Playoff Picture Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RobA, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Steelers lose to the Browns or Broncos lose to both Cincy and San Diego

2. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

So if Cincy wins tonight, Jets get the five seed if they win. I don't know about you guys, but I'd much rather play Houston than Denver/KC (plus it would give them the chance to avoid NE in round 2).

NYJFOREVER and James Hasty like this.
  3. Going4TheGreen

Going4TheGreen Well-Known Member

This win was so anti-Same Ol' Jets. Fucking perfect, with the Steelers looming from the overdog position, we beat our biggest rivals. We're gonna have some serious moxi going in if we pull out the victory next week at the Ralph.

4. cbman13

cbman13 Well-Known Member

Give me Denver....... They have no offensive line, no running game and may be starting Osweiler....... We wouldn't need to put up a ton of points to out score them

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  5. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

tomorrow night. I wish it were tonight.

6. BigGreenUgly

BigGreenUgly Well-Known Member

So we really need to beat Buffalo...hearing it may be flexed to SNF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

OP updated! AND THE HOME OF THE JETS!

8. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

Well after that ride of emotions, we should still ABSOLUTELY be rooting against KC and PIT next week, and DEN tomorrow.

we clinch if DEN and/or PIT loses out. And… we get the 5th seed if we win and all that goes down.

9. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

As I understand it Pittsburgh get in because of common opponents. No way they should get credit for beating the Browns twice. We only played them once. It should only count for one game.

10. Tballlz63

Tballlz63 Active Member

If we win against Buffalo next week And Denver loses tomorrow and wins week 17 against San Diego AND Kansas City wins week 17 we get the 5 seed in the playoffs. KC would win the AFC West and Denver is the 6 seed. IMO that's the best possible scenario.

The first scenario also happens if we win OR lose and everybody else (Denver, KC, and Pittsburgh) all lose out.

If we win against Buffalo and Denver wins out, Pittsburgh wins or loses week 17, and KC loses week 17 then we also become the 5 seed, with Denver the 3 seed, and KC the 6 seed.

Are those the only scenarios where we can get the 5 seed or am I missing something?

11. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

Nope, you got it.:)

In order to get the 5th seed we need A WIN AND either DEN or KC to lose at least ONCE.

OR

DEN (edit- I should say DEN OR KC) AND PIT both lose out from here regardless of wether we win or not.

ajax likes this.
  12. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Jets are in with a win or a tie next week against the Bills. Steelers must have a Jets loss or 2 Broncos losses to get in.

It's amazing how much difference a week can make. Now the Jets need to look at next Sunday's game and understand that the Steelers were sitting pretty until they lost to a team they should have dominated. Time to take a manageable opponent and beat them with 60 minutes of good play.

jdon likes this.
  13. Tballlz63

Tballlz63 Active Member

Thanks! I might be getting greedy here but I want that number 5 seed.

14. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

Maybe Im crazy but I still dont think KC is very good. They've squeaked out a lot of close wins against some really poor teams.

At this point I think its more likely we get the 5th seed , and a trip to Houston , but if we had the 6th seed and had to face them , I dont think it would be the worst thing.

Yeah Alex Smith is better than Weeden and Hoyer. But Maclin is average compared to Hopkins. And JJ Watt isnt on the Chiefs last time I checked. That franchise did win a playoff game with TJ Yates at QB so I dont think its as much of a cake walk as some fans may think.

But really just get me there and I'll be happy.

I agree about still rooting against the Broncos though.

Big Cat likes this.
  15. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'd rather get the 5th seed and play the Colts. Followed by the Chiefs, then the Texans.

16. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

People do realize they'd likely be rooting for us to play against a team we already lost to?

17. NYJFan10

It'll be the Texans barring them losing to Jacksonville at home (they already beat them on the road earlier this year) and the Colts beating the Titans - which who knows cause it's two bad teams with no QB playing each other.

18. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I believe this scenario is impossible. A Jets loss is one of the 10 hoops the Colts have to jump through to make the playoffs. If the Jets lose next week we're still out unless the Steelers lose again or the Broncos lose 2 and I'm not sure about the Bronco scenario either.

19. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

I never saw the steelers losing this game.

20. NYJFan10

What ten hoops? They're 7-8 and the Texans are 8-7. They win the tiebreak for the lousy AFC South if they both finish at 8-8.