most worthless jet of 2015 is ...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by tomdeb, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Don't start Poe... Just don't start man... Haven't you had enough of the Geno shit yet? Don't do it man.. Spare all of us.

2. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Ok I will stop :(

Cman68 likes this.
  3. Cman68

You're a good man Poe.. No matter what Stokes says... :)

matt robinson 17 and Poeman like this.
  4. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

What does Stokes say?

He probably wants to avoid a confrontation with me, :p

Cman68 likes this.
  5. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

Dude, he's a rookie wide receiver that was buried on the depth chart by two of the best WRs in the league. Chill out. Demaryius Thomas had like 200 rec yards as a rookie, Antonio Brown had 167 rec yds) it's a tough position to adjust to...

alleycat9 likes this.
  6. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

That is the point of the thread--the guy is a total waste of a roster spot--doesn't play on defense, misses special teams tackles, and yesterday got a special teams holding penalty which cost us crucial yardage-- at least quigley performed some useful function such as holding for the kicker--the point of the thread is that mcdougle= no use on defense, special teams or roster.

7. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Devin Smith doesn't suck...at least yet. He just is made of glass.

NYJetsO12 and JetLifeLo like this.
  8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I actually think he's pretty tough and durable!

sincerely,
    -- Dee Milliner

phubbadaman, Cman68 and JetLifeLo like this.
  9. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

Lol Devin Smith isn't making me forget about Stephen hill .. if anything he's sending me a reminder.. even took the honors of ruining Randy Moss number just like Hill did

10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I can't answer that question, but I agree with you that should have been at least tried. With Gailey's lack of use of TEs, I don't understand why they didn't just cut both Cumberland and Davis, then sign an additional WR or OT. I mean if you're not going to use them to receive, why even take a roster spot for them? With the additional receiver(s) maybe we could have had a real PR/KR instead of Kerley returning punts, and Stacy and Cumberland returning KOs. With additional OL, they may not have been able to catch, but at least they'd have known they'd have better blocking and improved depth on the OL.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  11. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Barry and wewantsapp, great posts. They need to be pinned on the top of the board to remind posters of the roster issues the team had to contend with this season and will for the next several. Maybe that will help eliminate some of the silly posts and threads.

12. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Funny that Quigley gets so much hate when he's not a terrible punter. Make no mistake, I'm no great fan of his, certainly not with yesterday's performance, but he is a solid, average NFL punter. I generally hate making a case with statistics, but for this position they work quite well, they even point out a few things that might be overlooked.

In the first quarter yesterday he had four punts - yeah, four! That sucks enough as it is, but he's not responsible for that. His average for those was 40 yards - not terrible; take out the terrible one and his average was 47 yards. For the season he was within a yard of the league average.

The NFL had eleven punt plays that resulted in TD's by the defense this year; two were Quigley punts - one a block, one a return. Can he be held responsible?
    Only six teams allowed more return yardage per punt than the Jets - is that because his hang time is quick, or special teams coverage sucks? I can't find a stat for hang time. Maybe this frustration belongs to the other ten guys on the punt team.

This actually appears to be a case of the devil you know vs. the devil you don't know. Who else is out there? Remember, he was an early replacement for Weatherford and outkicked him by 3.5 yards a kick in a league that only has a 6.3 yard spread from beast to least (SW would have been 1.3 below number 32.) (Edited: Actually, Weatherford would have been Quigley's replacement if he was any better.)

I know today is made for bitching and whining and all that and I won't be happy, but I'll keep Quigley over any of you guys or your twelve year old grandmothers - you'll have to come up with someone better. Who did you have in mind?

#112 Ralebird, Jan 4, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
  13. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

actually, it is a tie between the special teams coach and the punter.

14. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

i just do not agree with that. should have 3 qbs active for games , with the 3rd guy charting and holding on fgs. opens up the fake fg senario and maybe cuts down the number of rushers by one, who has to play back in case of a fake.
    plus, if your starter qb is hurt, you are not left with a wr who played qb in grammar school as the emergency qb.

15. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Jeremy Kerley

16. vokab206

vokab206 Well-Known Member

17. june19

june19 Active Member

Field position that how the jets lost most of they games,every patriots game looks the same and the bills did the same with the jets.field position kills

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  18. Christian

Christian Active Member

McDougle didn't really do anything to cost us games. He was a decent depth guy who contributed on special teams.

My vote for most worthless is probably Devin Smith. He was drafted to be a deep threat and looked overall shitty anytime he tried to catch anything deep. He's also a big reason we lost to Buffalo the first time when he took a big shit on the kickoff that he fumbled which they returned for a touchdown.

I have faith this kid will turn it around but I doubt we'll see anything out of him next season since he's likely to start on the PUP list.

19. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Rex, is that you?

20. Cman68

You got me! :)