Former WSS Opponent Sheldon Silver Convicted in Bribery Case

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by klecko73, Nov 30, 2015.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

political corruption from the man convicted of bribery

2. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Silver--with heavy ties to Dolan and Cablevision (and the competing MSG and the Javits Center ) didn't want it and had the power to veto it.

Here's a cool article that described the world class stadium that was going to be built.

http://ny.curbed.com/archives/2015/..._jets_very_nearly_got_a_west_side_stadium.php
    _

3. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Not defending SS in the slightest, but I'm having a hard time believing that stadium would ever see the light of day under the best of circumstances, just from an urban planning perspective.

4. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

i'm convinced Mara was meddling as well..
    that move would have made the Jets the football team of NYC, while over time, the Giants would be NJ's team.

still pissed at Woody for giving Mara what he wanted tho, and partnering with him in the shadow of Giants stadium.
    returning to Queens should have been Woody's plan B.
    the whole sharing stadium debacle is Woody's biggest fuck up imo.

JetsVilma28 likes this.
  5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

One of the many things about that stadium that would've been so cool is, at least from the proposed design, how it would've contained the acoustics making for a really loud environment inside and a hell of a home field advantage- -

[​IMG]

I remember when they built the Seahawks new stadium, that designed the stadium with this thought in mind and how they could built the place to keep sound in, not out. notice the resemblance, how both stadiums are built up - not out

[​IMG]

now compare it to that concrete, generic, ovaled POS new meadowlands stadium that is built based on the design concepts from the worst eras of stadium building (70s/80s), where they didn't focus on the application and more on how to practically spread as much people in as possible. It spreads OUT.

We could've had the loud, home field advantage that Seattle has today just based on architecture really, and if they sprinkled in a good team than damn even better.

- this is in addition to being so awesome to be in manhattan, our own stadium, etc. which folks have already expressed

#25 BrowningNagle, Dec 4, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
    74, JetsVilma28 and BacktoQueens like this.
  6. 74

74 Well-Known Member

It's always something with the Jets...

7. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

If you do a Google search of the nicest or greatest or coolest stadium in the world--there are some incredibly beautifully designed stadiums.

This would have made all those lists.

Our stadium is a lifeless boring shell that looks like a hollowed out window air conditioner.

We're New York City--the greatest city in the world.

We should have a world class stadium--the greatest stadium in the world.

Instead we got dreck.

_

Brook! likes this.
  8. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

This "attorney client privilege" scheme happens all the time by the way. This is not the first time I have heard of such a plot. In the retail industry some suppliers/manufacturers/importers will give kick backs to retailers in the same fashion. All you need is a corrupt General manger (retailer), corrupt lawyer (personal friend), and corrupt maker (supplier/manufacturer/importer). Corrupt maker produces and ships merch at relatively high margin cost; seeks 'legal advice' from corrupt lawyer; and corrupt general manger collects kickback. Impossible to trace the kickback bc of "attorney client privilege." ;) Retail is one of the most corrupt big businesses in the country. 'white collar crimes run rampant'. Although, cash works well in the same way, difficult to trace. Tougher for Silver while he is being watched more closely by the fed. There are probably 1000's of people guilty of the same or similar crimes; albeit probably only 100s holding public office.

And this has nothing to do with the thread....but was anyone ever arrested for the financial crisis in 2009? Seems like the only one's who paid a price were the one's following the rules. Fucked up world.

All about the bennies baby $$$$$$

9. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Would have heard the stadium chanting J E T S JETS JETS JETS from the tip of the dick all the way to the bronx, and across both rivers. Giants fans would have been beside themselves every Sunday hahah

I don't mind the stadium we have...Obviously the west side stadium would have been 1000000x better for a Jets fan that lives in Manhattan or surrounding boroughs; max convenience. Sharing a stadium is probably the worst aspect of our current situation. And changing trains at Secaucus to be herded like cattle sucks. But other than that...the experience is still awesome!

10. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Hey now... We could combine 1 and 4!

LogeSection2RowJ likes this.
  11. fltflo

fltflo Active Member

Bottom line here, Jets the only team without there own home. Have never had there own home and with one of the most loyal fan bases in the NFL, there is just no excuse.
    Woody should have built out in Queens or Younkers and made the Jets the true New York football team.

Cman68 likes this.
  12. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Interesting that the renderings of the proposed west side stadium do not show nearly the levels of suites that MetLife was built with. Suites are fine - I mean, I'll never be in one, but I don't care if others want to waste cash on them. But what does suck about them, especially at MetLife, is that they push the upper bowl WAY to high. After row 5 or 6, the Upper Bowl seats aren't very good and certainly not worth their price. Why do you think the scoreboards are at Mezz level? Upper level is too damn high. Another factor is the MetLife suites also have escalator systems within them that we never see. That took needed escalators away from the rest of us. The place is an unmitigated ergonomic disaster for most fans trying to get upstairs. That first year had actual fearful situations. It was dangerous. Yet, some a-holes were given design awards for it.

I wonder if the Upper Bowl seating would have been at the height that they appear to be in those renderings, or if it would have changed and made higher. I doubt Wood-Yi would have resisted having that many suites in a Manhattan Stadium. But If that was the case, we can blame our current configuration on the hallowed Football Giants. The organization seemingly blessed by NFL Gods. (sarcasm) The thing about it is fellas, that Manhattan deal would likely have priced most of us out. It would have been for the court-side MSG Knicks-paying crowd.

13. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

that damn stadium in seattle is the best built football stadium i have seen. i bet you 1/3rd of that stadiums seats are covered and it shows that whoever made those decisions understood that it rains all the fucking time, we want an outside stadium without some little beanie hole in the roof and we want to keep alot of folks dry.

AND we still want it to be loud as fuck just like that dome piece they used to have.