What a disgrace...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by klecko73, Nov 12, 2015.

1. PhillyJet52

PhillyJet52 Member

I agree with you completely. Things seem to come together once they run the ball as it sets up the passing game. To me, the run game went away against NE and has yet to come back. I can see them trying to do something different against NE but go back to it. If Ivory is banged up, mix it up. I know that Stacy got hurt tonight and Powell is out but what about a toss or a screen to Ivory.? Get him in space and let him run. Obviously, he looked more like himself today as the game went along.

The fact that we have no TE hurts.

rohirrim665, FlaJet and NYJetsO12 like this.
  2. dogg

dogg Member

Even the giants eventually got it right something this stinking green pile of crap franchise has never done

3. PatsFanNH

PatsFanNH New Member

Jet fans, your very much in the drivers seat still. You face a god awful Texans team next while Rex and the bills head up to the Razor to face the Pats. I am thinking there is a better than 80% chance you guys have the #5 wildcard spot slot by Tuesday morning.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

No way. Not with the worst coach in the history of football coaching the Jets. Didn't you get the memo? :rolleyes:

NY Jets68 and dawinner127 like this.
  5. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

We're 5-4 with Houston and Miami coming up. Both winnable games. If the Jets can go into the Giant game at 7-4 I think we'll be in decent shape.

Mistakes made the difference today, and the jets had more mistakes than the Bills. This has been an ugly stretch, but it only takes one win to get you back on track.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

NYJetsO12 and dawinner127 like this.
  6. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Stop saying that. Many games are winnable, but we can't seem to get the job done. This is the NFL, you know, that any given Sunday type of game. When we beat ourselves like this, I can't take any team for granted.

NYJetsO12 and TNJet like this.
  7. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

So you wouldn't consider the next two games winnable at all? Despite how they played against Buffalo, I think they can definitely beat Houston and Miami.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

8. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Of course we can, but Rex Ryan is locked up in Buffalo so what's the point?

9. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

Great idea..Let's replace him with Geno...:rolleyes:

10. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I can't tell the difference between this post game thread on TGG and the post game thread on the Jags web site.

11. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

We all knew that this team was not ready for prime time. We need a top QB and and best Fitz is just a stop gap(Geno is a no gap). Petty should slowly see game time. We have to see what he is or could be, I was ready for a 8-9 win season. JMO

12. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Depends on which team shows up.

13. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

the game was a complete abortion. on both sides. in all facets. it was not good football. i could point out 15 different things where i was like wtf is going on right here how the hell does that even happen in a professional football game.

there seems to be alot of that in the nfl these days though.

14. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

The loss hurt. After the game I thought this must have been how Seahawks fans felt after last years Super Bowl. Down most of the game, but fought back and had the ball at the goalline with little time left. Win and your Super Bowl champs. But then you abandon your playmakers (Beastmode) and try a cute slant pass that was picked. Game over. You lost. So for the folks that think this only happens to the Jets think about that loss...

Watching Rex hoot and holler after the win was pretty pathetic. Typical asshole Rex. His team lost that game. The Jets get two yards and they get a new set of downs and can just blast it in. If that happened Rex loses playoff contention, loses his team, fanbase, possibly his job. The Jets threw him a life raft. The Jets had the momentum but couldnt close the deal. Not because Buffalo shut them down, the Jets beat themselves with bad play calls and bad execution.

But instead of just walking out there and shaking hands with former teammates Rex has to run around yelling and screaming like he won the lottery. Despite the loss I am happy to be done with him.

Also, some bright spots:
    1) Ivory and the running game improved.
    2) Fitz and Decker played pretty well again.
    3) Offensive line only gave up a few sacks.
    4) Jets blitzes and sack totals are increasing
    5) No major breakdowns in coverage (No Cro, no cry)
    6) Rontez Miles belongs.
    7) Mauldin had another decent game
    8) Bohannon made some plays
    9) Harris is having a great year, Dmario Davis with a sack and lead the team in tackles.
    10) Mo Wilkerson... 2 sacks, great game.

Areas to improve or players to fix or flush
    1) Devin Smith. Last week he was on a milk carton. He should have stayed there.
    2) Brandon Marshall needs to get healthy and stay away from the NFL showtime show. He needs to do better.
    3) Stevan Ridley. Nice job, glad we waited to see that effort.
    4) Buster Skrine. Where has he been?

dogg, NYJetsO12 and FlaJet like this.
  15. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

I don't get it. Despite new players, new coaches, and new opponents, this team makes the same fundamental mistakes and coaching errors year after year after year. And people wonder why fans say "same Ol' Jets?"

dogg likes this.
  16. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

Biggest disgrace.....the Bills tried to give the Jets the game with that muffed punt snap. We blew it plain and simple. This team is too inconsistent to be considered good.

The defense looks great some plays, invisible at other times.
    The Offense only shows up for a half game.
    The special teams seem like they forget teh most fundamental aspects of football (block, TACKLE, stay in lanes).
    And turnovers are so erratic, +4 one game -3 the next, the fumbles were inexcusable! there were no bone jarring hits, Ivory and Smith need to put the ball away on contact. Thats taught in friggin pop-warner!

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  17. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

I thought you guys were in the getting better stage? I think the Jets are better than last year. Give the new HC a chance.

Never been a Chan Gailey fan though.

18. ColoradoJets

ColoradoJets Member

I'm not sure how you can say Fitz and Decker played well. Decker dropped yet another critical third down pass that hit him in the hands and Fitz was garbage most of the game. He was the one who kept changing the play to a wide receiver screen on every third down that we didn't convert. I think this was Fitz's worst game, at least right now it feels like that. The first quarter he threw some Tebow-esque passes. I agree that Miles looked pretty good and Mo was a beast. Pay him.

19. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

Yes, that drop was bad, but Decker had a clutch 4th down over the shoulder grab in the next series and followed that up by a great catch for a TD. Decker was fine.
    And Fitz wasnt garbage most of the game, sorry. He makes one more play and the Jets win the game and he is one of the heros. The 3 play calls on the goalline were what killed the Jets. 2nd and 2 at the five you hand the ball off three time. Put Sheldon Richardson in and have him blast it through to get the first, then have him blast 4 more times to the goal line. That would have been a great finish and a big F-U to asshole Rex.

20. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Have a look at Woody's hires at HC

Belly (quit after a day)
    AG (quit after 15 games)
    Deacon Herm (Moved to KC to avoid firing)
    Mangini
    Rex
    Now Todd

Quite a list when U put it down on paper right? :mad: