Jets Intrested in Nick Fairley

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LongIslandBlitz, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Jets over Bills

I don't think that was a game plan, I think that was Revis not wanting to get burned over the top.

2. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

How does it make no sense? Im not fawning over the guy. But I respect his past. But right now he isnt worth his contract. And Jets fan that think he is have not been watching. But he's been a Hall of Famer since after 2010. So thats that. Doesnt change. Nothing he's done or hasnt done since then would've changed that.

But he's obviously on the downside of his career. Maybe hard not to considering how dominant he was during his first tenure here but at this point to pay this guy a 15 mil cap hit right now is bad.

And your last comment just proves my point. Most of the fanbase is happy that he's here and not in NE. I feel the same way. But I also realize , and realized the day he signed here , that it was gonna cost us down the road.

Well down the road is right now.

3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Yes. Its going to hurt a little in the running game but man we got a decade's worth of 1st round picks on that d-line. These guys got to raise their level of play a little and those around them. Can't keep everyone. Fairley is a different player than Harrison too, not an anchor type on the nose. so maybe they try different sets/roles. Another idea, dare I say, that I had is that Fairley actually would fit better in Wilkerson's spot. maybe they are planning a trade? maybe not.

either way it hasnt happened yet so it might all be bullshit

4. JdotGriff

JdotGriff Well-Known Member

Seems more likely this is more of a DE positional move. Not a replacement for Snacks. Maybe Mehta was right......

5. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

When it comes to younger , faster , talented WR's he has shown signs of not being what he was.

Im not saying he sucks. He just isnt the same player. Still good. Not worth his contract though. I'll settle for 15 mil per year for 09-10 Revis..not this version.

6. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Yeah that's pretty interesting. Maybe the plan is to move Richardson inside on most plays. Bringing in Fairley would make more sense in the that scenario.

Richardson was originally a DT in college. They could be planning to make 4-3 their main front. They used it way more last year than they have in recent times. It could also help remedy the lack of linebackers, while the draft picks from this year develop. If they play mostly 4-3 they don't need a monster NT and Fairley could essentially replace Harrison and play on the end.

#46 Sam Hammer, Mar 8, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
    KingRoach and 101GangGreen101 like this.
  7. nyjetsknicks247

nyjetsknicks247 Well-Known Member

I agree he isn't what he was

8. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

The 4-3 will get the best out of the strongest unit on the team, the D-line. It's worth noting that prior to the draft, Mauldin believed his best success would be as a 4-3 DE, I have to find that link, but I specifically remember an interview where he says that.

Jets should still mix the 4-3 / 3-4 depending on the match-up, good thing we have Deon Simon here as well.

9. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Yeah he got his ring, now he will take us for every cent he can get. I will always respect how great he was for us, but to me, he will never come close to being as great of Jet as Curtis Martin or Wayne Chrebet.

10. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Balderdash my good man, absolute balderdash.

It was obvious that TB had a game plan that included playing back, and it was based on containing Taylor and not getting beat with Taylor breaking out. Revis actually left the stadium without comment he was so pissed.

The D played passive...not aggressive.

More than one person on here called for an aggressive approach towards Watkins with help over the top, including yours truly. TB did not play it that way. Many people on here questioned the approach afterwards

He manhandled and contained Dez Bryant two weeks prior. That's Revis' game...confronting the opponent, challenging and manning up on him

That was on TB. No doubt. He should've adjusted at halftime.

Taylor gets credit, he played well

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  11. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

How does it free up money?It frees up nothing

12. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Jets over Bills

But what I'm saying is, do you KNOW that for sure? I dont follow the Jets, so maybe Bowles or Revis said so after the game or something.

13. Walt White

It was obvious. Neither one of them would divulge in house business.

TB was asked about it several times and he's just not the type that's gonna give anything to the media, especially of that nature.

He was even asked about that game recently and refused to divulge anything about it. A reporter asked him if he had any regrets about that game, TB's answer was-"no". The game plan was an issue after the game and the reporter was still trying get TB to admit to something.

I'm glad TB doesn't give anything out. I like that about a Coach.

14. Walt White

Wait to see what the contracts are. He's gotta juggle money. It's a common practice.

15. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

If the coaching staff gave him help over the top he wouldnt have to worry about being beat deep anyway.

16. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

It frees up money because its more than reasonable to suggest Snacks is going to be paid more than Fairley. Therefore it frees up money that would otherwise be invested in snacks to be invested elsewhere...

17. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

He doesn't have the speed to play FS.

18. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

It looks like the Giants are serious about taking Snacks from us......Which sucks,he was an undrafted guy that became a stud.We don't ever have guys like him

dogg and PabloJa like this.
  19. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

CB requires more speed than S.
    that's why guys like Rod Woodson and Charles Woodson converted to FS towards the end of their careers.

20. Walt White

Ronnie Lott too. I'm sure there's others. Guys move back there when their speed/skills diminish