Cimini: Fitz called an audible on first 4th down and last 3rd down

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by geno75, Nov 13, 2015.

1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The problem is Davis didn't even run a route like he had any chance of getting the ball. He ran up field then when it was ready to cut he turned his back to the end zone and started backpedaling.

And both 4th downs you have to throw it beyond the marker whether Gailey called it, Fitz called it, or my cat called it. They're all morons for that Marshall play and they all must've been down .5 a point in a PPR fantasy league. SMH

2. Jonathan_Vilma

He honestly might not be a big butt-sex guy tho.

Cman68 likes this.
  3. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Agree with you there.

_

4. mgjetman22

mgjetman22 Active Member

I would like to see what a healthy team could do again also. We've had some bad injuries in some pretty key spots. Ivory, Pryor, CB's, O-line and who even knows what Amaro can even do at TE.
    Special teams has to get fixed, we are flat out horrible on special teams.

5. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

Every team has a ton of injuries at this point. We've actually been pretty fortunate as far as season ending injuries.

6. PabloJa

PabloJa Well-Known Member

He was not the GM, you dumbass.

7. PabloJa

He wasn't even the Texans' GM, some people just don't know what the fuck they're talking about and just yap as they see fit but in reality they're just ignorant.

8. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

Maccagnan wasn't the General Manager in Houston; so he didn't 'build' anything there.

9. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I heard Boomer Esiason say the same thing Friday morning, and after watching the play again I agree. Something happened with one of their routes. Once they collided the timing was off. Play doomed for failure. Those who say all Kellen needed to do was turn around and look to catch it are wrong. He was a few yards away from it. Clusterf*ck any way you slice it but it may have been Decker's fault.

10. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

What was Kellen Davis doing on ON THE FIELD with the game on the line??????????????????????????????????

11. Jonathan_Vilma

He did turn around, he didn't continue to run to the pylon which is what I'm assuming was the route. If he does he gives himself a chance at catching the ball.

12. bartscott

bartscott Well-Known Member

Here did I write he was the GM? He was scouting director, basically in charge of bringing in talent. So my point remains....Dumbass.

13. DeezNuts

DeezNuts Banned

Cman, can you please tell us why you predicted 8-8 prior to the season starting?

14. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Glad you asked....

1. Rookie HC: Always has a learning curve of some sorts. In this case, a DC having to learn both sides of the ball. We're seeing that learning curve happen right before our eyes. It ain't pretty...
    2. New OC : Gailey had been out of football several years before his "comeback". IMO, he should have stayed out as his system, although better than MM's, still isn't good enough to win consistently.
    3. Qb: Do I really have to go into detail here? Geno? Fitz? Petty? Bueler?
    4. Wr's: see #2
    5. Defense: Rookie HC who was a former DC along with a new DC. New terminology, formations, packages, responsibilities..
    6. ST's: Been a disaster since before Westhoff left.
    In the end Deez, too many moving parts to make a well oiled machine run efficiently. Too many new things to learn. Geno getting his jaw broke certainly didn't help but I'm not so sure it would have mattered as Geno would have had to start over in yet another offense. That would have been his 3rd in 3 years?

To sum it up: Too Much "New" to really make a difference. I salute TB in getting this team to 5-4 considering we only won 4 games in 2014 and the last two came very late in the season. Its still my opinion that we did ourselves a disservice winning those two games as it did nothing for the team except drop us to 6th in the draft order.

We're a long way from 2014 but we're still a long way from the Patriots. I say that because we still haven't learned how to win the close games. That comes with experience. Everybody's experience CS and players.

We have once again entered "mediocreville" but at least this time, it should be a relatively short visit. I'm thinking 2017 for this team to be in serious contention. Right now, our defense is good, but not great. Our offense is a work in progress and our special teams is a total clusterfuck.

8-8 is still my prediction. That 4-1 start was one helluva teaser wasn't it.

Truth be told, I'd rather they hired Dan Quinn but since I'm all growed up, TB is my HC and I'm supporting him.

#54 Cman68, Nov 16, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
    TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  15. PabloJa

The Texans are not something he built, they are something Rick Smith built. You're sarcasm implies that he built that roster and that isn't any good, the thing is, his input just counts in the draft since he was the College Scouting Director, COLLEGE, he didn't, for example, have anything to do with Glover Quin been let go trying to save some bucks, that's the kind of decision that has put the Texans in the position they are. You can't pin on Maccagnan the failed success of Houston, which is what you're implying. He's hasn't even been here for a year and you're already criticizing him, I mean, seriously? After having John Idzik as the GM? You're the kind of fan that everybody hates.

16. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

It was the other 20 bad plays that he called that he is getting called out for.

17. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

Those TV guys don't know shit either, their guess is as good as ours. I have a hard time believing that on 4th down in crunch time with the game on the line the one guy who has been praised for his crisp routes over his career would run a wrong route. No way. I think Davis pushed him off his route or ran the wrong route, which why he probably stands there in the endzone like a 4 year old that got lost in the mall, not knowing what to do. Decker was also seen yelling at Davis after the play, and later when asked about the play he said somebody messed up. He'd have to be pretty spineless if that "somebody" was him.

18. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more. In 4th down situations, you have to go with your best players. It's not just this game either. Numerous big 3rd and 4th down plays have been going to people like Devon Smith and Kellen Davis. I get that it doesn't always work, and sometime WRs are covered, but I feel players like this are still very green and should be worked into the game on early downs first before relying on them in do or die situations with tons of pressure.