Why Was Calvin Pryor Benched?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Dec 6, 2015.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Can't one also get stingers elsewhere? I'd swear that I've heard of players getting hip stingers before.

2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Good point. I thought the very same thing watching the game. I'd love to add the refs why they didn't penalize him. Stupid Ian Eagle and Dan Fouts didn't even comment about OBJ taking his helmet off.

3. ArsenalJets

ArsenalJets New Member

So Pryor got hurt after trying to light Odell Beckham up? When? Has someone got a video of the play that hurt him?

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

It's the play where he blew him up in the endzone shortly before the half. Probably on the NFL.com play by play, and probably not hard to find if you really care about it.

5. ArsenalJets

ArsenalJets New Member

Bart Scott on Calvin Pryor (19 Aug 2014): "He has to really adjust his technique and use his shoulder more and learn. He's a bit of a launcher. He reminds me a lot of Bob Sanders. He's explosive and dynamic, but it's not always about making the big hit all the time. It's about making the smart one, securing the tackle. He's going to pay the price. When you're a big hitter, you hurt yourself and you hurt other people as well. It takes a toll on the tackler, too."

6. bartscott

bartscott Well-Known Member

Ronnie Lott was like that late in his career. When he was a Jet it seemed like he would lay himself out on every hit.

7. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Pryor had a good game,big play batting the ball down in Eli's face

8. klecko73

klecko73 Guest

This happened the last few weeks by players against the Jets and the refs didn't call it.

9. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Pryor is a baller

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Nope. You can't have it both ways. If he's hurt he can take his helmet off. If he takes it off to draw attention, that's a penalty. Judgement call.

LIJetsFan likes this.
  11. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

The stinger sensation travels down the spine and it can affect your legs. I believe, saying you have a stinger in your hip translates to experiencing the nerve pain from the neck injury in your legs.

12. LIJetsFan

LIJetsFan Active Member

John Conner was a half was decent FB until he got a stinger and after that he became a wuss, IIRC.

13. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

He sure kicked better than Josh Brown last time I checked. Next to useless - I think not.

[​IMG]

14. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

OBJ got flagged for delay of game for that kick. Worst penalty of the day with Colon's sidelines Unsportsmanlike the runner up. That call is going to get made every time on the field, Colon's call was kind of weird.

15. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Zebras were trolling the Jets ...Giants got most of the calls but in the end we won

16. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I was scratching my head over that one - illegal kick/bat was personal foul [or that's how I remembered] so I was shocked when that infraction was called for only 5. I checked the rulebook - it must have been 2015 thing. [2015 rulebook clearly states that's delay of game, 5 yard penalty.]

P.S. It was supposed to be a joke.

Br4d likes this.
  17. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

After watching the replay unless he just knocked the wind out of himself when he hit the ground i don't think he was hurt. He gets embarrassed after drop passes and acts like a pouty little kid about it (see overtime play). He does it all the time he's a brat, the NFL's widdle baby cuz he makes cute catches and does all the modern dances in the end zone. They let that shit slide b/c it was Odell and the OT ball kick was just too blatant for them to not call but even that took an unecessary like 10 seconds to throw the flag.