I want to beat New England so badly I can taste it

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BleedGreen89, Oct 18, 2015.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

We'll have 12 at the least.

But it's not all bad. We don't have to listen to Jim Nantz slurping on Tom Brady's dink for 3 hours.

Might be the first time I've ever been thankful to get Eagle and Fouts.

BrowningNagle and SonofDinger like this.
  2. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Holy shit!

New England is 106-18 at home when Tom Brady starts.

Wow lol

3. Burning Elvii

Burning Elvii Well-Known Member

Which is such an anomaly that it's not natural. Catch my drift

7 undefeated home seasons perhaps 8. ****

4. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

I think all of us are hopeful that the Jets can play their best game on Sunday and sneak out an upset win. Expectations are for the Pats to be the stronger, more resilient team and for the Brady locomotive offense to steamroll our beloved Jets. Its been this way since the start of the Brady era. While in some years the Jets have been one of the more competitive teams against the Pats they have owned the Jets in wins/losses overall. Even in the Jets best recent years, its usually one tight game that the Jets scrape out a victory and one blowout embarrassment game that puts the Jets hopes of a division win in a box.

But last night I had a dream. I dreamed that beginning this Sunday, the Todd Bowles Jets era has begun and the Belichick-Brady era of dominance starts to come to a close. The Pats have always always proven to be the tougher, smarter, more talented team. But beginning this week, this all changes.

Everyone thinks the Jets only chance of a win is by ball control, bleeding the clock and playing keep away from Brady. But this time the Jets play these guys straight up. They run the two-minute offense early, score quick. They want their defense on the field. The Jets D plays fast, hits hard, creates mistakes, and frustrates Brady. They show the league that they are the more physical and talented team on both sides of the ball. The Pats offense is able to score more than the other teams the Jets faced, but not much more. The Jets go up early, stay in the lead and never take their foot off the gas. The outcome was never in doubt. They have beaten the Pats in all facets of their game.

Final score, Jets 34 - Pats 24.

After the game, Todd Bowles has a slight smile, but his demeanor and statements are no different from prior weeks. "Its a 16 game season, this was just 1 game".... "Winning this game doesnt make us, we still need to improve as a team"

Thats my dream anyway.

Jets_Grinch likes this.
  5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

The only dream better than that would be Rosario Dawson or Gloria Govan riding my pony... :)

#165 Cman68, Oct 23, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
    RexontheBeach and PulseJet like this.
  6. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

'maybe my team is just better than yours...' nope, your team cheats. Pats need a tuck, you got it. Pats need roughing passer, you go it. Pats need pass interference, you got it, holding, you got it....more time on the play clock, just pump your fist, you got it. The Jets want to hear Pats sports radio (No.), you got it. Let's take a picture of every fan in attendance, this won't look suspicious.

I wonder if Bob kraft is inviting the Goodell's over for dinner before this one. Maybe, the 'honorable' Berman will be in attendance too. Does Aaron Hernandez get convalescent leave?

Burning Elvii likes this.
  7. SonofDinger

SonofDinger Well-Known Member

As much as I can't stand Nance, it still doesn't make sense why CBS wouldn't put their first team on this game. There's no bigger game in the AFC and arguably in the entire NFL.

8. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BradTo00/splits/

Brady home and away
    Home- 92-15 Comp% 63.88, 26,685 yards, 196 TDs, QB Rating 97.7, Yards per attempt 7.33, Yards per game 249.4
    Away- 73-34 Comp% 63.48, 28,272 yards, 210 TDs, QB Rating 95.3, Yards per attempt 7.59, Yards per game 264.2

You are the fucking anomaly dude.

9. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

It is surprising as this would make it appear it will be their most televised game of the day.

http://506sports.com/

10. PulseJet

Didnt know who Gloria Govan was... NIIIIIIICCCEEEEE...

11. Burning Elvii

Nope let me show you the anomaly bucko....like i said they're not too bright in Maine.

int the past 25 years in the NFL, getting a home perfect record in the NFL is rare. Having it happen more than twice is rare which has happened to Seattle, Green Bay and Denver. Denver having 3 with Elway.

Pats have done it six times with BB and Ernie, and 2 more seasons 7-1............ Care to call me foolish? The statistics of this is off the charts in the day and age of NFL parity. The book had them on record for 5 but as we add a few years we now have 17-1 at home since the book was written and 5 since Brady lobbied the ball rules with Manning.

[​IMG]

CJLang is quite the fool

12. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

Sunday is my birthday. I'll take beating the Pats over almost anything.

13. PulseJet

Happy Birthday... I dont just want a win. I want a DISMANTLING.

I dont think you can rattle Brady too much with the pass rush, but I want him on his ass the whole game.
    I want Calvin Prior to hit Dion Lewis in the backfield like he did against Washington RB's.
    I want 2-3 Jets draped on Edelman as soon as he catches a pass.
    You cant totally stop Gronk, but I want him shadowed the whole game. Maybe he gets a TD, but it wont matter.
    I want the Pats WR's hit so hard that the ball pops out several times.
    B Marshall and Decker, a TD and 100 yards each.
    I want Ivory to run over and punish the Pats LB's and secondary.
    I want it to be a wake up call.

14. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

When we get a takeaway we better have someone inspecting the football. Probably all sorts of weird chemicals, lathering, salt and air valves to help out prince buttchin.

15. PatPatriot

PatPatriot Member

So you find that there's no coincidence that the 2001-2015 numbers are really good because Brady has been the best QB and Belichick the best coach over that span? Some fans just can't take the fact that the Patriots have been this good for this long. Brady's winning percentage on the road is .683 while his home winning percentage is .858(have to take out 2008 in his numbers since he didn't play) so no matter the location of the game he's widely more successful than not any time he and the Patriots step on the field. You also can't say that the division they play in is the reason why either. The worst record against any division in football is .623(AFC West). They've been just better than everyone else over the past 15 years and when opposing fans can't handle that fact then they look for things to make excuses as to why their team can't overtake them.

16. Burning Elvii

My posts aren't steeped in rah rah anti pats, it's steeped in averages and math and history of said team cheating. Bend over and kiss your own ass. Brady is part of the cheating scheme, as was every other minion minor player that is there and ever was under Bill's watch. You're trying to tout brady's winning percentage as an aside. I am calling out the higher order of home field shenangans and how NE's records at home are an anomaly. Tom is a robot to his one way helmet speaker

I can't believe you want to say the division weakness has no bearing? That is simply a homer's view and total fantasy

17. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

There is no doubt they have found a new way to cheat and the league just hasn't figured out what it is yet, it's been that way since the midget bought the team and bellishit started coaching it.

18. Burning Elvii

They haven't been doing anything new, just the same stuff....some of it was called out and others has been blind eyed

19. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

It should be easy to figure this out. Just look at all the home/away variances in NFL history for good teams and see if the Patriots are as much an outlier as they are in things like fumbles/recovered, etc.

Cheating isn't hard to divine if you look at everything from a mathematical perspective.

Edit: just did the Fins for their great streak from 1970 to 1985 and they had a similarly silly record at home vs away: 95-17 over that span at home. Unfortunately Don Shula is the worst coach I could have picked to figure out if cheating made a difference or not so I'm still on the fence on this one.

Going to do Tom Landry and The Cowboys later on and then maybe Al Davis and the Raiders.

#179 Br4d, Oct 23, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
  20. TB4XSBC

TB4XSBC Trolls

You're probably one of the idiots who fawned over that flawed study about NE's fumble rate since 2007 and expected them to fumble at a much higher rate this season than in years past.

How's that working out for you?