Playoff Picture Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RobA, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Hey, we have a tiebreaker over the Steelers? Let's go!

2. Big Cat

Based on remaining schedules, I'd say the Jets and Chiefs are the best bets.

3. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

They're built to win now, but no more so than any other team. They have vets who can help, but if they don't can be cut next season and replaced with similar players.
    What I would look for would be improvement by Bowles as a coach and continued high energy performances by the young guys who did well today (Smith, Enunwa, Leonard Williams, Mauldin, Henderson, Marcus Williams.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  4. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

All we have to do is win baby. We still control our destiny

5. thirtyoddfreestyle

thirtyoddfreestyle Well-Known Member

im buying my superbowl tickets now

6. Big Cat

Presented without context or reaction: Rob Gronkowski is being carted off the field with what looks to be a serious knee injury.

7. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

Yup, I'm a Texans fan here on out.

God I hate that it's come to this.

8. Big Cat

No Gronk, Edelman, Lewis, Amendola. 4 games back with 5 to play and a head to head. Do you believe in miracles?

Damn, I wish we would have won that game in Foxborough. Would have given us a fighting chance. No way it happens now.

Royal Tee likes this.
  9. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I wish we won alot of our shitty losses...It is what it is. Lets just make the playoffs.

irishwhip03 likes this.
  10. Big Cat

Yea but it especially stings because of how long it's been since we won the division. Could be 2 games back with a head to head still to play. Would've made for an incredibly exciting stretch run.

11. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

As exciting as it is that we are tied for a playoff spot after the 4 miserable years looking back at the last 6 games we are 2-4 with the only wins coming against Florida (Jax and Mia). What's worse is with the talent we have we should be 8-3/7-4 not 6-5.

Next few weeks should tell us if we were in a slump and we've figured it out or if we really don't belong this season. Huge game this week and to follow it there is no reason we shouldn't beat Tennessee and Dallas giving us back to back AFC East playoff implication showdowns with the cheater and the obnoxious moron.

12. jxc

jxc Active Member

Poeman likes this.
  13. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

Its pretty crazy how the Jets team have mirrored the fanbase ... bi polar through and through lol. it seems obvious we need momentum and we gotta come out and grab a lead cause as good as Fitz can play he stinks when the team falls behind.

The bright spots from the game...
    Kerley woke up with that huge punt return.
    We scored heading into halftime something we haven't done in years..
    Our defense against the run holy wow 12 yards allowed 12 !!
    Pryor is the real damn deal
    Williams should be a starter for good !

Say what you want about our HC and GM but our D is in the top half of the league in almost all categories and in middle of the pack in offense with a journeyman QB after a miserable few seasons I'm liking our direction...yes TB seems to repeat a few of the same mistakes and is a bit loyal to the old guys but I'm sure with time he will learn.
    Too many men penalties...burning timeouts...giving up huge plays into halftime etc etc are a beautiful thing of the past and I'm loving it.

What a day all around just about all our playoff spot rivals lost (cept the ones who played each other) I'm not getting my hopes up cause we could easily lay an egg next week but I'm gonna enjoy tonight !

TwoHeadedMonster and NYJetsO12 like this.
  14. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

JetLifeLo likes this.
  15. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

Big Ben might be out another game at least with his history of concussions. He's been on and off the injury list a lot this season.

16. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I doubt a concussion keeps Ben out. I understand it's an independent neurologist but something tells me he'll beat the tests err pass the tests to play.

The best thing we can hope for at this point is definitely to see the Colts start losing and Houston take that division because they're on fire. Can teams stop 40 year old Hasselback for christ's sake?

JetLifeLo and irishwhip03 like this.
  17. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

We got the wrong result in the Buffalo game. Would have been much better for us if they beat the Cheifs. It's unlikely that KC finish with more than 7 losses now, and we'll lose to them in a 9-7 tie. That said, if we beat the Giants next week we'll still be in petty good shape for the 6 seed with 4 games left.

18. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

we just win out and we don't have to worry about that.

19. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Let them wipe their ass with those Terrible Towels...

I hate Pitt and Rapelsburger sec to the Pats

20. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

Don't know if i cn agree with this. can't put pryor and the d-line aside that's 5 of our 11 starters on D.... Skrine and Gilchrist are only 26 and have 5 year deals.. Marcus williams is going to be here going forward he's only 24. Cant forget Mcdougle and Milliner. Mauldin is a rookie starter now. Demario is young but he's booty... we can draft some MLB's this year. Outside of Pace Revis and Cro our defense is all young guys 26 or under.