How much of it is on the coaches?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by irishwhip03, Nov 1, 2015.

1. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

This board was flooded with pro-Bowles threads when we were 4-1.

Now we're about to be 4-3 and it looks like everyone is quick to all of the sudden blame the players,

To me Bowles deserve a lot of the blame. And I was willing to give him a break on his horrible game management last week in NE.

But if this game doesn't scream 2012-14 Rex Ryan's Jets , I don't know what will.

Makes you wonder just how much of that 4-1 start was because of our garbage schedule.

2. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Well obviously defense lost us the game, but we've been good every other week (including the 2nd half of Philly). Special teams is a disaster and I am not sure why Bobby April still is employed here. Let Bowles take over special teams duties or let an assistant get a crack at it.

3. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Last week the coaching was overall pretty good. This week the Jets players looked a stepped slower and out of position and more reactive than attacking. That's probably more on the coaching.

Granted they had to work around two key injuries which may have played a part. Out depth is not a strong point of the team with poor and limited drafts in the past.

4. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

This coaching staff is going to be fine.

Hell, this defeat is going to be a good thing. The vaunted defense being humiliated, being 4-3, and the injury to Fitz will force us out of any complacency we would have had at 5-2 with the league's best statistical defense.

5. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Didnt Bellicheat stink it up in Cleveland?

Bowles is who he is a rookie HC surounded by a good GM and former HC Gailey

If Petty is the second coming of Jesus Bowles will start to look decent IMO

Otherwise he inherited a low average team and he himself has to toughen on players and defensive coaches smh