Suggested Jets Offseason Moves

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NCJetsfan, Mar 1, 2016.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

relax NC. PacMan is a scumbag. no denying that one. when his playing days are over he'll blow through his money like Whitney Houston blew through coke. He will then probably do something else stupid and have to spend time in jail. He's a loser and a scumbag. no denying that.

but some people don't really care if a backup CB and return man on their favorite team is a scumbag. myself included. some of us just want to see a good football team and if he's a good football player then alright, I'm fine with that. He's not dating my daughter or anything.

2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I don't think scumbags should be honored by being allowed to play in the NFL and I sure don't want them playing for the team I love.

3. BrowningNagle

and you are entitled to your opinion. just know that I, and many others, don't feel the same way...

if I have to receive "a lifetime ban to watching the Jets" for that opinion, i'd say that s a little obsessive but you know you might be doing me a favor actually

4. NCJetsfan

It probably would be doing you a HUGE favor! lol Perhaps my comments are over the top or excessive, but I am just that strongly opposed to scumbags in the NFL.

5. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

When the team doesn't make the playoffs for 15 straight years, yeah, I'd say it is definitely related to the off season moves and personnel decisions. I don't think you can really deny that.

Many of the Jets woahs over the years has been because of bad decisions in the off season and Jets fans will be the first to admit it.

6. BrowningNagle

Do you have trouble with guys like Brandon Marshall and Quincy Enunwa on the Jets? How about Holmes and Braylon Edwards? Just curious

angryjetsfan likes this.
  7. angryjetsfan

angryjetsfan Active Member

Ladarius green is signing with the steelers, FML

NYJalltheway likes this.
  8. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

Agree with your first part as we got all our money's worth with Fitzpatrick, Carpenter, Marshall (i'm including him since it was entirely a GM move), Revis, Skrine and Gilchrist. The only one that didnt work out was Cro & Mike Macc covered himself by front-loading the $$ to get out of the contract quickly if need be.
    Now if you want to say that $8 mil could have been used for Snacks earlier, - then you are playing some Monday morning QB.
    The moves he didn't make ("not finding bricks replacment, not extending harrison last year"), - i would say that he was more cautious & patient with to see how his FIRST season as GM worked out. Those would have been some pretty bold moves. And the 2016 draft hasnt even occurred. Maybe his plans are in that draft.
    And I'm still surprised that people say "not going with a cheaper alternative to harris". That was a 2 year deal basically at 7mil per year, and we definitely got our $$ worth in the first year. C'mon!

BacktoQueens likes this.
  9. NCJetsfan

Brandon Marshall, no. The reason being that his was a medical condition. I wouldn't have wanted him at the time he was going through all those troubles, but now that they're in the past, I have no problem with his being a Jet.

What did Enunwa do? I'm either unaware or have forgotten what he did.

If players screw up and are truly repentant, I think they deserve a second chance, but that's it. If they screw up again, they should be gone.

I never wanted Holmes. I never liked him while he was here. I was glad when he was gone.

What did Braylon Edwards do? I've forgotten, but don't think it was that serious. I seem to remember that the chief complaint against him was dropped passes, and he cleaned that up when he came to the Jets. He was a very good, if not great, Jet except for the drunk driving incident towards the end. I liked Braylon.

10. BrowningNagle

Edwards essentially did the exact thing you are criticizing PacMan Jones for. He instigated one of his d-bag buddies to beat up the staff at a bar. the only difference is he was lucky his friends used their fists and not a gun like PacMan's it was nearly identical besides that, He started a fight. He was pulled over for drunk driving on multiple occasions... not just the one at the end of his Jets career. He was out drinking with Donte Stallworth when he drove drunk and killed a guy. these were events over multiple years.

i'm just saying that if you have a problem with people with low character on your favorite team you are in trouble buddy as there are scads of them in NFL and no teams without their fair share of scumbags on the roster

11. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Don't worry. You'll get the last life when PacMan's brain is scrambled in 20 years.

12. NCJetsfan

I didn't know or remember that about Braylon. Had I know that, I wouldn't have wanted him, but still that was one incident, Jones had numerous incidents just like that.

You may be right about the rest. For the last couple of years I've been wondering why I remain so in love with football when there are an increasing number of players with character issues. At some point, I may say the hell with it all.

13. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

He's finally gone

14. Beki

Beki Active Member

Jordan Raanan ‏@JordanRaanan 6 p6 perccel ezelőtt
    #Giants are on verge of landing former #Jets DT Damon Harrison. Hearing it's likely going in $8-9M range per season

Ohh boy....

15. Beki

Beki Active Member

Seth Walder ‏@SethWalderNYDN
    Can confirm Jets have released TE Jeff Cumberland.

16. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Look on the bright side, we'll be able to build a new team from just comp picks next time around.

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  17. NCJetsfan

I think 4 is the max we can get. So far, it appears that we'll get two 3rd rounders for Ivory and Snacks.

18. Beki

Beki Active Member

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Market for Jets RB Bilal Powell is intensifying. Broncos are interested. Jets still in it. No Patriots. #nyj

19. Beki

Beki Active Member

Macc, please cut Giacomini and save 4.4M for us.

20. LockDown24

LockDown24 Active Member

Not what I like to hear :mad: