Bellicheck Chose to Defend in OT

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Dec 27, 2015.

1. UK_Chilts

UK_Chilts Well-Known Member

I'm reading match reports which are getting this wrong. Deferring means delaying exercising your privilege until the 2nd half kick-off. There is no deferral in overtime as it is only one quarter. They fucked it up plain and simple. That said The Jets still had to go and get the touchdown; which we did. So thanks. Over the last 30 odd years it's normally SOJ who makes those kind of mistakes. Perhaps we are genuinely getting better.

[we are going to lose next week aren't we?]

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  2. Going4TheGreen

Going4TheGreen Well-Known Member

It's pretty clear that Slater was trying to string together "kick" and defend "this way". If the Pats thought defending one direction mattered more than he should have said we want to protect "this" endzone and not said anything about kicking. He's a fool for it and he's almost a 10 year veteran.

Shit happens, even to vets. Doesn't matter because the Jets would have had the ball regardless and they went down and made no doubt about it. The Jets were going to win the football game.

FlaJet likes this.
  3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Your team got away with murder and you post shit like this? Holding on every f'n down AND a obvious facemask yet you expected to win why? Guess the Refs didn't see things your way today when it counted... You might wanna check their Fanduel accts.

Accept that your team lost today and show some class. You guys may be the champs, but you're not unbeatable nor perfect so come down off your high f'n horse already.

4. hastygreen

hastygreen Well-Known Member

they could have called a facemask on their center on that last td. It was clear as day right behind white on the replay.

Barry the Baptist and RPOZ51 like this.
  5. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Typical a-hole Pats fan response. Nothing that happened prior to the Decker catch indicated the Pat's wanted to lose this game. And is Belicheat stupid enough to jeopardize home field advantage to the Bengals too? Face it. Your beloved team was outplayed today and your genius coach now shares a place with Marty Morniweg as coaches who stupidly won coin tosses in overtime and kicked only to lose the game on the first possession by the opponent.

6. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

so why was the player surprised if it hadn't come from the sideline and Belichik? If it wasn't the player, and wasn't Belichik, who was it that left the player surprised?

7. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

Does that make you feel better or worse though?

8. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

In all fairness, MM was a horrendous head coach, and BB is still one of the best coaches of all time (as much as it pains me to say).

9. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

True, but BB pulled a MM in OT today

10. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Lolololololololololololololololololololol....

Sent from my KFASWI using Tapatalk

11. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

[​IMG]
    well, not the whole team

Red Menace, NY Jets68, 74 and 8 others like this.
  12. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

Im pretty shocked so many Jets fans are believing the leagues most infamous liar.

TNJet, NY Jets68 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  13. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I'm convinced you're a faggot. nothing else makes sense after reading this post

14. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

It should have been illegal hands to the face but a similar penalty, I started to laugh when Fouts made the comment about the 1st penalty of the game for the Pats coming with 1:24 left in the 4th quarter. I was like first one they've called today, not the first one committed.

15. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

A dumb one at that

16. Barry the Baptist

I actually do believe them, this is coming from a coach who treats the NFL rule book like it's Green Eggs and Ham. I could be wrong on this but I think Bellicheat was actually trying to manipulate the situation to somehow make the decision to kick and which direction to go. The ref knew they wanted to kick and I think that the decision did come from the sideline if further evidenced by the fact that Bellicheat didn't really have any reaction towards the ref. He knew he fucked up and just accepted it.

RageATL26 likes this.
  17. bartscott

bartscott Well-Known Member

Of course they wanted to win. BB is an egomaniac. It's like the drop kick against the Eagles. He wants to be viewed as the smartest coach that makes unconventional "genius" calls.

Can you imagine how hard the media would be blowing Belichick if the Jets had gone three and out and Goskowski had won it on a 53 yarder?

"We make decisions that are best for the team" was all he would say. He's a doooosch.

18. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

Its also a coach that tries to outsmart everyone..including himself.

In some cases I can understand deferring with the way the OT rules are now set. I know the Vikes did it earlier this year against an awful Rams defense. But when you have the best QB of all time AND a defeated crowd that just watched the Jets blow a 14 point lead , 100 times out of 100 I'm taking the ball.

I wonder if he would've made the same choice had this game meant more for the Pats.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  19. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Yup....Of course....

He's playing for home field. He has to win that game. He's not looking at it any other way.

There's nothing more to it. No master plan by the genius to back door the Steelers or some BS.....jeesh.

20. Barry the Baptist

Would you like some cheese with that whine? The scoreboard might show a Jets OT win but the Jets were clearly the better team today. A miracle defensive TD and a few desperation 4th down conversions (throw in a TD that should have been called back for an illegal hands to the face penalty) were the only thing that didn't cause this to be a 2 TD win by the Jets.

Quite being a French figure skating judge and own up to the fact that the Jets were better today. It was a close game in Foxboro as well so not like the Pats won that game by 30 points.

RPOZ51, NY Jets68 and NYJetsO12 like this.