Thank you Fitz

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJFan10, Dec 6, 2015.

1. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

I thought this was Fitz' best game easy. I never even considered the possibility he would throw an INT, something I envisioned EVERY time Sanchez or Geno dropped back. He knows when to run it, too.

#141 jdon, Dec 7, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2015
  2. jco2007

jco2007 Active Member

Well, if that's the case then I salute you. (I don't really keep track of everyone's stances on all subjects). It's refreshing to see some positivity when everyone else is negative. I just happened to disagree with that particular post. It's all good.

3. jco2007

jco2007 Active Member

It's weird though, Skrine was pretty damn good in coverage earlier in the year. No Revis probably plays somewhat of a role.

4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Dee Milliner must be deep in the doghouse to see so little playing time given how things have evolved with the Revis and Williams injuries.

5. Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous Well-Known Member

I had an epiphany during the Oakland game.

I was still on the fence about Fitz versus Geno and the risks/rewards they brought. When Fitz got knocked out of the game, I immediately had a terrible sinking feeling and lost confidence in the team. Geno hadn't even thrown a pass yet.

That cemented my hunch that Fitz was the perfect guy to lead our team this year and possibly next while we search for The Guy. He's such a confident, calming presence. Leadership we haven't had in years. And his play recently had been outstanding.

6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Fitz followers better thank Gailey also for exposing the Giants defense in the middle of the field. Decker was putting in WORK on that drive where he had 4 big time catches.

Big Cat, hastygreen and JetLifeLo like this.
  7. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

FITZ DESERVES A CONTRACT EXTENSION! TODAY!!! 3 YEARS!

LET HIM ROCK AGAIN NEXT YEAR AND BE OUR BACK UP BEHIND PETTY FOR THE LAST 2 YEARS! (IF PETTY EARNS IT)

8. PapaBurr

PapaBurr Member

Ho ho ho Fitzmaaagic
    You knowwwww
    Never believe its not so

9. PapaBurr

PapaBurr Member

Gotta give gailey credit as well, he had an exceptional game plan
    Those slip screens to counter that aggressive giants D was a nice adjustment

10. jsyankees12

jsyankees12 Member

I've been critical of Fitz's play this season (not his leadership, he's an awesome guy to have around), but I gotta give credit where credit is due. He played unreal today, love the chemistry he has with Marsh

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  11. WhySoSerious488

WhySoSerious488 Well-Known Member

Sometimes a guy needs the right situation, or something late in his career after many earlier mistakes, for everything to click. That is what happened to Rich Gannon, what happened to Vinny. I am not saying Fitz will ever play on the level of those guys at their peak (and he certainly does not have Vinny's physical attributes or Gannon's smarts on the field), but he could play at his highest level from age 32-35. It's not like he has ever relied on physical ability, outside of the occasional scramble. We are a good enough team where we will not be picking high in the draft any time soon. It may not get us a SB victory, but for now I can live with Fitz as "the plan" for the next 2-3 years unless something else pops up that we simply cannot pass (Brees, Rivers, etc.). And for 2016, I am fine with the current depth chart, unless the team has seen enough from Petty to simply release Geno, although I don't think that is the case right now.

Not every team can find a Brady, Rodgers. It's easy to say keep swinging for that but 6 years of developing young QBs did not get this team to the promise land. For where this franchise is, a veteran presence for the next 2-3 years that will give above-average competent QB play, works.

12. gulbane

gulbane Member

+1. This.

13. hastygreen

hastygreen Well-Known Member

He seems to be better in the slot for some reason.

14. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Here's my concern:

Fitz has a rep of fading down the stretch. Mostly due to being battered and bruised going into December. His 2 yrs in Buffalo he was sacked 52 times, many were violent sacks.

What's been the difference THIS season is Fitz has been sacked fewest times of any QB in the league. Up until this last Giants game, it was unusual for Ftiz to be sacked at all. Today he was slammed over and over again, sometimes withing 1 second of the ball being snapped.

I don't know what the Giants did different, but if this continues we are in trouble.

O-Line and game planning need to keep Fitz clean and on his feet for us to make the playoffs and do well once we get there.

LIJetsFan likes this.
  15. Diabolical_Jet_Fan

Diabolical_Jet_Fan Well-Known Member

#155 Diabolical_Jet_Fan, Dec 7, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2015
  16. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

And for featuring Powell as a receiver.

17. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Thanks. I truly wasn't trying to denigrate Fitz' performance yesterday or what he has meant to the team this season. It was just something I noticed, and since it was only the 2nd game this season I've been able to see, it stood out.

This site has become almost unreadable because of all the fire Bowles lunacy. I've been reading and posting on Jets fan sites since their advent in mid-to-late '90s, and I don't recall ever seeing so much negativity for no reason. It's like some posters have forgotten everything they ever knew about football and the NFL, or never learned anything. It's disgusting. I'm about ready to quit the site I'm so fed up with it.

18. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I barely post here anymore and it's for the reasons you've outlined. I think a big part of the problem is how young some of the people are that are so doom and gloom. We are a bunch of geezers, the youngn's rule the Internet now.

19. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

While I agree with the overall premise of your post, and every other point, I disagree with the bolded sentence. The Jets have not spent 6 years of developing young QBs. If they had, Sanchez would not have seen the field until at least his second season, if not the 3rd. The same goes for Geno. In addition, we wouldn't have had idiots like Schotty, Sparano, and Mornhinweg trying to develop those young QBs. When have the Jets ever had an OC or QB coach who was considered a QB guru by the experts and who had a track record of success with QBs? I can't think of a single one. For the most part, they've hired a bunch of bumbling, clueless doofuses and expected them to get the job done.

20. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

For some reason, all caps in parentheses always gives me a chuckle.