Sanchez Kicking Ass In Philly

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by JetsKickAss, Aug 19, 2014.

1. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i saw the 5-5 for 67 and a td come across and said... wait for it... a few minutes later it was 5-8 and then it was all down hill from there.

my disdain for mark starts with the fact he was an over rated usc douchebag. the fact that this board went head over heels in man love with him from day 1 made me just about sick. then when i said it was a mistake because sanchez isnt very good i got fucking lambasted. for months and months and on to years with the horseshit of the fellows who left quite some time ago.

then the junc just put it over the top with his continuous mind twisting about everything sancho.

and the fact that he was an over rated usc douchebag who set the organization back what amounts to over half a decade, and yet folks still defend him.

now had we seen the writing on the wall and didnt have idiots running the organization who gave him a huge contract on his second contract i probably wouldnt have quite the disdain for him as i do.

that said fuck sancho

2. Cellar-door

Cellar-door Active Member

He started out pretty well, but once they got down big and he had to throw every down the wheels fell off.
    Their defense was so bad it didn't matter who started at QB though.

3. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Sanchez is and always has been a TO machine. Why do people think this will suddenly change?

slimjasi likes this.
  4. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

This has always been his biggest problem (among others). He tries to be the hero and forces plays that aren't there. Watched it for years here, amazing he hasn't learned.

5. Pocket Jet

Pocket Jet Well-Known Member

LOL. I guess you feel he is a USC douchebag?

jco2007 and alleycat9 like this.
  6. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Defense lost the game for sure, but it's also illustrative of Sanchez and the fact if you need him to carry a team by passing bad things happen. He's at his best when there's a run game and his pass attempts are limited in number.
    He's still an inconstant passer who's prone to turnovers. He has the makings of a good game manager if he would just learn to take care of the football.

7. BrucekilledBoomer

BrucekilledBoomer Active Member

That loss was on the defense and the pick 6 was in garbage time. :p

slimjasi likes this.
  8. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I get the overrated USC douchebag part but how did he "set the organization back what amounts to over half a decade"? Did the set back happen before or after the AFCCGs?

9. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

not to bust your balls, but isn't that every qb who ever failed in this league?

NYJ79 likes this.
  10. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Mark will right the ship this Thursday on Thanksgiving, as the Eagles get a much needed win against the Lions.

11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

and what a burn burner that game will be! talk about an elite matchup of professionals at the top of their games!

is it at least the 4:00 clock football game so we can hit our turkey/beer fueled coma and pass out throughout the game? if not- will the NFL consider paying me to watch that garbage game?

12. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

It is actually the 12:30 game. :D:D

13. alleycat9

he came in in 2009. the team was very good. he "led" them to a 9-7 record that year and an afc divisional round playoff victory. he rode the coat tails of a very good team the next year as well. while performing better than the dog shit he performed like in his rookie year but still not the piece that could put them over the top.

its now 2015, do you see our qb situation? the jets spent a total of 60 million dollars on him and held on to him for at least 2 years too long. but they had to because they gave him a bad contract.

14. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Our current QB situation is Sanchez's fault and 2 years is half a decade?

15. 1968jetsfan

Trust me, you're not busting my balls on that, I'm a big critic of Sanchez's play while he was with the Jets starting in his third season and really driving it home starting on his 4th season. He would show glimpse but he never took the next step. Maybe he'll be a late bloomer and figure the game out in his 30's. He remains a QB who in his 7th season, 6th playing, still hasn't had the game slow down for him.

FJF and slimjasi like this.
  16. BigGreenUgly

BigGreenUgly Well-Known Member

Poor Nacho

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. 1968jetsfan

Not surprising.

18. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

The bolded is the salient point.

I am among the biggest Sanchez critics in the world and I think the people who incessantly defend him on this message board are generally delusional fanboys, but I don't see how he set the franchise back "on what amounts to over half a decade." I mean, he was the starter here for 4 years. He was atrocious in two of them (2009, 2012) and in the other two, he was anywhere from average to mediocre, depending on your point of view (2010-2011). We definitely stuck with him for too long, but regardless, he ultimately played himself out of the starting job (in 2012) like he was always going to. And now, he's on another team, playing the role of perennial backup/stopgap.

As for the Sanchez Stans, there is no question that they can be hard to take. But, they mean well. The thing you have to understand about them (and about all fanboys in general) is that they are in love with an idea. It's the same sort of thing that happens when a guy can't let go of a relationship that has run its course. You think you are still in love with this woman who you have been with for years, but in reality, you are in love with an idea. You are in love with the way she was when things were good. You are in love with the way she used to be. You are in love with memories. Sanchez Stans are in love with their memories of the Jets winning playoff games with him as a starting quarterback. They romanticize him, just like a guy who wants his ex back romanticizes her. They replay the good times over and over in their heads, while ignoring the bad times. They create an unrealistically positive, romanticized version of what actually was. We all know the Sanchez fanboyism that continues to permeate this message board is not based on an objective, rational assessment of an overtly below average quarterback. It's based on being in love . . . not with an actual person, but instead, with an idea.

The Uniform Bomber and alleycat9 like this.
  19. alleycat9

sancho was here 4 actually 5 years. he was an abortion all 4 years he played with 2010 being his least bad season.

if they had not given sancho the second contract and realized in 2011 that he was not going to end up being any good we may just may have a little bit better of a qb situation than we have today.

he wasnt good his first 2 years. dont fool yourself into thinking he was a top notch qb those 2 years. year 1 he played poorly but was a rookie. year 2 he showed some flashes but still showed the same issues as he did in year 1. year 3 was backward to year 1 levels. and its been all down hill for him since.

i get it you like him, you probably think he led the team to 2 afccg appearances and nobody else has done that and he deserves credit for that.

20. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

This is Sanchez, in a nutshell.

alleycat9 likes this.