Jets Choke !

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Jan 3, 2016.

1. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

A glaring bad mve in my opinion. We pay for 2 "shutdown corners" Slowmarie and Mevi$. Said it before Mac got ripped off on that one

2. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

Fitz choked, without that INT in the end-zone the Jets at worst kick a FG and still have all the momentum. Without that first pick the Jets win by a TD, that second pick was the nail in the coffin, but that first horrendous pick was just terrible.

I don't want to see Fitz on this team next year, we need a real QB. Every Bills fan I know said "Fitz will pick the worst time to break your hearts with a terrible INT" and they were right.

This game was the Jets for the taking and Fitz just sucked, even sucking we were still ready to take it, but he had to suck even worse and throw a tide turning INT in the end-zone.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. NYJetsO12

I got hyped by the win streak too. But losing by the exact same score to Rex is eerie

This is a letdown from emotional win vs Pats who are better on a bad day than Jills. Speaking of which, they were beaten by Pats with all their injuries...how did that happen? and dont say its just TB. Bellishit knows how to win.

4. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

They did this all season long, aggravated me to no end. 2-9, throw a bomb. Every friggin time!!!! God forbid they do that on 2-1 where there's a makeable 1st down if it misses.

5. NYJetsO12

+1000

We deserved a better performance from the "overachievers". There were no ingame coaching adjustments. Just a poor shitshow all around. when is a team "ready for a playoff run" lets wait 5 years and find out??? Big missed opportunity with a weak AFC

Fitzy really let me down...is this a pattern? Thought he was using that noggen of his to learn something. Now sadly I am having doubts about him..and Bills fans were right ...this sux sux sux

Jamie Dukes on NFL Net is right there is the Bad vs the Good Fitzpatric

#145 NYJetsO12, Jan 4, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
  6. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

For the season he had, he deserves better then this. That being said, I totally agree with that if they got any points on that drive, I think they win.

7. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

I'm convinced that if they take the lead on that drive, the Bills pack it in and head home. Instead of the kick to the throat that would have essentially ended the game, they breathed new life into the Bills and that was that.

8. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Choked. Gagged. Blew.

Everything. The Jets really had a chance to do something these playoffs because they actually had a GOOD team. And yesterday happened. Flat from the start.

9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

We'll just have to agree to disagree. IMO if a team isn't really a true contender and doesn't win to get in, then they didn't choke, merely played to their level. I think this team greatly overachieved this season. It's been an emotional season in spite of Bowles' calm and steadiness.

IMO the only problem with Bowles' calm approach is that one had better have a dynamite team. The Jets don't have that team. There are certain games a season that are more emotional, and where desire can make the difference. That's the one thing in which Rex excels. He can get his team fired up for a few games a season. He probably didn't even have to work at it that hard for yesterday's game. The Bills had the chance to knock a hated division rival out of the playoffs. The Jets needed to be passionate yesterday. Now perhaps Bowles needs to learn how to be a better motivator for big games like yesterday, but I submit that with the playoffs on the line, if the players themselves weren't motivated and fired up for yesterday's game on their own, then we have a bigger problem than Bowles' lack of fire and emotion or ability to motivate his team.

As far as Revis and Watkins, we all need to face it that Revis is not the player he was. He was never a burner anyway. The only way he could even begin to cover Watkins by himself was to give him a cushion. Now I agree that the game plan was stupid. Watkins should have been doubled the entire game with Cro or Williams and a safety over the top. Revis should have been on their #2 WR. I can't believe how many catches Salas had yesterday.

I'm disappointed, but not crushed or devastated. I've made up my mind that I'm not gonna get too high or too low based on how the Jets play. (Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...) I knew this team was not that talented. One of the main reasons we had such a great season is that we had a weak schedule and so many teams in the AFC are lousy this year. In any other year, we'd have probably done well to win 7-8 games with all that we were up against. How many teams in the NFL can you look at and immediately find 12-15 players on the active roster that contribute little or nothing, are dead weight or useless, or worse, hurt their team with their play as starters/backups? Probably not too many. Tanny and Idzik screwed us. It didn't happen overnight and it's not gonna get fixed overnight. We have to be patient and temper our expectations or we're just setting ourselves up for frustration and disappointment.

Keep your chin up and hang in there. Better days are ahead.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  10. NCJetsfan

You're probably correct. Beating the Pats had to be an emotional thing for the team even in spite of Marshall's trying to calm the team down and say they haven't done anything yet. It had to have been an emotional season, with losing Geno to the punch, to starting hot, then hitting the skids for a few games, then getting hot again. We all know that there were what 3 or so comeback wins late in the season. They had to have taken an emotional toll as well.

The Jets and Bowles have to learn how to win as well. It's not an exact science. In additional to knowing Xs and Os, setting the tone in terms of accountability, discipline and expectations on the field, HCs have to be psychologists and figure out what makes their individual players tick as well as the team's psyche. One doesn't develop that overnight. It takes time. Too many posters on here had totally unrealistic expectations of the team and of Bowles this season imo. I truly think we have a great young HC finally, but we need to give him time to grow and develop. I'm sure that he learned a lot about being a HC, about himself and the team this season. He'll be a better HC next season for it.

TwoHeadedMonster and NYJetsO12 like this.
  11. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

This was a win and you are in game, I don't think Bowles needed to motivate this team any more. If they wanted to continue to play on the season, then that's all the motivation needed. To play for Fitz and Marshall, who have never played in a post-season game, that's all the motivation you need. This roster needs to be cleansed and the losers like Demario Davis, [who freaking celebrated a dumb-ass tackle at the end of the game, when the game was almost over for us], and Giacominis [who said this was the worst loss of his career, yet played like absolute shit all year long] need to be removed from the roster and replaced with players that want to win and are self-motivated to be great.

Bowles didn't need to motivate that team anymore. However, I do blame Bowles for lack of preparation, and I hope he continues to improve next year as a HC, that's all I really want from this franchise. Improvement, but I really want to know if they watched film of Sammy Watkins, because I don't think they watched an ounce of game-tape.

A great player like Revis should've helped make some adjustments out there, but he just continued to have that dumb look on his face the entire game. Is that not why they paid him 70M or whatever? How many yards off the receiver do you need to be? I think he's just playing for interceptions at this stage of his career. He needs to take a pay-cut.

Man, it's just frustrating that's how we go out and that's how they ended their season. Better days will be ahead I hope, but I really feel bad for Wilkerson right now and that broken leg.

12. NCJetsfan

You may be right. The Jets may even have won even if the Bills didn't "pack it in" following the Jets taking the lead.

Let me ask you this, however...were you one of the posters who thought that the Jets would win in a cakewalk yesterday, and that the Bills wouldn't even show up? If so, how did that turn out? I'm not trying to be a smartass, just point out that reports of Rex already having lost the locker room may be greatly exaggerated. Remember that it took several seasons here before players and fans grew disenchanted with him. Remember too that the Bills' owner and FO hired Rex even after supposedly knowing that he planned to switch their D from the 4-3 to the 3-4. We know firsthand how Rex's personality and enthusiasm can fire his team up. The Bills had been able to march steadily down the field all day long yesterday and the Jets' D not able to stop them. It's quite possible that the Bills would have marched right back down the field and retaken the lead.

13. NCJetsfan

I know it was a "win and in" game. I agree that Bowles didn't "need" (or at least shouldn't have needed) to motivate the team. If Fitz and Marshall are the leaders they're purported to be, they should have had the team fired up and ready to go.

I know it's just your frustration and disappointment speaking, but you know that they watched tape and that Bowles did his part to have the team prepared to play. The players have to execute and do their job. They didn't. Along with you, I think the ultimate problem is the players. The roster needs to be purged of players like Giacomini and D. Davis (as well a Cumberland, Quigley and many of the other players) who just don't have the physical or mental ability to get it done. It's going to take more than one more off season. The roster didn't get in this sorry shape in one off season. It happened over a 5-10 year period, and it's going to take Mac years to get this straightened out, even if he turns out to be an all-time great GM. We're going to have to be patient for a change. That will also give Bowles time to learn and grow and develop as a HC. Unfortunately, Mangold, Revis and Brick probably won't be on the team when they're finally ready to be a true contender. We're just going to have to accept that and move on.

14. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The billboards were a nightmare.

15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

16. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I don't think they watched a lick of tape [or maybe they were sleeping], hopefully we improve next year our game-plans and everything else. I am disappointed and I know this game doesn't define Bowles and Mac - I just wish they were more prepared yesterday and played with more heart.

At least I don't have to see that Demario dance anymore, that's always a +

17. 74

74 Well-Known Member

I thought that was a typo... So there was more? I turned the game off and walked away after the 2nd pick right after the 2 min warning.

18. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

I disagree totally... The D lost this game. It was tantamount to watching one of Rex's jets D not get off the field... how may 3rd dowds did they convert? How many 4th downs... The D played poorly, the zone coverage was BS and I saw no adjustments on D at all... One more point when you kick a 21 yard punt and give up 7 pts because the D had no containment then.... just saying. Fitz got us 10 wins, 60% passing and two 1000 yard WR.

19. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

yes and no... give credit to the CB he jumped the route and frankly Dec didn't run a great route. Also, Fitz had Mr I open in the flat with a lot of space between him and next bill but didn't see him... that is football it happens... T

20. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

NC your right they need to get rid of the bums on this team... I for one am please with the teams direction. We finally have "adults" running the store and making what seem to be cogent decisions. As you so adroit pointed out, Rome wasn't built in a day irrespective of what some posters may wish or want.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.