I can't believe some of the BS I'm reading after this game!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Looking better and better...Hopefully he's okay...Mangold too :eek:

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

He's one of the good strong safeties in the league and he's young and only really playing the position for the first time at the NFL level.

3. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Why the f*ck would anyone fear getting blown out? The last 4 losses have been by 2, 1, 3 and 3. Note that's when our roster was aggressively bad and we were being coached one of the worst coaches in the NFL according to some on this board. So Bowles did worse than Rex when you consider the point and talent differentials. It's a division game; blowouts are the exception not the rule. As usual the game came down to 1 or 2 critical plays and/or mistakes. And as usual they made the play made the 1 or 2 critical plays while we made the 1 or 2 critical mistakes.

#83 legler82, Oct 25, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2015
  4. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Inferiority complex much?

5. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

To be fair the difference is us handing them the ball on and 3 points on our 1st possession of the game and on our 1st scoring drive really bad play calling inside the 10. The Cumberland Non PI/miss result in a 7 point swing. Maybe we play differently in the 4th quarter if those 2 things are different. We'll never know.

6. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Smith definitely needs to be involved more. Can't be dependent on hitting him on deep routes b/c guess what - Fitz isn't gonna make that happen all the time.

7. srains

srains Member

Dude, you are wound a little too tight. I get it, your dad only loved you if you won your T-ball game. I am not even sure what your response was about. My concern (why do you care anyway?) with a blow out, the loss or out coach . Regardless, take a deep breath, a few meds, a couple shots of Jack and relax.

8. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

bs sorry but wrong is wrong why is that so hard to understand? The suh thing was nothing compared to this you could even argue what suh did was not dirty you can't argue what the dlineman did was not a dirty play, did he intend to injure no but he wanted to drag down a blocker. To be honest next time they play if the nfl does nothing I hope the chop block the sob

FlaJet likes this.
  9. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

I can.

Yes. Nobody cares what they think.

They win championships because they cheated and continue to cheat. When they get caught cheating, they cry like bitches and run straight to federal court. Their fans condone it because they are, simply put, shameless - incapable of feeling shame. The franchise (and its fans) exemplify the worst of professional sports (and have done so for over a decade).

Legends in their own minds maybe.

Anyone who's been a Jets fan for more than 10 minutes recognizes this for exactly what it was ... same old Jets. It's been going on since Joe Walton and Richard Todd. No points for coming close.

FlaJet likes this.
  10. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Honestly if you have nothing but bad things to say about our performance you may want to reconsider your membership on this site. We don't want nor need you.

This is not the same old Jets. We just lost to one of the only powerhouses in the NFL. The team that wins our division 95% of the time. It was expected but we showed up to play. This team is heading in the right direction.

Fitz played lights out and made a lot of plays. It could have easily been a win. The Cumberland PI, the Marshall drop, the fumble they recovered, the 3rd & 17, and a few others. It also could have been worse for us with some of those tipped balls as well. But Ivory wasn't even himself and we had some key players on defense leave the game.

It was a winnable game but it didn't fall that way. But you know what? It's o-fucking-k. We just lost to the Super Bowl champs at home... Get over it. This team came out and competed and I for one am proud to be a Jets fan for the first time in several years. Take your negativy and shove it up your ass.

You're only as good as your next play. Let's go out there and take care of business next week. This loss is gonna make the team hungry and I liked what I saw in some facets today. If the team keeps on this track we will have a decent season. Just can't turn around and start dropping games. Take it a week at a time. We are still 4-2.

#90 Martin&theJETS, Oct 26, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
  11. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

At the end of the day, they beat us by one score in their house. Let's worry about winning the rest of our games and then beating them in our house on December 27th. We're in no position to talk shit after we got beat.

Cman68 likes this.
  12. JCLA

JCLA Active Member

Why do you expect Todd Bowles to have outcoached Belichick? Be real about that. Belichick is the best coach in the game and Bowles is a rookie head coach. Expecting him to out coach Belichick this year and for a couple years is ludicrous and absurd.

NCJetsfan and Cman68 like this.
  13. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

Cannot gripe too much. Thought the timeout stuff was weird but the pats were scorching us at a time when they should have been trying to possess the ball. As for Fitz, some people here act like he should have been matching Brady play for play. That is just unrealistic. When you play the Pats, you are not going to win the QB battle head to head.

14. Will

Will Well-Known Member

The Patriots have played hard and in the end deserved the win - we were unable to cover Gronk and Amendola in the 4th Qtr when it counted. I think our Dline slowed in the second half as Brady threw so often but had such fast releases.

As for those who feel Bowles did worse than Rex we had two maybe three penalties all day - the Bills lost to the Jags and had 10 or more. When the Bills played the Pats they were sloppy committing turnovers and penalties on their way to giving up 40 points at home.

I'm mega pissed at the loss as we had opportunities to go and win the game. Yes Ivory looked hobbled in the first half and Yes I could not believe how many of Fitz's passes were tipped. Yes the third and 17 play hurt us, yes I thought it was holding when Cumberland failed to make a catch in the fourth Qtr on second down and yes I think Fitz could and IMO should have gone to the interim route next play - recall Decker got open - rather than to Devin Smith. Both sides had drops but I saw our offence move the ball effectively through the air and this is not just a moral victory but a major step forward by the Jets under Bowles.

This team did not quit and you could see frustration on the faces of Belichick and Brady all afternoon long. They know they were in a game and were probably pushed harder than in any other of their wins this year and they were afraid that they could lose - Brady celebrated that last touchdown as much as the Superbowl win. Given most pundits have them atop their power rankings and prior to the season most of us would have taken the 4-2 start I think we are being unrealistic in our expectations - I feel this is a playoff team and fans nd pundits who follow the NFL now accept this as compared to preseason when many felt we would be a basement dweller again - and that is what we need to focus on. Make the playoffs and then look at knock out games and maybe just maybe.....

Lets stop ripping individual members of the roster but now lets stop being the same old fans and make sure the team know that we believe J-E-T-S - JETS JETS JETS

NCJetsfan and Cman68 like this.
  15. mgjetman22

mgjetman22 Active Member

Just a few crucial things that killed us that need to be cleaned up. First off special teams is horrible.
    That B Marsh drop in the end zone and then allow a 3rd and 17 conversion. Spotting them the ball on our 20 to start the game.
    TB not calling time out.

Sure had to be hard to get in sync with all the injuries. I couldn't even tell who was in and who was out. Even in a loss I was hoping to send a few Pat's home sore. Instead we got beat up.

16. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Your chore for today is to look up irony in the dictionary.

17. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

It was a horrible coaching job that cost us this game, that and a great QB on the other side. Horrible decision at the end of the first half and when the clock was left running under two minutes still having 3 timeouts. Finally letting Fitz throw over the middle with 7 seconds left..granted it would have probably been picked or incomplete if he threw up the hail Mary but there is always the chance of a flag or lucky tip...

18. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

You bleed the clock at the end of the first half because you don't give Brady an opportunity to put up points before the half when you know he's getting the ball to start the 2nd half and could possibly put his team up by two scores. I don't know if you've actually watched the Jets this season, they aren't coming back from a two score deficit. This isn't rocket science.

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  19. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Again, I said it yesterday - I'll be more concerned if we lose to Oakland than losing to the Pats in NE by 7.

Was the game winnable for us? Yes. But we can't hangover on it as a bad game played, but instead a lesson learned moving forward. The one thing I'm really ticked at is (and I said it earlier in the week) the one thing we cannot afford to do is blitz heavy because 9/10x Brady will beat us. And guess what, when the game was still in reach and we sent the house.. Gronk moonwalked into the end zone untouched.

20. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

How did your hero Rex do yesterday? How did Rex do against the Patriots this year after 6years of being an HC? Got his ass kicked didn't he...