Week 8: New York Jets vs Oakland Raiders thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by talisaynon, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Yea, this loss wouldn't be the end of the world, it's actually one of the hardest remaining games. If they win this one they're looking great for a wild card.

2. WhySoSerious488

WhySoSerious488 Well-Known Member

Yeah, certainly not a must-win by any stretch, and I agree fans will freak out if we lose. I see it as 50/50. Fitz has played two good games in a row and I'm not sure we can pencil him in for a good outing every week, especially on the back to back of road games. If he turns it over a couple times, this is the type of game that gets uncomfortable. Raiders have a more traditional outside WR passing attack that we are set up better to handle than the Pats passing attack. I don't think they run the ball well or do anything particularly well on D. We are road favorites, which is slightly surprising. I'm sure Raiders fans look at this as a winnable game for them.

3. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Mangold's X-rays came back negative, still going through tests, but THANK GOD!

ajax likes this.
  4. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Honestly, I'm going to be okay with the Jets drafting a "round-appropriate" QB (meaning not making a ridiculous reach for someone when there is obviously much better value at a different position in their draft slot) every year for infinity until they find the right guy. You can only play the guys you have and the Jets are never going to have their QB if they don't keep drafting them.

5. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

If you want to be a playoff team this is a game you go and take care of business

Imagesrdecieving likes this.
  6. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Our game is dependent on Miami/NE? lol

7. Chadchrebet

Chadchrebet Well-Known Member

Stop putting words in my mouth. I think it would give us an emotional/mental boost. All things considered we should beat Oakland, but the mere fact of losing for the 8th time out of 9 to New England stings a bit more.

8. NYJETS4life24

NYJETS4life24 Active Member

Should be a good game but I like our chances of Revis locking down cooper, the front 7 shutting down the run and a great defense causing some turnovers against a second year qb (a good second year qb)

9. NYJETS4life24

NYJETS4life24 Active Member

Every game is a big game. Especially when we are facing an Oakland team that will be in the competition for the wild card. It very well could come down to a tiebreaker and this game might make the difference you never know

10. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

I hear ya. I think we need to worry more about Miami than NE anyhow. Not that I think the Dolphins will contend for one of the Wildcards, but we never know.

11. jetlife21

jetlife21 Well-Known Member

Carr is promising but I'm not buying future pro bowl QB or anything.. He's not outplaying Fitz right now. They have the weapons to move the ball. Cooper is going to be a huge test for Revis Island but if Revis can shut down Cooper our D-line definitely shuts down Latavius Murray. Cro should get the better of Crabtree. I don't see an easy win but our defense should be too strong.
    We win this game if our offense stays on track and Ivory improving on yesterdays performance and playing how he's been all year should seal it.

12. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Also passed on numerous WR prospects in one of the deepest WR drafts ever. Another wonderful thing to add when judging that draft.

13. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

Let's shut down Cooper and Murray and have Fitz stay way away from Charles Woodson. He already picked one noodle arm QB twice in one game this year.

14. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

The first game that made me feel this Jets team/regime is different was the Redskins. Those after-bye games were guaranteed losses. Was very happy to see them turn it on in the second half and finish off the Redskins. As they were delivering the early knockout, it felt like they were also establishing themselves as something different. Smashing their old, bad habits too.

This upcoming game is also a big one for the reasons you brought up. Old Jets would be so emotionally flat, that they'd have no chance this Sunday. Hoping once again to see this regime's Jets rise to the challenge and show us that they are a new team with new direction. I don't think the Raiders are an easy opponent but I'd love to see the Jets come out sharp. Show us that they've already moved on from NE

15. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Great news. Without Mangold, I don't think Jets have a shot to make the playoffs. Until I see decent backup C performing on the field, I'm still shell-shocked from the last time Mangold needed to miss some playing time. Of course on a personal level, I'm also ecstatic when any player (regardless of team) can come back healthy.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  16. hermshadit

hermshadit Member

I think if we played at Oakland yesterday we probably would have lost. I feel like coming off a win we would have taken Oakland lightly and would have got caught looking past them. After the way the Raiders won yesterday I'm sure they have our full attention and if we lose at least it won't be because we looked past them.

17. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I think with the kind of effort we had yesterday against NEP we'd of beaten Oakland. We almost beat the Patriots. As for this Sunday it first depends on if Bowles can win on the West Coast. He did a real good job on the London trip. And if the team comes out flat after a tough loss. It's a lot easier to beat Carr than it is Brady. I think we win by 7.

18. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

terrified of this upcoming game. classic let down spot here with the same old jets theme rearing its ugly head.

19. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

wheel route.

20. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I think when the circus left town they took the emotional rollercoaster with them. Entirely new mindset with this team now so I don't see any letdown like in recent times. Another great test for this team and its rookie HC coming up this weekend.

NY Jets68 likes this.