Sooooooooo....SICK Of Losing to NE

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mezzavo, Oct 25, 2015.

1. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

There is no excuse. There is no "morale" victory. There is NOTHING.

That is a game that we SHOULD have won. WHY can't we win? WHY can't we beat this damn team? Why is it that the NY Jets ALWAYS seem to blow bullshit plays like 3rd down and 17? Drop balls in the endzone? How BIG was a full fucking minute of time just wound off the clock like it was nothing?

I really do not believe in superstitions or curses but, when it comes to this team and the Chicago Cubs you really have to wonder!

If I hear one person say "well we didn't get blown out" I'm going to lose my mind. We didn't get blown out because we shouldn't have lost! <sigh>

BUT, we definitely did learn one thing...Bowles needs to go back and take a few clock management classes. Period.

I just hope Mangold & Pryor are ok....

Proof positive...it DOES hurt more when you SHOULD HAVE won the game.

fansince90 and cmcm750203 like this.
  2. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Would you give up with the clock management bullshit.

This was one hell of a game he coached. We played the reigning super bowl Champs at their home and should have won. Marshall missed a perfectly thrown TD pass. There were so many errors in this game.

Clock management didn't lose this game.

Cman68, NYJetsO12 and Red Menace like this.
  3. RIPJimLeonhard

RIPJimLeonhard Well-Known Member

The fact Mangold went down in such garbage time like that stings, fuck the Pats, we will see them in Metlife.

4. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

And we lost a timeout for it.

5. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

The game was lost on poor coaching and everyone not named Revis not being able to cover anyone.

mezzavo likes this.
  6. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Clock management cost us points. We could have scored at the end of the first half but Bowles decided he didn't want to score anymore. Made no effort at the end of the game to preserve time for a comeback.

That's a huge screw up and it cost us the game.

7. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

Good game between two good teams, and we lost. Now quit your bitching, quit your crying, and get over it. We're onto Oakland.

Cman68 likes this.
  8. cbman13

cbman13 Well-Known Member

The season isn't over...... We are still in the hunt for a wildcard...... We knew we had to be perfect to beat the pats and we weren't..... The best part is we are light years ahead of where anybody thought we'd be...... And the best is yet to come......

Cman68 likes this.
  9. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

Dude open your eyes about that game. 3rd and 17 he should had blitzs. No fucking way you let Brady set back there. The bottom line Bowles was out coached.

10. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Looking at the Patriots fans I wonder have they ever had hardship as a fan ever? I mean for the first 6 weeks of an NFL season they've haven't had to worry about ANYTHING.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Thought Bowles coached a bad game today. Not playing to score at the end of the half had me livid. That's playing not to lose which usually equals losing.

The clock management was also head scratching.

macbk likes this.
  12. Going4TheGreen

Going4TheGreen Well-Known Member

Just because we weren't blown out doesn't mean we weren't out coached. The drive to end the half was fucking bizarre. 3 time outs, running twice up the gut and then a pass on 3rd and 7 to give them the ball with around a minute thirty left, no bueno. Not going for it on 4th and goal from the 2 on the second drive, also not advisable. Not being able to exploit the most inexperienced Patriots O-Line we've ever seen, pathetic and sickening.

He's a rookie HC, but he takes blame just like everyone else.

13. Cidusii

Cidusii Well-Known Member

I guess I'm one of the few who wasn't too worried about the end of the first half clock management. They burned enough clock so Brady would not have a chance to put even more points on the board and put us in a hole no matter what. But enough time and 3 timeouts to really drive down the field for a field goal if need be. Gave up any chance of a TD really but a FG was what you'd probably play for at that spot given the point differential. If they had run it on 3rd down, then I would have been pissed.

Second half clock management though was piss poor, it made no sense that no timeout was called on defense. Not before the 2 minute warning, and not after. Mind boggling. Then the Mangold injury hurt us, followed by that false start to run off the clock. It looked like they were putting Fitz in range for a final play since he lacks the arm, and the Pats were covering the sideline well enough. Tough to say since maybe Marshall being set also means the clock doesn't have 1 second left :/.

I'm just hoping Bowles improves there. Or someone is standing next to him and making sure that stuff it sorted.

14. PleaseWinSuperBowlJets

PleaseWinSuperBowlJets Active Member

Season ain't ovah, but it absolutely SUCKS losing to these guys, depressing

fansince90 likes this.
  15. june19

june19 Active Member

The allways do that before the half.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

16. mezzavo

Listen to me and listen good...a football game is all about playing SIXTY MINUTES of football!!!!! Now you TELL me how a full minute of wasted clock wouldn't have benefited us at the end of that game? Really?? I KNOW you aren't going to tell me it doesn't. Now, was it the only tale of the game? NO! But it didn't help either.

17. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

Meh. I figured they would lose today. Bowles first real game agains BB, NE at home. they played a good first half. I am disappointed with the loss because even with the fact that their vaunted DL did zip in the second half against a line of basket cases, they still were in control of their destiny. Then in the next to last drive, Fitz lost his mind, throwing a jump ball on third down to Devin Smioth when he had Decker underneath not he same side for an easy first down. Then we punted the game away. And of course we did not stop them on the last drive. Sure Marshall dropped a TD and that sucked. But we had a chance to go 8 up in the 4th quarter. And we didn't. That was before the dumb pass to Smith. Oh well, maybe next time in our house. Still want to know where the DL went in the second.

18. TonyIommi

TonyIommi Active Member

I disagree, I think he had confidence in his defense, thought they would hold the Pats to a field goal and would have 3 timeouts to score the game winning 7.

19. WhySoSerious488

WhySoSerious488 Well-Known Member

Clock management hurt. Don't kid yourself. Sitting on the ball before half with 3 TOs and Pats getting it first in the 2nd half is a really terrible coaching error. In a close game, that type of mistake could be the difference between winning and losing, and often is in this league.

Going4TheGreen likes this.
  20. mezzavo

Look here...I'm entitled to an hour, post game time, to bitch and complain. I'll be on to Oakland tomorrow. Oh, and they BETTER put forth a better effort in Oakland because I'll be there and if I'm going to take a beating in the Black hole it BETTER be for the win!

Jets_Grinch likes this.