Reality is Fitzpatrick is perfect for the Jets and he has nowhere else to go..

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsFan, Mar 12, 2016.

1. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Fitzpatrick is a perfect fit for the Jets and is the unquestionable starter for this team and our proven leader. The truth is he has no other team which would make him the unquestionable starter or pay him the money he wants. The Broncos let their starting QB walk because they wouldn't pay more than $15 million a year, so no chance they give an older QB with a spotty record that much.

Here is the breakdown on the teams who need a starting QB and word out is the Browns and Rams are not interested in signing Fitzpatrick.

Browns – Will draft a QB, appears to be Wentz

49ers – Set to draft a QB, appears to be Goff

Rams - Made qualifying offer to QB Keenum, and in position to draft Lynch

Broncos – Traded for Sanchez and still in talks with 49ers for possibly getting Kaepernick

Jets – The only team left without a starting QB and not in position to draft a top 3 QB. Fitz should get a three year deal averaging $15 million a year with $30 million of it in guaranties and in signing bonus. That would be a win for him and still a win for the Jets. If we cut him after two years we would only have that year's portion of the signing bonus as dead money. This is similar to the deal the Bronco's offered Osweiler.

No team is going to just give Fitzpatrick their starting job or pay him $18 million a year. The Eagles were stupid and we would be to pay that much to Fitz. The sooner both parties come to this or a similar agreement the better.

The worse case scenario is the team does not resign Fitz and we get RG3. That would be a nightmare and one I would refuse to watch.

TNJet and Pocket Jet like this.
  2. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

Refusing to watch is pretty dumb. last year at this time Fitzpatrick was a backup coming off of an average at best season. He just had a career year which he is not even guaranteed to repeat.

Give Gailey a chance to work some magic like he did with Kordell Stewart, Tyler Thigpen, and Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

NYJets17, KingRoach and FJF like this.
  3. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

Fitz isn't worth a penny over 8 per season ... care to remember what happened the last time he got paid

dmw, Kerley Shuffle, Cman68 and 6 others like this.
  4. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

We really need a couple more Fitz threads.

74, TNJet, Pocket Jet and 5 others like this.
  5. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Agree. Especially since every new thread comes with an original idea that hasn't been talked about and three other threads.

74 and Cman68 like this.
  6. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

If Fitzpatrick and the offense did not COMPLETELY MELTDOWN Week 17 against a terrible Bills team who had nothing to play for when the Jets had everything to play for, then I think he would have a valid argument to get paid $16-18 mil this season. Instead he threw 3 4th Q interceptions and the Jets collapsed as usual, missing the playoffs. Now I still love Fitz and have stated I would go from the $8 mil offer to $12 mil just to get it done, but anything more would be outrageous and possibly RGIII is the better quality deal right now. We will see. Soon I hope.

zace and Geno007 like this.
  7. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

You had me until 15 million. Drop it to 10 million, which is better than anyone else will give, and we should be good.

BleedingGreen55 and KingRoach like this.
  8. HomeoftheJets

Two of the three picks were out of desperation. Only the first was a bad pick.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  9. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

What about the coaching staff melting down and having every player in our secondary play 10 yards off their man?

10. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

I will say it again...Fuck Fitz he not worth half of what he asking for.

11. Geno007

I guess we watch a different game. Now 1 of the 3 was.

12. Geno007

Good point but that same coaching staff still put the Jets in position to win that game if Fitz doesn't get picked in endzone.

13. HomeoftheJets

14. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Redundant threads are redundant.

In before its merged

15. zace

zace Well-Known Member

7 more to be exact

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

16. Geno007

I would rather have the 4th and 15-20 then to be picked off. Plus if I'm not mistaken the Jets still had timeouts left then.

17. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

That was brutal. I was in the 3rd row of that endzone. At no point was Decker ever open in that route. McKelvin (sp) ran the route that Decker was trying to. Brutal. I still see flashbacks of Thompkins dropping that pass.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

rohirrim665 likes this.
  18. zace

zace Well-Known Member

I kinda wouldn't mind letting Fitz go. I think we can get better value amd similar production from another qb. I was cool with him at the end of the season but fact remains he still lost a lot of games and wasny exactly dominant in many of the games last season. The were periods where he flat out disappeared.

Im glad the jets are taking a stand against bad contacts for qbs. They have been getting overpaid for years and terrible production.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

egelband and tomdeb like this.
  19. HomeoftheJets

So would I. But there was also a chance Fitz completes that pass. He had a man open. Unfortunately he was drilled as he threw. Considering our odds of winning were next to nothing anyway once the protection broke down, he took a calculated risk, which ultimately didn't pay.

20. RIPJimLeonhard

RIPJimLeonhard Well-Known Member

This is the second new thread made about a topic we already have a thread for............