If no Fitz the one guy I'd trade for is

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 74, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

First if the Jets can't sign Fitz for under 10mil they need to say goodbye. Then let just see what Geno can do in this offense. I keep hearing on here how good Chan is with QB's. Who says he can't help Geno? Geno does come cheap and the coaching staff must had liked something in him to name him the starter in TC. Now I know a lot of people on here hates Geno and think I'm just saying this because I'm a Geno fan. That far from the truth. I just want to see what Geno can in this offense.

2. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

This is from an article about the Broncos.

According to NFL Media Research, Manning and Osweiler's combined passer rating (76.2), third-down percentage (33.0) and red-zone touchdown percentage (46.2) were all well below the league average. The pair combined to throw more interceptions than any team in the NFL (in fairness to Osweiler, Manning tossed 18 of the 24 combined picks).

According to NFL . COM they only had 19 td passes and the real number is 23 interceptions.

And they won the Super Bowl!

So the first question is jets "fans": can Geno get a qbr of 76.2 with 19 tds and 23 picks? According to his stats in 2014 he can. According to Walter football he had a third down % of 36.5 (which is better that 33 (I could only find 2013)).

"How does the rest of the 2015 Broncos stack up to the 2016 Jets expected roster?"

That's for you guys to decide on your own but based on the numbers, we could win with Geno Smith.

PS I hate all you for making me defend Geno Smith

3. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Cool story they had Von Miller, Demarcus Ware, professional linebackers, and a third corner who would be the number one on almost any other team. I'm not watching football next year if Geno is the QB, you guys can have all the fun being miserable.

PabloJa, Ubiquitous, Jets69 and 2 others like this.
  4. mgjetman22

mgjetman22 Active Member

If Geno is the QB next year it looks like we will need a new coaching staff also. You would have to go full retard to even consider starting that turd.

Jets69 and TNJet like this.
  5. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

Trade:
    Big Mo, 2016 1st, 2016 2nd, and a 2017 1st round pick.

For Teddy Bridgewater

Or, build a time machine go back to 2014 and kill John Idzik.

74 and TNJet like this.
  6. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

Jets69 likes this.
  7. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The only problem with this line of thought is that if the Jets have the #1 pick next year they're going to be the favorites to have it in 2017 again given the age of the current squad and who is likely dropping out of the equation.

I'm too old to watch the Jets suck for two years in a row with a new regime change at the end of it, again. Bill Parcells bailed us out last time. I have no idea who would be the guy this time. Maybe Gruden or Cowher?

8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

If we're talking trades I put some feelers out for A.J. McCarron for sure. You'd be getting a young QB with some experience, a year under his belt with Hue Jackson's grooming and a guy with competitiveness I respect.

He's the opposite of Geno Smith. He's smart and well prepared and mature. He has always played in a pro style offense. He doesn't have Geno or Petty's arm but he is an efficient QB.

NotSatoshiNakamoto likes this.
  9. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

And I think Macc agrees with you (to an extent). I think part of Macc's issue with signing Fitz is it almost has to be like a 3 yr deal (3yr, $45M type contract). Macc doesn't want to hitch his horse for Fitz for 3 years. Macc thinks he already has good QB prospects on the team (Geno or Petty) and only needs a year, not 3 years.

Ideally Macc would get Fitz to sign a one year deal while we continue to evaluate Geno and Petty, with one of them taking the reigns in 2017. That can't happen if we're forced to sign Fitz to a 3 yr deal.

10. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Hopefully Rex Grossman is avalable

11. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

This. The Jets don't feel they need Fitz as much as we think we do. Mac wants a stop gap solution for 1-2 years tops and we aren't going to pay someone a lot for that. He is obviously building a complete offense and has improved the offense outside of the QB by a lot. The coaching staff was willing to roll with Geno last year and I'd be real curious to see what he'd look like in a real offense. Fans will get real pissed though, but they can give me their tickets if they don't want to go to games.

angryjetsfan likes this.
  12. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Yup.

And over-extending Fitz (3 yrs) may be more damaging to the long term health of the team than just starting Geno or Petty. All this stuff goes through Macc's head, not just dollars and cents.

13. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree with you more. In fact, Mac might be better off spending whatever money's left and can be had by revamping the OL the LB groups. And, if those are set, why couldn't the Jets follow the playbooks of last year's Broncos, or the Seahawks (when Wilson was a rookie/2nd year player)? It's entirely sensible to me.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  14. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

Since this is all hypothetical I'll say Von Miller. If we get that top tier edge rusher our QB becomes less important. We can let Chan "the QB whisperer" talk Kordell Stewart out of retirement.

15. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

If no Fitz, roll with Geno and Petty.

Footballgod214 and angryjetsfan like this.
  16. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

Options? Who's out there that might make a difference? 0-16 or 8-8...10-6, this squad ain't getting younger either way. These hand me down QB'S haven't been working out.

17. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Any chance you think he gets cut if Fitz signs there?

BTW the correct answer to this thread is Otto Graham, 5 time SB champs confirmed with him as QB. We will bring him back from the dead, using Joe Namath's soul.

JDeacon likes this.
  18. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

Worst case scenario I would trade for Hoyer

19. JDeacon

JDeacon Well-Known Member

Why waste the draft picks, we have already have our hoyer on the roster and his name is smith. At the end of the season I wanted to resign fitz but im at the point now were I rather us use the money to shore up the o-line, draft a qb in the first ( i like Lynch ) and go from there. With a strong defense, excellent skill players and a good o-line it would be the perfect place to put a young qb in to succeed. Why waste all this talent on a guy who at best will get us to the first round in the playoffs?

20. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

What we giving up? Free steak at Sizzler?

#40 101GangGreen101, Mar 11, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2016