Is this it for DD?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Alexg, Dec 13, 2015.

1. Alexg

Alexg Member

Latimore and Henderson sure are playing solid. Have a feelin Bowles is not liking what he sees in DD (notorious for poor angles and unable to cover backs) and might start weeding out some of Ryan's favs.

donkey likes this.
  2. IBLEEDGREEN17

IBLEEDGREEN17 Well-Known Member

about time, guy is a total scrub

3. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

That fact that Cromartie is still starting tells you NO

4. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

Could we convrt him to rush backer? He's got some talent for it.

5. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Yea he does have a little burst to him off the edge. I remember Rex using him as a pass rusher at times in his rookie year, he might be better suited there because the dude struggles against the pass.

6. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

He'll hit FA next season, he's not gonna be back. Some other team will offer him a starting ILB job in the 3-4 (Bills, Colts, Bears) or a WLB job in the 4-3 (Buccs, Dolphins etc.). He's not gonna be back to rotate with Erin Henderson and we're not gonna pay him more than those other teams either. Which I'm fine with. He's not worth it. He's effective when you blitz him but that's about it.

nyjcanada and LIJetsFan like this.
  7. DRC™

DRC™ Active Member

It seems that's what they're doing with him on passing downs now. He lined up as a DE a few times today

8. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

I hope so. I despise DD and never really got the hype he got from a lot of fans and Rex... He pisses me off so much.

9. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Hey they are trying to find a role for him...the defense looks better with the other MLB's in there alongside Harris...maybe Davis canbe that edge rusher alongside Mauldin...

10. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

DD has looked good at rush backer. Maybe they end up converting him there?

But he'll likely go to a team that will play him at ILB, so it's all for moot anyway.

#11 Jets4eva9011, Dec 13, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2015
  11. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Jets D looks better with Henderson than it ever did with DD. I am starting to think he's a goner too.

12. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I like the idea of converting him to OLB. But more than likely he's gone after this year.

13. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It'd certainly be interesting. The one thing he does extremely well is blitz because he has a good sense of relentlessness and a very good motor.

The problem is that he doesn't have the size to play the position on running downs so he'd have to do it situationally. He'd get blasted off the ball and wear down quickly trying to take on tackles that have a hundred pounds on him all game long.

Turn the guy into a special teams ace at this point. Put him on punt coverage, and all of the units.

Just another pick from the Tannenbaum era that is a subpar player and goner after his rookie contract unfortunately.

After he leaves this offseason if he doesn't take a special team players salary, that'll leave Antonio Allen as the lone returning player from the 08, 09, 2010 and 2012 drafts on the roster. And yall think Idzik drafted poorly?

Good to know he's going to dismantle Miami's roster for a couple years before he's fired.

#14 Jonathan_Vilma, Dec 13, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2015