Team spirit and locker room

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJETS4life24, Dec 23, 2015.

1. NYJETS4life24

NYJETS4life24 Active Member

Is this the closest team we've had the past 20 years?

To me it seems like the guys really enjoy each other and are a close knit group. They seem to be having a lot of fun. The friendship and spirit that marshall and Fitz has brought to this team has changed the locker room. That marshall and decker interview after the Dallas game was great. I love listening to marshall talk, he brings a lot of energy.

If not for the panthers being 14-0 Bowles would be coach of the year. He has turned a team that was considered a laughing stock and circus into a fun, close, winning football team.

JetsUK, JetsVilma28 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  2. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

I love team spirit. Goooooooo Jets!

[​IMG]

3. JoeWillie130

JoeWillie130 Well-Known Member

Agreed. Chemistry on this team is best in longest I can remember. Who knew Brandon Marshall would be such a good guy to have in the locker room as well as on the field.

greaser likes this.
  4. NYJETS4life24

NYJETS4life24 Active Member

He's been the complete opposite of what his reputation said he was. Just think we got this guy for a 5th round pick and for a top 8 reciever we got him for a bargain contracts. Revis gets paid as much as marshall and decker combined!

5. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Team spirit lol.....The only team spirit they have is when they get there paychecks

6. Going4TheGreen

Going4TheGreen Well-Known Member

Camaraderie was pretty high during Rex's first two years, despite Holmes being a douche nozzle his whole career and including when he got here in 2010, with the fly boys and Revis and Cromartie, those teams loved being Jets too.

I mean, Ladanian Tomlinson got a Jets tattoo.

I can't speak to any teams prior to 2001.

Axel3419 and NCJetsfan like this.
  7. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

+200 about TB although I can sometime be about as bipolar as the next guy with him. Lets see if we win out

Thank God for these new mood stabilizers. That and a change of scenery really did it for Marshall IMHO
    Now he has a good sense of humor that is as infectious as Fitz.

8. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

If the Jets were 4-12 Marshal would be criticizing the team and acting like a jackass just like he did everywhere else...winning breads chemistry and leaders.

9. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

Marshal has Borderline personality disorder he's not bi-polar...and that's not treated by medication it's treated by therapy.

10. Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous Well-Known Member

If my aunt had a dick, she'd be my uncle.

P.S. Your spelling is dreadful.

greaser, Ptflea2 and 74 like this.
  11. JoeWillie130

JoeWillie130 Well-Known Member

Marshall, and Fitzpatrick were complete steals. That along with Pryor and Decker bouncing back after down years has been the key to the season. And of course coaches Bowles and Gailey. It is nice to have a productive offense.

12. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

I smell a butthurt homer!

13. jetsfan920

jetsfan920 New Member

Have to say, at the beginning of the season, I thought this team would be hard to root for. It seemed like the spirit was gone without Rex & it was a group of veterans out for the their own individual statistics. Glad to say I was wrong.

NCJetsfan and NYJETS4life24 like this.
  14. Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous Well-Known Member

I am very level-headed by TGG standards. Maybe you're right that if this team were 4-12 Marshall wouldn't be a great locker room guy.

But he played with Jay Cutler, Marc Trestman, and Lovie Smith for the last few years and we didn't hear much negativity coming from him. If anything, he was the leader on those underachieving Bears teams, frustrated that no one gave a shit like he did.

So no, I'm not being a butthurt homer. I'm just pointing out how Marshall has been a markedly different locker room guy over the last four years, and that it's stupid to paint a "what if we were 4-12" picture because we are very far from that.

JetsUK, ajax, NCJetsfan and 1 other person like this.
  15. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

Could have sworn Marshall was criticizing the Bears and his "best buddy" Cutler all last year and on his way out of Chicago. My point was winning breads chemistry and leaders, acting like trading for Marshall changed the culture of the Jets locker room is what's stupid.

16. asbcheeks

asbcheeks Member

[​IMG]

17. 74

74 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. greaser

greaser Well-Known Member

I'm going to stick up for ubiquitous here.

You made a ridiculous statement based on conjecture and speculation.
    He's not being a homer he is calling you out for making an ignorant and negative statement about someone who has been an absolute joy to have on the team.
    I'm also sticking up for Marshall because he is arguably the best receiver to ever be on a Jets roster all while being one of the most responsible leaders on the team.
    So yeah.....STFU

Andy_M, PabloJa, joe and 2 others like this.
  19. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

It can't be. One of our posters said that Bowles has lost the locker room and that the team had given up. ;)

Seriously, it either is or is a very close second 2009.

Pocket Jet likes this.
  20. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Breads = something we eat, a noun unless one is speaking of dipping a piece of meat or a vegetable in a batter and then bread crumbs. In that case it becomes a verb.

Breeds = an act of procreation, an action verb, or a descriptive term talking about different types of dogs, cats, horses, animals, etc.

#20 NCJetsfan, Dec 23, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2015
    rinvesto and Pocket Jet like this.