? You're happy with this team and season after today.? I've seen this play before. This season is 1993 and and 2011 and 2000 all over again.

vicmill likes this.
  3. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

You're mad we missed the playoffs. If we could have made it to the postseason going 1-15 you probably would be kind of happy going 1-15. I get where you're coming from, the ultimate goal and the whole point of this is to make the playoffs. You don't play to go 16-0 and somehow miss making the playoffs. But overall we have a competitive team, you can feel good about that even though again I get that you or anyone else would be pissed. I am, it was a terrible performance today, pathetic, embarrassing. This year they weren't good enough, or they just simply choked.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  4. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

Trust me I'm as pissed as anyone else. There isn't one player I didn't call a cunt in the game thread.

5. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I am in my "young 60s" now and saw Namath win as a 10th grader. I have a Practice here in DE that keeps me going and that I love being a part of. After I am done clearing up an illness I've had for a month now Ill continue to follow the enigma known as the NYJets.

In my life Ive been blessed by many things. BUT 47 YEARS OF WAITING FOR A SB IS A LONG TIME

Like white shoes I been here with this miserable franchise thru countless blown opportunities.

My feeling is the other Jersey guy Mike Macag. will get us stonger. With or without Bowles/Gailey or the rest of the ridiculously paid players

6. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

once upon a time a loss like this would bother me for weeks. i would be down and negative about it and feel like the team would never win and the world was ending.

many times in the past 15 years i have felt terrible about the team even when they won afc divisional round playoff championships, because i knew they didnt have it in them to win it all. they didnt have a good base to build off of and to become great.

today was frustrating, many of the same things that have annoyed me all year, win or lose, continued to annoy me. BUT i do feel like there is a good base and this can be built off of. so yes this season was a success. yes there appears to be a plan and people in place to take it to the next level.

that and i realized a few years ago that the players dont really give a shit about me, the owner really doesnt give a shit about me and there is no reason for me to get all up in arms mad for weeks about something those fellas didnt accomplish. so go ahead and get sick to your stomachs, the players still shook hands with the other team, bullshitted and exchanged jerseys after the game. and fuck it im not going to be sitting here wallowing by myself when they arent.

IBLEEDGREEN17 likes this.
  7. Joe Willie White Shoes

Bump.

Everybody still feeling all warm and fuzzy about the "successful" 2015 season? Tons of fun going 10-6 with no playoffs ? After all the fun we had last year winning 10 games, I don't why there is all the hand wringing over free agency losses. That is what happens after a "successful" season. The players want more money. Anybody who said the Bills game was meaningless and who still feels good about last season is somewhat delusional.

8. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Who did we lose to free agency?

What player wants more money?

Who said the Bills game was meaningless?

Axel3419 likes this.
  9. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

Imagine how Much Fitz would command if he won the game lolol 3 years 60 million PS no reason to dwell in the misery of the past it can't be healthy

10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Our cap situation would be so awesome if we had won that game. Oh what could have been.

Seriously, are you drunk?

Royal Tee and alleycat9 like this.
  11. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I was bitterly disappointed we missed the playoffs, and lost in miserable fashion to Rex and the Bills twice. I think on both games we got outcoached and outplayed which bothers me greatly.
    However, the assertion that some fans here said the game with the Bills did not matter is incorrect. Most all fans on this site were crushed by the loss. 10-6 was a step in the right direction but we ended the season with a very poor performance in a win you are in situation. BAD. That in fact is why Fitz is not yet back with us. His performance casted a larger shadow as to his real value when the chips are all in front of us.

So to respond to the OP.

Loose people to free agency - Inevitable
    Loosing to the Bills was meaningless - BS
    47 years without a trip to the SB - dismal
    Win now approach - no doubt - Its about time
    Is Fitz the guy that can take us there - Not necessarily

We need more talent at key positions in defense and offense and not a lot of time to do it. Jet fans deserve better.

12. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

How many teams in NFL history have improved from 6-10 (or 1 or two games around) to Super Bowl champs versus 10-6 (or one or two games around) to Super Bowl champion.

It would seem to me that the worse you are the less likely you will improve enough to be Super Bowl champs, so there is an inherent value to being 10-6 vs 6-10 if you aren't rebuilding and are trying to be a contender the next season.

13. fltflo

fltflo Active Member

Fitz is not the guy, his game against the Bills was just the final bitter pill we all had to swallow. Rex knew just how to make Fritz look ordinary in both games. It will be a blueprint for other teams in the coming season. Think of all the games last season that were pulled out of the fire at the last moment. Was it fun, no doubt, but with the weapons we had ,we should have been able to win a few more of those games convincingly.
    JMHO but keeping Fitz as our starter is just delaying moving forward as a team that must be reckoned with. More so now that he has it in his head that he should be paid like a top flight QB.
    So where should we go, my thoughts are if the Jets don't feel Geno will be the answer and Petty is not ready for prime time, it time to find a QB. That means find a QB that is young enough to develop with,over many years. Experienced enough to have had some playing time under center with potential and a small amount of success. As well as,strong enough mentally to deal with the stresses of life and the press in the metropolitan area.
    To me that means we trade our third rounder or second if necessary to get Glennon from Tampa and name him starter from day one. We could make Geno part of the deal if that will expedite the trade and allow us to make it a third round pick instead of a second. That way Tampa will still have an experience starter as a backup, win win for both teams.
    One way or another we have to allow Geno a chance at a fresh start , we owe him that much. Yet, he must be moved on to make it clear to everyone this will be Glennon's team.
    Then we extend Glennon three years with the third non-guaranteed if he is successful we revisit his deal and sign him long term, if not Pettty should be totally up to speed
    What we should not do is resign Fritz as the starter for his asking price. I would be more then comfortable signing him as a short term backup to Glennon at backup monies, as his original role was suppose to be. It's time
    to get on with the business of becoming a young solid football team.

Jets69 likes this.
  14. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

What makes Glennon so great?

15. fltflo

fltflo Active Member

Nothing yet, but he has shown potential and the reason he was push to backup was, Tampa took the top QB in last years draft with the first pick in the 2014 draft. At that point you have to start him as he now is your franchise #1 QB
    If Tampa did not have that pick
    It would have continued to develop Glennon who play fairly well behind a terrible O line and very few weapons.
    I want a young developing QB not an 12 Vet who is going to crap the bed in his most important game.
    Seems everyone is anti Geno and Petty is clearly not ready so, time to role the dice and hope they come up all 777777's

16. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I would consider trading for Glennon if we lose Fitz as I like what he's done in the NFL in general. But I don't know enough about him to know whether he would be a good fit for Gailey's system. It's something I would look into before deciding we should try to get him.

17. fltflo

fltflo Active Member

I live in SW Fl and have seen most of the games he has played. As I have stated he does show potential and I have liked some of the basics he has shown. Reads defenses very well for a young player, has the physical tools to play at this level. Good pocket awareness while staying focus down. I know there is no guarantee with him, but potential upside is far brighter then Fritz.

18. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Unless I'm mistaken, he's Winston's backup in Tampa. Why in the world would they trade their young, cheap backup? I know you didn't suggest it initially, but I can't see them trading him at a reasonable price, if at all.

19. jxc

jxc Active Member

Ryan Fitzpatrick really needed to trim his beard again before heading to Buffalo.

I hope the Jets management plays Fitzy's back to back to back 4th quarter interceptions on a continuous loop in the background during contract negotiations.

20. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Hopefully U R aware who Todd Bowles is. Assuming U do this was HIS quote on the 10-6 season

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Todd Bowles Quote

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN 1h1 hour ago
    Todd Bowles on Jets' 10-win season: “It’s not a success because you didn’t win a Super Bowl" http://nydn.us/1lQXKKa