Week 9: Jets vs. Jaguars Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RobA, Nov 1, 2015.

1. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

all this tells me is that Mangold is a crucial lynchpin for our entire running games success. Johnson more or less did what one would expect of a back up, but up against such a quality run D as it is we didn't have a chance of establishing a threat up the middle.

and once again, I'm not expecting that to be the case vs JAX.

2. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

the game was already over and the coaches were calling run plays on 3rd and long and punting also... who cares? Obviously they werent interested in a come back. Yes they were very dumb plays on Geno's behalf and i hated it but they were just as dumb as the play calls and it wasn't the REASON we lost.

3. IBLEEDGREEN17

IBLEEDGREEN17 Well-Known Member

failing to snap the ball before the two minute warning was frustrating too.

look, no one is questioning his physical talent. Geno made plenty of great throws. Many mentioned this here already, the guy just doesn't have the smarts to be a decent QB. Running out of bounds instead of throwing the ball away & unnecessarily dropping back deep are just two mistakes he made consistently in his rookie season & 2nd season. The same mistakes continue through his third season.

#103 IBLEEDGREEN17, Nov 4, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
  4. TonyMaC

the last few minutes of that game were atrocious on Geno's part, irregardless of an otherwise solid relief effort up to that point.

The game was more or less out of hand by then but damn that sack was an abomination, one I can only assume he took a chance on in some vain ill-advised attempt to make a big play in a desperate time.

But even then I'd daft say we're sunk if plays again. In fact something tells me its not wether Geno starts or not that will define this outing, but wether Mangold, Marshall, Pryor, and D.Smith do.

The other pieces aren't as likely to crumble this time out, not against this jaguars team.

5. TonyMaC

because we're the better team and we're at home, DUH.

how is it that we've gone to the mentality of a 1-6 team in one fucking week?

We have a fucking winning record and a schedule of teams not nearly as well coached and talented as the previous two we've faced, chin up jets fans… holy shit.

Kerley Shuffle likes this.
  6. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Your points are all correct...the only defense I would hazard to give to Geno is by the end of the game I think the kid was severely broke down and probably concussed. Geno got absolutely destroyed on that sideline play; and later on the play where he failed to step up into the big pocket in front of him (the play were he got the wind knocked out that forced Fitz back in for a few snaps). By the end of the game I'm not completely sure if Geno was completely sure of where he even was... He probably was seeing stars and tweety birds flying around

7. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Yea we're better than them and at home, but it's weird to be almost a double digit favorite when your head coach admits he has no idea who's playing QB and one possibility is a guy who isn't supposed to see the field for 2 years

8. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

My heads up. We are 4-3 and right in thick of things for a WC Birth, but nearly 10 point favorites is ridiculous. Jax is coming off a bye. We have no idea who is playing QB and our roster is littered with injuries. 8.5 points is a shit ton.

TonyMaC likes this.
  9. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

We will most likely have an answer on the starting Qb by the end of the day, today. Bowles said on Monday he would have a better idea Wednesday.

10. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Fitz, Geno, Petty all in pads and practicing. Heavy protective glove for Fitz. Bowles presser after practice.

11. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

Just one of many tweets. Fitz is a tough dude wouldn't be surprised if he pulls a Carson Palmer and plays through this all year.

12. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

My assessment of Geno Smith was based upon two plus years of play and one game where he looked OK in a loss does not make up for it.

The interception is part of the larger problem of Geno Smith's history of making bad decisions with the football.

No, I did not see enough from Geno Smith last week for me to absolve him of his past sins.

No, one partial game with 2TDs and 1 INT where we lost was not enough for me to believe that Geno Smith has improved to the point where he can be trusted and relied upon to take this team to the playoffs and beyond.

It is not a matter of hate but a lack of confidence in a player who has repeatedly made horrible decisions on and off the football field.

To change my opinion he needs to win games and limit turnovers.

LIJetsFan likes this.
  13. James Hasty

The Raiders put 8-9 guys in the box to shut down the run and Geno failed to make them pay dearly for it.

You think the result would be the same if someone did that to Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Manning (either one)?

14. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

Pardon me but I haven't seen anyone blame geno for the lost. What they criticize him was for repeating the same old mistakes.
    I don't think he will ever be the starting qb unless injuries happen.

15. JetLifeLo

I just seen Rodgers throw for 75 yards. Manning hasn't done well against any defense this season.. and regardless now your to the point you want elite play from Geno? lmao.

16. JetLifeLo

Bro it's a new season. Why are you going off of his rookie year with a shit show coaching staff and a supporting cast of a D3 college team? And last year the whole team sucked. Nobody was good..

If the defense played good and Geno played the same game he played but we won then what would you say? Bc he only had one turnover lol. And Marshall dropped a nice pass that would have put us on the 1 yard line maybe even end zone in the 4th.

17. James Hasty

Change your name to Geno's Mom already.

You criticize Peyton Manning and want us to accept Geno as a equal or better player?

Seriously?

It may be a new season but that does not mean that Geno Smith is suddenly a different player all of a sudden.

Also, whether I am talking about his rookie year, last year, or this year it is all the same.

Two garbage touchdowns against the Oakland Raiders in a loss does not establish Geno Smith as a legit starting NFL quality QB.

I would love to see him prove me wrong but he has not done it yet.

18. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

Bowles looks like Lawrence Taylor in his presser. :D

Fitz will start, Geno will be the backup unless they have setbacks.

19. JCLA

JCLA Active Member

Well, hopefully fitz will be able to hold onto the football.

20. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

Based on todays practice he should be fine.

More from Bowles:
    - Marcus Williams / Bailey getting reps at safety. Miles may be called up.
    - Mangold won't play without practicing first. Doesn't sound too optimistic.
    - Marshall probably plays.
    - No extra reps for Henderson.