TGGFFKL 2015 official offseason thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by wildthing202, Dec 26, 2014.

1. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

It just seems like in general it's that kind of year in fantasy where you almost invariably have to overcome disasters/injuries from big name players. My other team it's even worse than just having Peyton (and Bradford) bomb and having a maddening RBBC in Denver, my other team my first three picks plus one keeper - you only get that keeper for one year - were Lynch, Dez, Davante Adams and Luck as a fourth round keeper. I traded up for Lynch and Adams there too. That ain't working out too well lol, I'm 6-6 there after a 4-1 start but still with a playoff shot. I mean really how much safer does it get on paper than to have Luck, Marshawn and Dez as your triplets in a 12-team league?

At least that league I won the previous two years though. I am pleased over being one of the few teams to make the playoffs three years in a row here, in a 16-team keeper that's something of an accomplishment, especially in a division with two other perennial contenders but it'd be nice to get a trophy at some point. I'm not solely talking about a title either, I don't have a trophy/banner for anything in 4.5 years lol.

#81 NYJFan10, Dec 2, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
  2. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

I was pretty lucky that week, he had some starters on a byes IIRC.

I know the "best" strategy in PPR keeper/dynasty leagues is usually to load up on WRs. I think given our league it's QB first though. It's very hard to win with a bad QB, because the point differentials are so high. With Gurley in particular, I think he's special ala AP and Tomlinson. I wouldn't have traded one of those guys as a rookie, unless it was for a windfall of players/picks.

3. Organized Chaos

Luck, Marshawn and Dez in week 1 would have been very safe to me.

I've been playing fantasy since 1999, and this is the worst season I can remember as far as injuries.

In my money league I have Luck, he was playing poorly at one point so I traded for Big Ben, who proceeded to get hurt the week after. It's really been that kind of year.

I'm in a Dynasty league with a superflex spot, where I just took over the team this year. I pulled off a bunch of trades for Luck and Rodgers, both of whom have underperformed, but somehow I'm winning with an odd mix of scrubs like Danny Woodhead, Lance Dunbar (until he got hurt), Rawls, Langford, etc.

4. NYJFan10

I don't neccesarily disagree about QB...having Peyton as a keeper and having Bradford (who looked dynamic in the preseason) as an early pick should have been more than enough to shore up my QB position. In hindsight I would have been much better off with Carson Palmer obviously but I wasn't sure he'd make it through sixteen weeks either, and I wanted to attempt to get someone for beyond this year since it was at least 50-50 going in that this year was it for Peyton. Lesson learned, next time I'll worry about next year next year and not trust Chip Kelly :p

Of course this year QB's been just about as unpredictable as any other position in general though. At least the fact you have so many other positions here helps including defense, if the top teams average 140 or so points a week and the top QB's get 25-30 that still leaves a lot for other positions. Of course if you're only getting 10-15 from QB you really need to hit on other positions to get to that total.

#84 NYJFan10, Dec 3, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
  5. NYJFan10

btw speaking of QB's I'm still mad at your predecessor for handing over Rodgers to dDay for Doug Martin and Flacco (even if Martin's actually been good this year) :p

#85 NYJFan10, Dec 4, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
    Organized Chaos likes this.
  6. dBLitzer28

dBLitzer28 Active Member

I gave him Doug Martin right after he had that 250+ yard 4 TD game. Flacco was just a QB throw away since he needed another QB. :)

7. NYJFan10

Well looks like I'll come up a bit short unless Jordan Reed goes Gronk-like nuts tomorrow. Maybe there'll be a rematch in two weeks anyway (if I get past the first round, which won't be easy). The Namath division's unforgiving, either way second best record was going to get stuck with the WC.

Hopefully I at least win a playoff game this year or I'll be the Marvin Lewis of the league.

8. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Lol. As soon as I was out of the playoff race my team can't stop scoring. Messing up my draft pick.

9. Organized Chaos

Looks like your game is going to go down to the wire Swamps.

Pocono Mountain MSUJet should win unless really bad Eli shows up.

10. Organized Chaos

I am too! First think I tried to do was trade back for him! lol

11. Organized Chaos

Talk about selling high. Good move!

12. 74

74 Well-Known Member

MSU who do you want for DJ

13. NYJFan10

It's great drama that both games are coming down to tonight's MNF but an excruciating wait till then. I'll hopefully be okay with Jones/Landry against Vernon making up a ten-point difference if Landry isn't a total non factor like last week and doesn't limp off with an early injury a la the Bengal players.

I'm glad Jordan Reed gave me a chance at least, I'll never second-guess that pick again.

Hah well you made up for that about as well as could be hoped for over time. Either of your guys would be a huge upgrade over my mess, which basically all season has been the fantasy football version of picking between Ryan Lindley and John Skelton.

14. NYJFan10

He has two DJ's actually lol

15. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Haha he does. Johnson not Jackson

16. NYJFan10

Is it too early to start taking the victory formation? Looks like finally my first playoff win barring Vernon going all Khalil Mack and Landry/Jones doing zilch from here in...guess I'll just wait and see whether I'm playing dDay or Chaos depending on the result of the other game (if BBC holds on I'm playing dDay for sure, not sure if ESPN reseeds but if they do and MSU wins I play Chaos).

Either way I'll need to pull a couple more rabbits out of the hat going forward. Especially if Stewart AND Landry are both hurt for next week, my lineup could get very...interesting :p

Or Lamar Miller has a monster game lol

#96 NYJFan10, Dec 14, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
  17. NYJFan10

Looks like both lower seeds got this one and no reseed after all so the semifinal matchups are both recent division rematches:

1) dDay Blitzers (10-3) vs. 5) New Jersey Swamps (9-5)
    Previous matchup: Week 13 - dDay beat Swamps 160.5-134.6

2) Kotite's Revenge (9-4) vs. 6) Pocono Mountain MSUJet (9-5)
    Previous matchup: Week 12 - MSUJet beat Kotite's Revenge 122.1-89.94

Guess me and dDay were supposed to play an elimination game AGAIN this year after our last-week showdowns for playoff spots the previous two years. I suppose we'll play an elimination game every year till he gets his revenge on me. Our matchup for the division/bye was merely the appetizer this year, like the old MLB All-Star game commercial says, 'this time it counts'.

#97 NYJFan10, Dec 14, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
  18. dBLitzer28

dBLitzer28 Active Member

I think you got this in the bag. I have pretty bad match ups all around

19. NYJFan10

Honestly before the game I thought you were full of s*it :p I did not think I was beating the best team in the league with waiver wire QB/RB starters and a TE Flex. I'm glad you were right though (but seriously, Kirk Cousins?! SERIOUSLY?). As good as our rivalry is, I hated playing you in two huge games this year with Marshall/Ivory, way too much of a conflict to ignore. At least the Jets won both those games so I don't have to have misgivings about it after the fact lol.

Both games were very close in the predicted scores and both games became blowouts. Now we have #5 vs. #6 for the title, amazing. I just hope I can follow this one with one more win, unlike the last couple years where I got bounced the week after bouncing you.

Either way another good season dDay.

Sidenote: Glad I wasn't playing MSUJet THIS week...geez 203 points and counting.

#99 NYJFan10, Dec 20, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2015
  20. NYJFan10

I vehemently protest the trade being disallowed. Kotite's Revenge is out of it this year and not keeping both his QB's next season, Gordon by all accounts was the best WR in football two years ago and it sounds like he's committed to coming back and trades should be allowed for the whole season in a keeper league regardless since now the deadline got retroactively changed.

Or at least not have the rule changed in season. Other teams have tried to work out deals on the board over the last few weeks, so clearly they felt trades were allowed the whole way through and this deal was agreed to in good faith. There was no deadline last year either btw.

#100 NYJFan10, Dec 22, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2015