I THINK BILAL POWELL IS ON PED'S

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by biggundewayne63, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Cidusii

Cidusii Well-Known Member

Loving the Ivory/Powell duo.

Question: Why do we keep giving Ridley snaps? It's painful to watch on the field. He just hasn't been able to get anything going.

PapaBurr and socaljetfan like this.
  2. socaljetfan

socaljetfan Active Member

Cut the bull. He showed some decent speed and elusiveness, even being compared to a lesser Curtis Martin with his ability to block and catch well but NEVER did he just fly by people on the field like this. Even the retarded Phil Simms remarked that "he looks faster now than when he came into the league". He really does. I hope we keep him.

3. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

Lol, come on. He NEVER looked this fast before this season.

4. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

I hear you. Hell I'll help pay for them.

5. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Shouldn't receive a single snap. Ivory and Powell can handle the load.

6. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

I def think there's been a slight improvement, but he's always been shifty and faster than he seemed, Gailey's just scheming him into the open field with greater frequency, plus with Marshall and Decker having such great years, people forget about him.

Passepartout likes this.
  7. Passepartout

Passepartout Active Member

Yeah as he has been a slight improvement. Just really needs to keep on improving.

8. fansince90

fansince90 Well-Known Member

Guys, I haven't posted in a while, but as soon as i saw this heading I had to comment. I've been noticing this burst as well...I remember he said this is what he specifically trained for this off-season. He clearly did not begin the season running like that...was he injured and now he's fully recovered and now we are seeing the fruits of his labor??? Or is he actually juicing? I hope not but he's looking like a starting top five running back with shades of Tomlinson and Faulk. If he can run and catch like this consistently...I'd have to consider him as the starter next season.

PapaBurr likes this.
  9. BleedgreenIII

BleedgreenIII Member

I thought the same thing about Ivory early in the season...next week I will probably think its Fitzpatrick on PED's :) BUT the real reason is we have an OFFENSE...suddenly everyone looks better...Enunwa might get 100 yds on the Pats...Just enjoy like I am...

10. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

Lol, he HAS.

11. Jets4eva9011

Maybe for one rare game he did, but he NEVER looked this fast consistently.

12. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I bet he's on probs.

13. DaBallhawk

Stop it already. You don't just periodically look fast/slow that's not how the body works. It's really pathetic how the one guy who worked his butt off the most in the past, the guy who never got any credit, the guy who always flew under the radar, suddenly he's in a perfect offense, has a good QB to feed him, two great receivers outside to open up the middle for him, and now our own "fans" accuse that guy of using PED's. Just amazing.

14. Jets4eva9011

Oh, I'm not saying or accusing him of being on PED's, but he NEVER showed type of burst before, at least consistently anyway.

socaljetfan likes this.
  15. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

hold on a second here. You can think Powell is quicker now than ever before and still not think its PEDs. Watch the guy play, its obvious he has more burst. but it doesn't necessarily mean you think he's juicing to say that..

You can absolutely be faster one year over another. A guy can get quicker by working out the body to be faster. Strengthening fast twitch muscles and improving gait are the most notable way to gain speed in the offseason. There are millions upon millions of dollars spent in this country on gyms and trainers designed to do that very thing - get a guy to run faster.

Another may be that Powell is 100% healthy and fresh right now. he might not've been for quite some time.

I do think him finally getting an opportunity is helping but I also don't think he was ever this quick. That doesn't mean I think he's on the PEDs... (if he is, keep it up though!)

16. DaBallhawk

That's the equivalent of me saying in the past it used to rain less, just based on what I might have remembered. It's just totally random and subjective. I don't see any difference at all, I see a guy who is now being utilized perfectly, a guy who has a good QB that can feed him, a guy that's finally healthy, a guy that has a lot of room over the middle, a guy that gets less attention from defenses, a guy that is just simply playing well and with a lot of confidence. It's just completely moronic to accuse him of using something, based on absolutely nothing. I get it with Watt, Peppers, Peterson, guys like that. Powell? It's absurd.

And when exactly did you notice that suddenly he's so much more explosive? When did that happen? In camp? Preseason? Week 1? Week 13? From what I remember he hasn't shown anything in the preseason. And I also remember a lot of Jets fans bashing him for the 1st half of the season, not making plays, being injured. Then he's back, healthy, he plays well and suddenly he's on steroids. Just crazy. I know it's not you but there are some that do just that in this thread.

17. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Rather than accusing him of cheating, perhaps he is stepping up his game because he is an UFA at the end of the season?

PapaBurr likes this.
  18. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Whaaaaaat? You want to confuse the issue with facts and reason? What kind of Jets fan are you? Don't you know you're only a "real" Jets fan if you're hating on the CS, GM, owner, and every player? ;)

19. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

From August

"Powell credits the increased amount of big plays in camp to an increased effort spent off the field to improve his explosion. Powell said he worked countless hours doing hill drills and leg workouts in the offseason to add an extra burst to his game.

“In year five, there’s no such thing as getting faster,” Powell said. “Right now, it’s about being able to explode and working on acceleration. That’s kind of what I keyed in on this year. I like how it worked. I’m feeling pretty good. I feel lean. I’m looking forward to this year.”

http://www.scout.com/nfl/jets/story/1575205-bilal-powell-showing-extra-burst-with-jets

20. biggundewayne63

biggundewayne63 Active Member

Phil Simms agrees with me