CAN'T WAIT- Week 16: The New England Patriots at the New York Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JStokes, Dec 19, 2015.

1. strngplyr

strngplyr Well-Known Member

I believe thats actually the play he got poked in the eye, another angle shows it clear as day. I could be wrong, but that looks like the one.

2. mute

mute Well-Known Member

LaFail should play.

Sent from my KFASWI using Tapatalk

3. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

If Amendola doesnt play its a huge advantage for us. Our DB's always seem to have trouble with their "Welker-types"

If you can put 3 guys on Gronk and worry about Martin and LaFell beating you then I'm all for that.

LIJetsFan, NYJetsO12 and JetLifeLo like this.
  4. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Seriously, we played them close and could have beaten them the first time and here are things that have changed from last time.

- Jets will be the home team (Pats are near unbeatable in NE)
    - Pats without Edelman
    - Pats without Amendola
    - Jets gain Powell
    - Jets gain Enunwa
    - Jets gain Kenbrell Thompkins

Those 3 guys we gained from last time all had heavy hands in 2 of our last 3 wins, whereas the 2 missing Pats receivers played a big role in beating us last time. I'm quietly confident about this game.

LIJetsFan, NYJetsO12 and irishwhip03 like this.
  5. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

Was pulling my hair. Said it to my wife on the very first play, Cowboys were just waiting for it. This seems to be our pattern and I hate it.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  6. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

Plus hopefully this game features a healthy Pryor throughout.

The game changed drastically when he got injured up in NE last time out.

7. Diabolical_Jet_Fan

Diabolical_Jet_Fan Well-Known Member

8. strngplyr

strngplyr Well-Known Member

There likely won't be any "Welker types" for us. Amendola is practicing IIRC, but the team would be idiotic to play him. Edelman is recovering from a broken foot, one of the worst injuries for a WR. He won't play. Gronk-LaFell-White-Martin is our Pass Cacher depth chart for this game.

Gronk isn't easy to stop, but when he's the ONLY threat, it becomes a lot easier. LaFell has been lack-luster as our #2 or even #3 WR this season, White has been phenominal when given the chance but he rarely receives that chance, it all depends on the NE coaching, and betting on any NE coaching is a death knell.

9. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

"Can" is a subjective term in this context. I'm telling you , the Pats will play more guys than you think and they will play this game all-out.

10. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

I wanted to see how long I could subject myself to the most rigorous form of torture last night. So I tried watching the first part of Bill Belichick, A Football Life. I'm afraid to say I only lasted 15 minutes before I deleted it. Id have better luck with the Ol' KGB Sleep Dep trick....

Axel3419 likes this.
  11. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

1st play to Witten for 15 yards against Davis, scared me, they could have used that all day till Davis was mercifully pulled, he reminds me of Vance Joseph In coverage

12. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

If Edelman and Amendola don't play.. can we pleaseeeee put revis or cro on gronk with safety help.. might as well blatantly take him out of the game as well, make their RB's and Scott Chandler beat us..

LIJetsFan and NYJetsO12 like this.
  13. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Shoot for his knees

FlaJet likes this.
  14. NYJETS4life24

NYJETS4life24 Active Member

Don't forget Ivory, he basically didn't play against them. Got injured first play from scrimmage.

15. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I hate that Amendola...if you check his stats 75% of his catches all come in the 4th quarter when TB needs his clutch 3rd or 4th down completion and that Big Moose Gronk has 2 guys on him

16. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Nice list, but I think sweeping Miami was a big goal. I've said it before but one of the worst things about the Rex era was how he would not focus on beating Miami. As we saw this year they were eminently beatable, and it is to Bowles's great credit that he realized the importance of beating Miami as a divisional opponent thing.

Wish I could say the same about that first Bills game, though.

You gotta take care of business in your division. It's coincidental this year with the last two games being NE and the Bills. But winning out means a winning division record. Not winning out means the Jets do not even merit playoff consideration. THAT part is not a coincidence.

macbk likes this.
  17. BigGreenUgly

BigGreenUgly Well-Known Member

If anyone in this thread is going to the game do me a favor and try to get people in your section to stand up and be loud. No one should be sitting for this game. Watching home games on TV its a very lifeless stadium. A lot of empty seats at kickoff and constant moving up and down the aisles. That stuff doesn't happen when I go see the Jets play in Buffalo. Place is a madhouse.

stinkyB likes this.
  18. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I don't think the stadium is designed for a loud or raucous atmosphere. I've went to 3 games this year: Philly, Washington, and Buffalo. Philly the stadium was DEAD because the team was ASS. They were horrible up until the final 10 minutes when the stadium got loud and excited. Washington the stadium was good when the Jets started to pull away, but once the game got ugly & out of hand for Washington people started to leave. The Buffalo game was the craziest experience I've ever seen. When the Jets were making their comeback and every time Buffalo had the ball everyone was standing and cheering like crazy, or at least in my section. When they muffed the punt on the 13 yard line, I have never experienced something so crazy in my life.

I have NO DOUBT in my mind that Sunday vs New England is going to be exactly like Buffalo was for those final 8 minutes of game time. If the team performs, it gives the fans something to cheer about. If they come out like they did against Philly in the 1H, expect the boo birds.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  19. JDeacon

JDeacon Well-Known Member

I expect the crowd to be similar to week 2 in 2010 when we hosted the patriots. That stadium was bumping and we controlled that game from the 3rd quarter on.

20. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

Add to it Pryor who once he got hurt Amendola took over.